• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Parch

I'm just seeing a whole lot of love for the game of hockey right now in Edmonton. It's been a while.

Nobody in Edmonton is flipping cars and looting shops over goaltender interference. But if you think Oilers fans have no argument and should just shut up about it, well, that's not going to happen. Of course it's going to be discussed passionately. What passionate hockey fanbase wouldn't? A lot of fans are even having fun with it.

There are ups and downs this playoff season. We're just enjoying the ride.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nobody is telling anybody to not discuss the calls. In fact I believe you're the one who said that Edmonton fans have already moved on from them.

PillarEN

or maybe he was talking about Detroit on any given day

4VG6D.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Who are the two fanbases in this thread who have tried to make an earnest case about the rest of the community conspiring to unfairly shit on them?

Calgary ala zedge
Edmonton ala Parch

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe Calamari is on to something

kingslunk.

zroid

Banned
I only have good things to say about Alberta. They have no provincial sales tax, and the most excellent cable packages. Lake Louise ain't bad either.

RC

Banned
I only have good things to say about Alberta. They have no provincial sales tax, and the most excellent cable packages. Lake Louise ain't bad either.

Don't forget the late night liquor stores.

Going into a liquor store at 2am in Calgary was amazing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The kingslunk meltdown was the first thing I saw when I realized that this community existed and decided to enter the thread. It remains the second best thing to ever happen in my time here, number one of course being World War III between Vancouver and Calgary.

The kingslunk meltdown was the first thing I saw when I realized that this community existed and decided to enter the thread. It remains the second best thing to ever happen in my time here, number one of course being World War III between Vancouver and Calgary.

The great cable wars will forever echo in the songs of NHL-GAF history

Marvie_3

Banned
Who are the two fanbases in this thread who have tried to make an earnest case about the rest of the community conspiring to unfairly shit on them?

Calgary ala zedge
Edmonton ala Parch

Detroit fans......when they were here that is, always had a nice persecution complex.

how do you feel about RC Cola?
RC Cola is delicious.

Quick

Banned

Calgary ala zedge
Edmonton ala Parch

Parch and Dem.

Parch

The Ducks Oilers series has been a good coaching battle of adjustments from game to game. How do the Ducks stop McDavid? How do the Oilers stop Getzlaf? Now how do the Ducks stop Draisaitl? The Ducks are big on line matching, so the Oilers start line juggling. McClellan did it a lot in the regular season and it seemed like he finally decided on the top 2 lines, but playoff adjustments mean it's back to juggling.

The defenceman injuries are a concern. That's messing with the matchup possibilities. Griffin Reinhart is thrown to the wolves and in a tough situation. He handled himself well considering. The Oiler fans are actually fond of Reinhart because of his time with the Oil Kings. Winning a Memorial Cup with the Oil Kings reminds fans of when Reinhart was dominant. Maybe a good playoff showing now gets him another chance next year.

Cake Boss

Banned
Norrisson posts 3 points and plays over 30min in a comeback win on 1 leg, but let's talk about Neil playing 2 minutes.

Fucking Ottawa media.

Top Bottom