• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Had this cute girl stop me to have a chat...

...about sponsoring a child.

I gave her the time, I ultimately said no, and she tried making small talk to finish things off. I also couldn't stop looking at one of her front teeth because there was this weird white blob on it.

Why can't animate women be more like Kate Bishop? :(
:(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shit, Smiley, you know I would do that to myself.

On a serious note, fuck fedora standards.

I was actually gonna post "Quick, get on it", but I didn't think you were gonna do that to yourself :lol

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_mhw3usoh131qgakgso1_500.png

tumblr_mhw3usoh131qgakgso2_500.png

Quick :(

CCF23

Nervous about tomorrow's game. My confidence went from pretty high to REALLY fucking low in a one game span. It just FELT like last year. Tomorrow is a must win. Must. There's no way we win both of the games in SJ (I'd be happy with one win there), and we're not coming back from down 3-1, so we haaaaaaaaaaaave to win.

Random observations, since I wasn't here for game 1:

Sedins need to be a billion times better than they were.

Hopefully Kesler feels better. The flu definitely took its toll on him. Did not look himself.

Logan Couture scares the ever loving fuck out of me.

Raffi Torres is a playoff monster. I miss him, and I do NOT like playing him.

We need to stay out of the box because the SJ power play looks fucking deadly.

I'm not confident heading into tomorrow, but we'll see. My prediction is a 4-2 loss.

Quick

Banned

Not so far from the truth. Damn it, Acid.

True story: I'm friends with someone like Kate Bishop. Haven't seen her in ages, but we get into our own thing anytime we're together.

Go figure I didn't go further than being friends with her, and that still bites me in the ass. Her boyfriend is apparently like me, according to her. Double shucks.

Smiley90

Not so far from the truth. Damn it, Acid.

True story: I'm friends with someone like Kate Bishop. Haven't seen her in ages, but we get into our own thing anytime we're together.

Go figure I didn't go further than being friends with her, and that still bites me in the ass. Her boyfriend is apparently like me, according to her. Double shucks.

I told you you should've gone into nursing, man.

Acid08

Banned
Nervous about tomorrow's game. My confidence went from pretty high to REALLY fucking low in a one game span. It just FELT like last year. Tomorrow is a must win. Must. There's no way we win both of the games in SJ (I'd be happy with one win there), and we're not coming back from down 3-1, so we haaaaaaaaaaaave to win.

Hopefully Kesler feels better. The flu definitely took its toll on him. Did not look himself.

I'm not confident heading into tomorrow, but we'll see. My prediction is a 4-2 loss.
Well, one of our PP's looked good :p. The rest were total garbage.

I don't know what to expect tomorrow besides the Canucks coming out hard. There's still no word on Demers, Gomez, or Havlat(fuck you Bieksa) and that worries me. Thornton also needs to be much better if we're going to do anything.

I read that Roy is going to be up with Kesler tomorrow. Alain must think that Pavs can be contained by Ebbet or Lapierre. We'll see.

It's funny, both of our fanbases are just expecting the worst from our respective teams. Truly a battle of losers.

Clydefrog

We're really missing Greene out there. Blues forecheck is making Muzzin and Ellerby look like little children out there. Even worse, they know Regehr can't handle the puck for shit.

We should put Toffoli out there.

I have to admit, it's kinda weird seeing a Kings fan.

But I agree with you. Last year's King/Nolan rookie duo is NOT PRODUCING SHIT. Bench Nolan next game. Put King on the 4th line.

Smiley90

Well, one of our PP's looked good :p. The rest were total garbage.

I don't know what to expect tomorrow besides the Canucks coming out hard. There's still no word on Demers, Gomez, or Havlat(fuck you Bieksa) and that worries me. Thornton also needs to be much better if we're going to do anything.

I read that Roy is going to be up with Kesler tomorrow. Alain must think that Pavs can be contained by Ebbet or Lapierre. We'll see.

It's funny, both of our fanbases are just expecting the worst from our respective teams. Truly a battle of losers.

The Sedins lost their matchup pretty badly in the first game, so maybe AV wants to be able to mix&match the top 2 lines better by stacking them. Your third line should beat our third line pretty handily without Roy on it.

I know plenty :lol

For the girls!

Socreges

Banned

Game 1 felt NOTHING like last year for me. The Kings were a better team than the Sharks are and you felt like even when the Canucks were giving it their all that they never really controlled the game (but for spells).

Last night didn't really give me any indication of how the rest of the series could go. The Sharks didn't out chance us and the Canucks didn't look their best. Both coaches are going to be making adjustments and hopefully some Canucks will have much better games.

And yeah, tomorrow is a must win. I'm nervous but not fearful.

pringles

Dekeyser has suffered a broken thumb and will be out for the rest of the playoffs.

Yeah that's about it for any hopes we had of winning the series. :(

Solo

A fresh morning's perspective:

- If the Habs can keep playing like they did last night, the only way they lose this series is Anderson doing his best Halak.
- Price still needs to be better.
- Surprised that Gryba has a disciplinary hearing.
- Eller :_(

If I'm Therrien, I don't change a goddamn thing about the gameplan. Sens got the bounces, Habs didn't. It happens. Keep on driving like that all series and we'll win.

pringles

You had that much invested in ZE KAISER? Didn't realise he was so pivotal to your success, outside of the goal he scored today.
Our defense was beyond awful before he came in... also notice how our defense was completely awful the last 10-15 minutes of the game, when he had left.

Fell asleep before the end of the STL/LA game, good to wake up to another Blues win.

They were my team before Columbus got one (I was born in St. Louis) but I've spent the last twelve years actively rooting against them since they're in our division. With CBJ going East next year, I feel like I can finally root for my old team - at least somewhat.

Also good to see the Caps win game 1. Rangers/Caps playoffs series are always pretty entertaining, and it was fun to see Chimmer get one.

Holy shit megashock, most people were waiting for you to post when Columbus was being awesome this season. You're like... GAFs sole Blue Jackets fan.

Welcome!

Wow, Detroit decided to break out the old 3rd period blow a 2/3 goal lead that we hadn't seen in about a month. At least they won in OT thanks to wonder kid Nyquist!!!! But they really can't let that happen again, not a way to end a game and now we have this....

Dekeyser has suffered a broken thumb and will be out for the rest of the playoffs.

Yeah that's about it for any hopes we had of winning the series. :(

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Well at least we won one game in this series, DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now White, Lashoff, or CC will have to play, I can now say with confidence, DUCKS IN 5!!!

Also went through the Ducks hfboards thread, was pretty much about the refs for over half of it.

Holy shit megashock, most people were waiting for you to post when Columbus was being awesome this season. You're like... GAFs sole Blue Jackets fan.

Welcome!

Yeah, sorry about that. I always forget to come into the community area. It was a heck of a season, especially after the torture that was last year. I just hope we can pick up there in October. I'm SO ready for this team to actually compete on a regular basis.

Btw, any update on Eller? That was... unsettling.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like Seinfeld analysing the hit still, but everytime I watch it, the first thing I see during contact is Eller's head snap back.
and to the left

Whatever, I don't expect a suspension, and I hope Prust fills Gryba's face in, but more importantly I hope the team responds. It was great seeing AGally jump in there right away.

pringles

For entertainment, we are now known as the Detroit Ref Wings!
I just checked the main board threads for a bit while the game was going, yeah I guess you could call it "entertaining".
Also fun is the highlight of the Datsyuk chance/Hiller save on NHL.com. 30 second clip of a highlight reel save at a critical moment and they manage to talk about Getzlaf getting away with a crosscheck, nothing being called, Kronwall grabbing and pinning a guy to the ice with no call, and Souray getting the only penalty in a netfront battle.

Solo

I feel like Seinfeld analysing the hit still, but everytime I watch it, the first thing I see during contact is Eller's head snap back.
and to the left

Whatever, I don't expect a suspension, and I hope Prust fills Gryba's face in, but more importantly I hope the team responds. It was great seeing AGally jump in there right away.

AGally has some grit to him, which I love. It's earlier than expected or wanted, but AGally now is going to be forced to step it up in Eller's absense. I would be shocked if tonight's lines weren't:

Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Halpern-White

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
AGally has some grit to him, which I love. It's earlier than expected or wanted, but AGally now is going to be forced to step it up in Eller's absense. I would be shocked if tonight's lines weren't:

Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Halpern-White

Those are the lines I want to see as well. I wish everyone on the top two lines had Gallagher's stones

I just checked the main board threads for a bit while the game was going, yeah I guess you could call it "entertaining".
Also fun is the highlight of the Datsyuk chance/Hiller save on NHL.com. 30 second clip of a highlight reel save at a critical moment and they manage to talk about Getzlaf getting away with a crosscheck, nothing being called, Kronwall grabbing and pinning a guy to the ice with no call, and Souray getting the only penalty in a netfront battle.

Wish I had that refs smiley face gif

Also went through the Ducks hfboards thread, was pretty much about the refs for over half of it.

To you it probably looks like an enclave of Boston Bombing Conspiracy theorists.

But if a whole sizeable community of hockey enthusiasts can see something, then maybe you're just blinding yourself to how it really is.

Orrrr... People are just drinking the Ahlers and Haysie kool aid.

Who's to say what's what?

Giggzy

I'll say what. Refs love giving momentum to Detroit :)

Great game last night. I'm happy with the way we fought back but overall I'm disappointed in our play. We have an extremely bad habit of coming out flat and the opposing team will always take advantage of it. Making defensive zone errors with datsyuk and zetterburg on the ice is a recipe for disaster. Bruce needs to iron that out.

BBQ at my house for the game Saturday. All are invited :p BYOB.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Had this cute girl stop me to have a chat...

...about sponsoring a child.

I gave her the time, I ultimately said no, and she tried making small talk to finish things off. I also couldn't stop looking at one of her front teeth because there was this weird white blob on it.

Suddenly this reminds me of the odd situation I was in yesterday morning:

Was walking into work when a guy stops me and asks for a favour.

Him: I will give you 50 dollars if you call my job and tell them you're the cops then...

Me: naah I'm good.

I then walk away and don't look back I just hear him yell out "dammmmmmnnnnnn!"

In hindsight I should have stayed longer to know why he needed me to do this but I wasn't gonna take any chances.

To you it probably looks like an enclave of Boston Bombing Conspiracy theorists.

But if a whole sizeable community of hockey enthusiasts can see something, then maybe you're just blinding yourself to how it really is.

Orrrr... People are just drinking the Ahlers and Haysie kool aid.

Who's to say what's what?

Come on now, there is only about 30 ducks fans out there, I wouldn't call that sizeable. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom