• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Man that's an intense pic.

Here's a better one. This one shows that family, health and well-being are more important than any game ever will be:

2m5cg1uibuws.jpg

My thoughts are with the Eller family. As for the Habs: win tonight for Larry!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Call his job... Tell them you're the cops...

Dude, c'mon, this sounds like the easiest $50 ever.

Yeah in theory sounds simple but then when I think about the fact of exactly what phone am I calling his job with? Impersonating a cop I am pretty sure is against the law and I'm sure this office probably has call display in this day and age.

Seems more likely this would blow up on me then him.

ShaneB

I feel like Seinfeld analysing the hit still, but everytime I watch it, the first thing I see during contact is Eller's head snap back.
and to the left

Whatever, I don't expect a suspension, and I hope Prust fills Gryba's face in, but more importantly I hope the team responds. It was great seeing AGally jump in there right away.

Yeah, I looked at the gifs I made last night over and over again, even in slo mo. I still think it's easy to see the head contact and seeing his head snap back before any other body reaction. But.. I'm done discussing it, hoping a speedy recovery for Eller.

My main issue is the thought mentality going through a players mind when they go to deliver a hit that will no doubt crush the player. You can say you don't intent to injure, but when a hit is that clean, what do you expect to happen? When freight trains run over a car on the tracks, it's always a disaster. If that gets labelled a clean hockey hit, I guess I've got an issue with "clean hockey hits" *shrug* That being said, Subban's hit on Neil was great.

Solo

Subban's hit on Neil may have been worse in terms of shoulder-to-head, but the big difference is that Neil at least saw it coming. He wasn't vulnerable like Eller.

Sanjuro

I only saw one replay last night. At least from that angle, the hit didn't look devastating at all. The result sure as hell was.

Come on now, there is only about 30 ducks fans out there, I wouldn't call that sizeable. :p

We're like the 300 Spartans. Fuck all compared to original 6 teams/armies, but we seriously won't shut up. It's painful having to put up with all these shirtless Ducks fans with Teemu tattooed on their chest yelling "ALL WE DO IS WEEN WEEN".

Yeah in theory sounds simple but then when I think about the fact of exactly what phone am I calling his job with? Impersonating a cop I am pretty sure is against the law and I'm sure this office probably has call display in this day and age.

Seems more likely this would blow up on me then him.

Would he let you use his phone? Or was he implying you use yours? If you have to use yours, then yeah, fuck that. But right now it sounds like some dickhead who is trying to get out of work (... by getting into trouble with the cops?) and just needs a big dude with a deep voice to say he's getting pounded in the cell by Harley and his Superleague of Friendly Fondling.

I feel like Seinfeld analysing the hit still, but everytime I watch it, the first thing I see during contact is Eller's head snap back.
and to the left

Whatever, I don't expect a suspension, and I hope Prust fills Gryba's face in, but more importantly I hope the team responds. It was great seeing AGally jump in there right away.
Da fuq...something tells me that will not happen lmao.

Anyway I trust in Bobby Mac and Kerry Fraiser who both agree it was a clean hit. Let's see what the league does.

neoemonk

All the Ducks fans complaining about the refs apparently didn't watch game one. Anaheim scored the go ahead goal at the start of the third period on a power play resulting from a horseshit delay of game penalty at the end of the second period.

Solo

Renaud Lavoie‏@RenLavoieRDS19m
No reason to be worried about Lars Eller health right now.

Renaud Lavoie‏@RenLavoieRDS15m
That being said, head injuries are not to be taken lightly.

WARRIOR!

All the Ducks fans complaining about the refs apparently didn't watch game one. Anaheim scored the go ahead goal at the start of the third period on a power play resulting from a horseshit delay of game penalty at the end of the second period.

Well shit, that one circumstance truly outweighs the numerous missed calls we've gotten. And definitely outweighs the Souray penalty we got in the 3rd that was the only one given from a net scramble where 3 different penalty-giving circumstances from both teams occurred.

Plus they're serious about 3 certain penalties this season: Goaltender interference, Delay of game and Embellishment.

At this point you're kind've just scraping for reasons to be happy about yesterday, aren'tcha Solo?

What's the franchise record for amount of purple Gatorade drunk in a period? Maybe they broke that!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
A fresh morning's perspective:

- If the Habs can keep playing like they did last night, the only way they lose this series is Anderson doing his best Halak.
- Price still needs to be better.
- Surprised that Gryba has a disciplinary hearing.
- Eller :_(

If I'm Therrien, I don't change a goddamn thing about the gameplan. Sens got the bounces, Habs didn't. It happens. Keep on driving like that all series and we'll win.

I think you're giving the Habs a bit too much credit here, they thoroughly dominated the second period, yes, but the rest of the game was pretty much a wash IMO.

Edit: I really hope Eller is ok, he seems like a great guy.

Holy shit...Habs' 27 shots in the second period last night is a franchise record.

Fucking Anderson.

But HFboards told me he's a career backup goalie.

I think you're giving the Habs a bit too much credit here, they thoroughly dominated the second period, yes, but the rest of the game was pretty much a wash IMO.

We probably had opening night jitters, considering how many rookies make up our lineup.

I hope "BGally" and/or Prust will be seeing a dentist tomorrow night if they so much as look at Anderson the wrong way.

Socreges

Banned
@Tabris: ... which is why the Canucks currently suck.
Outside of Kesler during the Kings series, embellishment hasn't really been a problem for the Canucks since the 2011 playoffs (when it seemed like it was a problem across several teams). But they did still get called for it a few times this season, just as reputation calls. They haven't been able to shake it.

Yeah I know you just wanted to burn Tabris but I see these comments all the time from people who are going by *nothing* and thought it deserved a reply for once.

Outside of Kesler during the Kings series, embellishment hasn't really been a problem for the Canucks since the 2011 playoffs (when it seemed like it was a problem across several teams). But they did still get called for it a few times this season, just as reputation calls. They haven't been able to shake it.

Yeah I know you just wanted to burn Tabris but I see these comments all the time from people who are going by *nothing* and thought it deserved a reply for once.

OK, as long as we're clear on this.

I watched the last game, and that wasn't even on the radar as an issue.

Heretic

I'll say what. Refs love giving momentum to Detroit :)

Great game last night. I'm happy with the way we fought back but overall I'm disappointed in our play. We have an extremely bad habit of coming out flat and the opposing team will always take advantage of it. Making defensive zone errors with datsyuk and zetterburg on the ice is a recipe for disaster. Bruce needs to iron that out.

BBQ at my house for the game Saturday. All are invited :p BYOB.
I don't drink beer, sucka! Free food for me!!!

Alucard

Banned
Brown is a dirty bastard.

yf96ALh.gif

Wow. Fuck this guy. Seriously. Fuck him. He should get a suspension for the intent alone. Had he connected with knee and elbow, the other player could have been seriously fucked up. This is just a disgusting play. Fuck. This. Guy.

Giggzy

The hit on Ellers looked like a clean hockey it to me. I haven't seen many replays or angles though. Most of the blame has to fall on the teammate that gave him that suicide pass in my opinion.

Mr.Green

AGally has some grit to him, which I love. It's earlier than expected or wanted, but AGally now is going to be forced to step it up in Eller's absense. I would be shocked if tonight's lines weren't:

Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Halpern-White

How about:

Bourque-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Ryder-Desharnais-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Halpern-White

Fuck DD off the 1st line. Might be good for Pleky too. He hasn't been at the top of his game lately.

Brown is a dirty bastard.

yf96ALh.gif

Bring that %*$? to the vet already.

nobody should have to conform to ANYTHING to do with ingestion

Bullshit. Everybody needs Poutine.

CONFORM!

Heretic

Do you drink at all, or just not beer?

I don't actually care if you do or not, nobody should have to conform to ANYTHING to do with ingestion, just curious really.

I don't like the taste of beer... or, I haven't found a beer I like. I'll drink it at special events but I won't go out and drink.

I'm a fan of jello shots or shots in general. Wine is mighty good too.

Heretic

Here's a better one. This one shows that family, health and well-being are more important than any game ever will be:

2m5cg1uibuws.jpg

My thoughts are with the Eller family. As for the Habs: win tonight for Larry!

You guys are making it seem like he's dead... geez. He'll be back in no time stretching boxing.

Bruins D pairings at practice:

Zdeno Chara-Adam McQuaid
Dennis Seidenberg-Johnny Boychuk
Wade Redden-Dougie Hamilton
Andrew Ference-Aaron Johnson

They had been having Dougie with either Chara or Seidenberg all year.

I really hope the league accelerates its plans to overhaul player equipment. I think once soft pads are used again we won't see those kinds of hits any more (unless Gryba wanted to shatter his shoulder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom