• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Green

I really hope the league accelerates its plans to overhaul player equipment. I think once soft pads are used again we won't see those kinds of hits any more (unless Gryba wanted to shatter his shoulder).

That's a very good point. Someone in charge needs to pull his head out of his ass and do something before something really bad happens.

ShaneB

I really hope the league accelerates its plans to overhaul player equipment. I think once soft pads are used again we won't see those kinds of hits any more (unless Gryba wanted to shatter his shoulder).

My biggest pet peeve is the lack of helmet improvements, or carelessness by players. IMO face shields/cages should mandatory, not just visors. Also, I've mentioned it before, but please make the players have their helmets locked on tight for the love of god, they come off way too damn easily.

Eller hit knocking him out not withstanding, if the majority of damage comes from his face hitting the ice, which seems to be the case, that would've a non issue if he wore a full face cage.

Heretic

But HFboards told me he's a career backup goalie.

We probably had opening night jitters, considering how many rookies make up our lineup.

I hope "BGally" and/or Prust will be seeing a dentist tomorrow night if they so much as look at Anderson the wrong way.

Don't bring this crap here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Found this pic amusing. And a little boggling.

TM9olDw.jpg

Solo

How about:

Bourque-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Ryder-Desharnais-Gionta
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Halpern-White

Fuck DD off the 1st line. Might be good for Pleky too. He hasn't been at the top of his game lately.

If I had my way DD wouldn't even be on the team.

Solo

You guys are making it seem like he's dead... geez. He'll be back in no time stretching boxing.

Hopefully. Some players are never the same after these kind of injuries. This playoff was supposed to be Eller's coming out party.

:_(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The 27 shots in the period and 50 in total were both franchise playoff records. I guess they had a team meeting today. Rally the troops and get everyone on the same page.

Solo

The 27 shots in the period and 50 in total were both franchise playoff records. I guess they had a team meeting today. Rally the troops and get everyone on the same page.

Just put that Ottawa Sun cover on the bulletin board. No need for anything else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brian Boyle is on the ice for the second straight day.

For the first time since joining the team, Derek Dorsett is in a regular forward's jersey and cleared for contact.

Ryane Clowe is back on the ice in a non-contact jersey.

SOON.

Solo

Eller out of hospital, and:

"The results of the scanning shows no bleeding inside the brain and their is no jaw fracture" - "there might be some small [fractures] on the cheekbone, of course a couple of teeth [lost] and a broken nose"

Thug life!

Mr.Green

If I had my way DD wouldn't even be on the team.

Yeah... If I had my way I'd start Budaj too.

In what kind of state of mind is Price right now? If he allows one more bad goal he'll be crushed and you know the crowd sure as fuck won't help. Back to back games. Perfect excuse.

Oh man... I dunno really. It's a bit of lose-lose situation...

Anyway. Not gonna happen. Hopefully Carey gets his shit together STAT.

Solo

Proves it wasnt a headshot and the worse was face first on the ice

Don't think it proves anything. He was out cold BEFORE hit he the ice. The broken nose and teeth came from the fall, because he was unconscious and couldn't protect himself.

So something happened on the initial hit that knocked him out.

ShaneB

Proves it wasnt a headshot and the worse was face first on the ice

inDGK1gQP8DT7.gif

You tell me that's not a headshot the way his head snaps back first before anything else. edit: but yes, as I did mention, the majority of facial damage does come his face hitting the ice, which is not helped by the fact he was out cold and defenseless on his way down.

Revenant

Awww isn't that cute, wanna-be tough guy Prust is upset at our coach now.

the quote :lol :lol

ouch, shoulder to head. gryba has his arm tucked though. The hit is a little off the mark but it's not really a "dirty" hit.

I like Eller and it sucks to see him laid out but Diaz probably shouldn't have sent him that murder pass.

Solo

I don't think its understatement to say that this might be the most important game of Price's NHL career (so far) tonight. Time to man up.

inDGK1gQP8DT7.gif

You tell me that's not a headshot the way his head snaps back first before anything else. edit: but yes, as I did mention, the majority of facial damage does come his face hitting the ice, which is not helped by the fact he was out cold and defenseless on his way down.

It's mostly whiplash. If any head contact was made it was under the chin, you can see it as his body moves up during the initial contact.

Mr.Green

It's mostly whiplash. If any head contact was made it was under the chin, you can see it as his body moves up during the initial contact.

I hate to be a smartass but last time I checked, the chin was part of the head. So the first contact WAS the head.

Anyway... A suspension won't bring Eller back on the lineup so I don't really give a fuck to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom