• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

I was watching a really fun documentary of the Sutter family. dem boys are cray.

darryl straight-up says his priority is with the farm. jesus christ how did you win the cup then?!?

also, it was really weird to see footage of him playing as a blackhawk. he had emotions.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
who the fuck is Glen Gulutzan?!?
Apparently this guy:
C25I1920_30264588.JPG

He was mentioned on TSN Sportscenter a few weeks ago and I had the same, "who the fuck is that?" reaction. I thought it was the guy from Entourage and Hawaii Five-O:
100712magazine-scott-caan1.jpg

Anyway, so the playoffs are starting eh? What are these playoffs anyway?

I HAVE THE BIGGEST ERECTION RIGHT NOW

So glorious :~)

EDIT: lol, just listened to the podcast. Nice work again boys and especially Marvie. And yes, we may be passionate about our team, but we are mainly fucking about. And also this year has surpassed our poor exceptions WAAAY beyond anything we predicted. So we are excited, just not jizzing madly.

Magni

Prediction time:
CHI in 5
DET in 6
VAN in 7
STL in 5

NYI in 6
MTL in 4
NYR in 6
BOS in 4 just kidding, TOR in 6

Solo

Just saw the scheds.

1. TWO back to backs (games 1/2, games 6/7) in the Habs/Sens series? Trollolololol.
2. LOL Vancouver. Looks like Habs and Leafs are Canada's real teams (CBC picking Habs/Leafs and throwing Nucks in the trash).

Not playing til Thursday sucks, BUT, dat rest time for a really gassed Habs team. Also, Habs series and Leafs series alternates days. Oh CBC, you slick bastard.

Solo

Not going to lie, I'll be pretty pissed if the Habs get bounced by a team who's #1 center is ? Turris. I feel like Patches and Eller are going to be beast these playoffs.

Eller will be a beast. Remember vs the Bruins in the playoffs when he played like a champion on a busted shoulder? Warrior.

Socreges

Banned
Just saw the scheds.

1. TWO back to backs (games 1/2, games 6/7) in the Habs/Sens series? Trollolololol.
2. LOL Vancouver. Looks like Habs and Leafs are Canada's real teams (CBC picking Habs/Leafs and throwing Nucks in the trash).

Not playing til Thursday sucks, BUT, dat rest time for a really gassed Habs team. Also, Habs series and Leafs series alternates days. Oh CBC, you slick bastard.
My god, the early morning saltiness

Am I the only one who would've been shocked if they hadn't chosen the first all-Canadian match up in several years? Besides the obvious advantages, they're also guaranteed to follow a Canadian team through two rounds.

Solo

Shut up and choke that salt down. Scrgs pls.

Looks like I'll actually be watching the B's/Leafs series due to the NHL/CBC's non-conflicting scheduling with the Habs.

Solo

Anyone know what the best single-season turnaround in NHL history is? Habs went from 28th to 4th, a 24 seeding improvement in a 30 team league. Surely that has got to be awfully close to the best, if not the best.

Socreges

Banned
Solo your creative juices are wasted on small-time TSN plebs like us. Focus on writing the ballad for the Habs' first round exit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My god, the early morning saltiness

Am I the only one who would've been shocked if they hadn't chosen the first all-Canadian match up in several years? Besides the obvious advantages, they're also guaranteed to follow a Canadian team through two rounds.

If Van advances, and Tor loses, CBC will just pick them and Habs/Sens for the second round anyway.

CBC has the worst colour commentators in the business, not to mention Stock and Healey on their panel.

Solo

Man, I had no idea the draft lottery was tonight. Feels good man. Compare that to a year ago where the draft lottery was my Stanley Cup :lol

Man, so much salt on the last podcast against the Wings, ya'll be hating.

Man, I had no idea the draft lottery was tonight. Feels good man. Compare that to a year ago where the draft lottery was my Stanley Cup :lol

I hope Edmonton wins it just for the reactions.

Anyone know what the best single-season turnaround in NHL history is? Habs went from 28th to 4th, a 24 seeding improvement in a 30 team league. Surely that has got to be awfully close to the best, if not the best.
Last year, Panthers. First team to go from last to division leaders.

Edit-28th to 3rd.

ShaneB

Really happy with pretty much all of the first round match-ups except Sabs/Hens, I wanted both of those teams to do well :*( Of course this means one of those makes it to the second round, which is always a good thing as well.

Other then that, there's plenty of great hockey to watch and will make my predictions in a bit.

ShaneB

How many teams go from SCF to missing the playoffs completely? I would think that kind of choke would be really rare.

I'm excited to watch the playoff preview shows tonight, really hope they reflect on playoff predictions from the start of the season, it's been a completely upside down year.

neoemonk

I never realized until this season when it looked like the Red Wings might not make the playoffs how much people hated the team. I'm not really sure what they have against them but it's ok. Until the recent ascent of the Tigers they were all we had in Michigan. We need the Red Wings to counterbalance the Lions. Otherwise we are just like Ohio sports.

So I'm not unrealistic. I just want the Blues not to get swept. That's a reasonable expectation right? Not to say we can't win the first round, but we haven't beat LA all (half) season.

Oh well. Bring on the Queens with cro magnon Kopitar.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Could say the same for the Leafs making the playoffs.

I want an asterisk on that so in 2013-2014 when they miss the playoffs again we can say no playoffs in 10 years.

Saving my salt for Wednesday, you're lucky today Solo.

Smash88

Banned
Alright since we already know Boston is going to beat Toronto in the 1st round. I'm wondering who Boston will face, I'm hoping for Pittsburgh. That would be amazing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom