• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
But it's Leafs playoffs hockey, where's Bob Cole and Harry Neale :(

I want neale back so bad

He's best color in the NHL by far

I remember they had him back with Bowen for one game against the sabres a couple years back and he didn't miss a step

calder

Honestly reading those broadcast lineups makes me wonder why it's so hard for CBC/TSN to field completely excellent teams. The NHL is, by far, the most prestigious and important property on both networks, and they generate huge sums of cash, so why aren't they both just swimming in absolutely top notch on-air talent? I guess some of it is just my personal opinions on what 'top notch' would be, but I see so much mediocrity sprinkled all over the place there.

Denis Potvin is the Cakeboss of commentators and I love him for it.

I wonder how confused Cole is going to be for a Sens/Habs series when there's no Leafs players for him to over-hype.

Quick

Banned
Honestly reading those broadcast lineups makes me wonder why it's so hard for CBC/TSN to field completely excellent teams. The NHL is, by far, the most prestigious and important property on both networks, and they generate huge sums of cash, so why aren't they both just swimming in absolutely top notch on-air talent? I guess some of it is just my personal opinions on what 'top notch' would be, but I see so much mediocrity sprinkled all over the place there.

CBC's been banking on the nostalgia/novelty factor with their presentation, but their on-air team has actually been improving. They brought in Andi Petrillo (HNNNNGGGGGG) to keep us watching whenever they have their panel, and have a mostly "good enough" field-level team (Cassie Campbell's sort of the weak link, but she's not terrible).

Acid08

Banned
West:

CHI vs MIN in 5
ANA vs DET in 7
VAN vs SJS in 6
STL vs LAK in 7

East:

PIT vs NYI in 5
MTL vs OTT in 7
WAS vs NYR in 7
BOS vs TOR in 7

Clydefrog

CHI vs MIN in 6.
ANA vs DET in 7.
VAN vs SJS in 6.
STL vs LAK in 5.

---

PIT vs NYI in 4.
MTL vs OTT in 7.
WAS vs NYR in 6.
BOS vs TOR in 6.

k I'll do it too.

CHI vs MIN in 7.
ANA vs DET in 6.
VAN vs SJS in 5.
STL vs LAK in 5.

---

PIT vs NYI in 4.
MTL vs OTT in 7.
WAS vs NYR in 7.
BOS vs TOR in 7.

Socreges

Banned
CBC's been banking on the nostalgia/novelty factor with their presentation, but their on-air team has actually been improving. They brought in Andi Petrillo (HNNNNGGGGGG) to keep us watching whenever they have their panel, and have a mostly "good enough" field-level team (Cassie Campbell's sort of the weak link, but she's not terrible).
Cuthbert/Ferraro is a better tandem than anything CBC has, I think. Always loved Cuthbert, and Ferraro has grown on me. Hughson is the best in the biz, of course, though some people don't like him much since he was BC-bred.

West:

CHI vs MIN in 4
ANA vs DET in 5
VAN vs SJS in 6
STL vs LAK in 7

East:

PIT vs NYI in 6
MTL vs OTT in 7
WAS vs NYR in 7
BOS vs TOR in 6

CCF23

My picks are in the podcast. Pretty sure they are:

Pens in 5
Sens in 6
Caps in 6
Leafs in 7

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 6
Canucks in 5
Kings in 7

Quick

Banned
Cuthbert/Ferraro is a better tandem than anything CBC has, I think. Always loved Cuthbert, and Ferraro has grown on me. Hughson is the best in the biz, of course, though some people don't like him much since he was BC-bred.

I like Cuthbert and Ferraro, as well. Ferraro reminds me of Pierre McGuire, but with hair and not creepy. He's pretty enthusiastic, and knows when to shut up.

I'm not getting the hate with Hughson, though. I think he's pretty much CBC's best and I like that he does Leafs games. Bob Cole is old as fuck, but his voice is classic. I don't mind the occasional games done by him.

To be fair, he's getting treated like shit by the Philly media. I'd be in "I don't give a fuck" mode with them, too.

I know. :lol

Just hearing his rant about the media when the team was packing up was just so damn salty.

Acid08

Banned
Wall of Shame for April:

Red_Man 1,120
Smiley90 1,098
Marvie_3 676
Acid08 648
DopeyFish 620
Kave_Man 581
Desibabu 570
Solo 562
Quick 556
CCF23 515

smily rdmn pls

Quick

Banned
Wall of Shame for April:

Red_Man 1,120
Smiley90 1,098
Marvie_3 676
Acid08 648
DopeyFish 620
Kave_Man 581
Desibabu 570
Solo 562
Quick 556
CCF23 515

smily rdmn pls

Also wanted to add that our post counts are slowly increasing in each passing thread.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This is terrible. Now how am I going to get good HD stream of Canucks games ? I don't have cable TV or TSN channel.

Does TSN have online HD streaming like CBC ?

CCF23

The bandwagons are filling........

Episode 2 of the podcast is up.

www.salt-on-the-ice.com

Apologies for the delay in getting Ep2 posted. I've been insanely busy this week.

Episode 3 (playoff preview) will be up tomorrow night.

Excellent. Will probably listen tonight.

Was fun to record with you guys. I assume I'll get better at it if I do it more haha

Marvie_3

Banned
Excellent. Will probably listen tonight.

Was fun to record with you guys. I assume I'll get better at it if I do it more haha

It's not like any of us are any good at it. :lol

Keep in mind we recorded Episode 2 last Tuesday so some of the stuff is way out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom