• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how Prust describes his own coach. The funny talking girly named poo face?

And what about his old coach, Torts. The big bad meanie tortellini.

Come on, at least come up with something better than an 8 year old can.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love how butt hurt Sens fans are that their knuckledragger who wouldn't even play on most NHL teams is out for two games in exchange for taking out one of the best forwards on either team for the entire series.

Regardless of whether you believe the hit was clean or not, the principle point of contact was the head which cannot happen.

Also I agree that Prust's comments were stupid and he should be fined, although I'm not surprised as he's been playing with him all season.

Socreges

Banned
wut?

Oh but you using stills is completely fine?

If anything your gif proves my point homie.

Get over it, everyone outside Montreal thinks its a clean hit.
What are you even talking about now?

You manipulated footage to make a legal hit look illegal

I inserted those missing frames back in

I have zero emotional investment in this issue. I've got my own view of things, but am fine with people seeing it differently.

Sanjuro

They've got their best men working on the case!

Montreal is too small to handle it, so they called in the Jagvengars!

DmW38Nb.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
I love how butt hurt Sens fans are that their knuckledragger who wouldn't even play on most NHL teams is out for two games in exchange for taking out one of the best forwards on either team for the entire series.

Regardless of whether you believe the hit was clean or not, the principle point of contact was the head which cannot happen.

i6tzWzhQYMho4.gif

YES YES YES LET THE SALT FLOW THROUGH YOUR BLOOD.

1) Couldnt play on some NHL teams. yeah ok there bud, a rugged physical defensive rookie dman that logging 20 minutes in his first year on the best defensive team in the league. BWAHAHAHAHA yeah ok. Better than what the smurfs are dressing on that 3rd pairing.

2) I guess we need to take out all of the hits out of the game, because every hit ends up touching the head, I guess Kronwall needs to be sent to the ECHL.

Montresor

I have zero emotional investment in this issue. I've got my own view of things, but am fine with people seeing it differently.

Did you mix your wording with the bolded sentence?

Edit: nevermind you were talking about Subban on Neil.

Cake Boss

Banned

I didnt manipulate shit, I got it from Twitter, and it shows Subban's shoulder in Neil's head just as much as the still you were posting yesterday of the Eller hit.

Red_Man

I guess we need to take out all of the hits out of the game, because every hit ends up touching the head, I guess Kronwall needs to be sent to the ECHL.
Where the fuck did I say you need to take all hits out of the game? Nice try dipshit, all hits to the head need to be removed from the game and if you don't agree then you've probably been hit in the heads a few times as well.

iD4HYJnOv5OF6.gif

GEE WHY WOULD SOMEONE CUT OUT SEVERAL FRAMES LIKE THAT

icphV7y8mpKfw.gif

BECAUSE THOSE FRAMES TELL AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FUCKING STORY

CakeBoss, it's good to have you back. You're a zany, sometimes funny, occasionally annoying, always entertaining guy.

But anyone who ever thinks "Cake Boss just made a good point!" should make sure their next thought is always "Wait what... let me read that again..."

Welcome back.

Which pixel is Subban?

The Gryba suspension comes as a bit of a shock considering the hit to the head seemed incidental. Pretty much everyone except habs fans thought it was a clean hit. I honestly don't think it even deserved a penalty, but what can you do. As stupid as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him 2 games just to shut the Montreal media/fans up and I guess clean the image of the game.

Oh well, shit happens.

Cake Boss

Banned
Where the fuck did I say you need to take all hits out of the game? Nice try dipshit, all hits to the head need to be removed from the game and if you don't agree then you've probably been hit in the heads a few times as well.

UH OH HERE COMES RED MAN'S RAGE! OH YOU ARE SO TOUGH AND MEAN!

Such an internet tough guy calling people's names hiding behind the computer whenever you got shit all to say in your argument lol.

And yeah if you are agreeing with the suspension then you are basically agreeing that every hit should be banned, because all hits do touch the head.

Oh please, continue with the name calling tough guy, everyone is stupid except for you right?
You got some insecurity problems.

Acid08

Banned
1. If you think that was a legal hit, you agree that head hits should be allowed.
2. If you think the suspension is right, you think all hitting should be taken out of the game.
3. The NHL is over.

Learning a lot from this thread today.

Alucard

Banned
Enjoy the game, guys. Not sure what would bring more salt: a Sens or Habs victory. Either way, I'm loving this shit talking.

Solo

To me the big difference between the Neil hit and the Eller hit is awareness and vulnerability. Neil knew it was coming, and was driving into it. Eller didn't know it was coming and was in a vulnerable position.

Socreges

Banned
I didnt manipulate shit, I got it from Twitter
Don't shoot the messenger, right? Your only fault then is being imperceptive, not deceptive. Good luck out there.

Cake Boss said:
and it shows Subban's shoulder in Neil's head just as much as the still you were posting yesterday of the Eller hit.
Contact with the head is not illegal. The principle point of contact with Subban's hit was shoulder-shoulder. He went through the body and connected with the head. Legal.

this gif looks worse than the other one... looks like he leaves his feet and smokes neil in the side of the head.
He leaves his feet immediately after the hit. That always happens. Physics, etc. And he does hit Neil in the head, but only after going through the shoulder.

calder

Leafs/Habs with a controversial hit or missed call that changed the course of the game would have ended this thread and crashed GAF.

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't shoot the messenger, right? Your only fault then is being imperceptive, not deceptive. Good luck out there.

Contact with the head is not illegal. The principle point of contact with Subban's hit was shoulder-shoulder. He went through the body and connected with the head. Legal.

So thats exactly what the TSN people said yesterday about the Gryba hit.

What in the fuck are you talking about being deceptive and shit, I grabbed a gif right off twitter showing the shoulder to the head, then you post a better quality gif that basically confirms my point.

WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs/Habs with a controversial hit or missed call that changed the course of the game would have ended this thread and crashed GAF.

Just imagine Nazem Kadri doing the same thing to Brendan Gallagher or vice versa.

It would only end with a full out brawl between the best of Leafs-GAF vs. the best of Habs-GAF.

Red_Man

UH OH HERE COMES RED MAN'S RAGE! OH YOU ARE SO TOUGH AND MEAN!

Such an internet tough guy calling people's names hiding behind the computer whenever you got shit all to say in your argument lol.

And yeah if you are agreeing with the suspension then you are basically agreeing that every hit should be banned, because all hits do touch the head.

Oh please, continue with the name calling tough guy, everyone is stupid except for you right?
You got some insecurity problems.
This post alone is worth you coming back. Incredible.

calder

Just imagine Nazem Kadri doing the same thing to Brendan Gallagher or vice versa.

It would only end with a full out brawl between the best of Leafs-GAF vs. the best of Habs-GAF.

I don't know my Eastern Canada geography that well, is there a suitable location between the two cities for a good brawl? Of course NHL-GAF would rent a barn or barns depending on numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom