• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I think I'm gonna go get some shut eye. Nice and early start tomorrow. Hope we see some returning guys and take back the game from the Caps.

bremon

Raffi fucking Torres. God damn. What kind of sick joke have I witnessed. Still trying to figure out whether the Sedins got killed by Sith and are now force ghosts, or whether they are on vacation right now and replaced themselves with inferior robot versions.

Leeness

That was...really disappointing. Mostly because it was so exciting for the third...and then sinking feelings of misery.

:(

Marvie_3

Banned
Raffi fucking Torres. God damn. What kind of sick joke have I witnessed. Still trying to figure out whether the Sedins got killed by Sith and are now force ghosts, or whether they are on vacation right now and replaced themselves with inferior robot versions.

If they were force ghosts and this was Lego Star Wars, they'd be the most badass characters.

Well that was a great hockey night. I'm glad Price showed up big tonight, and that Teeth story is memorable.

I still don't think we're gonna win this series though, especially if we keep on piling injuries (Markov and Bourque had problems tonight).

So Henrik was 20th in points and Daniel was 31st? Were they playing through injuries this year? They didnt seem to miss many games, I am surprised they fell off like that so quickly.

MPW

Well that was a great hockey night. I'm glad Price showed up big tonight, and that Teeth story is memorable.

I still don't think we're gonna win this series though, especially if we keep on piling injuries (Markov and Bourque had problems tonight).

and i am still waiting for pleks to up his game in playoffs

UberTag

On the bright side, the Leafs won't be the first Canadian team to get bounced from the playoffs this year.
Toronto fans can take heart in that!

bremon

On the bright side, the Leafs won't be the first Canadian team to get bounced from the playoffs this year.
Toronto fans can take heart in that!
Only because they got an extra day off.

If they were force ghosts and this was Lego Star Wars, they'd be the most badass characters.
True. Instead, this is reality, and they are going to be left wondering why things didn't work out for them if they don't start playing smarter.

I haven't kept up but has Rene Borque actually turned himself into a decent hockey player since we traded him or something? Or are the habs that starved for good forwards?

Socreges

Banned
Got a nice buzz going. Off to watch Iron Man 3. Hopefully it isn't a massive disappointment where it peaks in the middle act but then Daniel Sedin decides he blocks shots now and misses his check leading to the movie falling apart.

lol that'd be weird

calder

Yeah I'm going to leave the giffing to the professionals.

Nice 2 on 1 for Burns. Pity that scumbag Torres got the goal.

ibiXwIyQWHfAVk.gif

Cat Party

Got a nice buzz going. Off to watch Iron Man 3. Hopefully it isn't a massive disappointment where it peaks in the middle act but then Daniel Sedin decides he blocks shots now and misses his check leading to the movie falling apart.

lol that'd be weird
Gyweneth Paltrow is better defensively than the Sedins.

Revenant

lol that'd be weird

:lol

bremon

lol that'd be weird
I'm sure it will be fine, RDJ doesn't have to do things perfectly on the first take, plus he gets paid "real" money, so I'm sure he takes his job more seriously than *insert Canuck not named Kesler/Luongo here*.

Vigneault looks like he's about to cry.

Dude is so fired.
If they get eliminated this round, especially in a sweep, him keeping his job would be trolling. He'd probably be laughing harder than he would at a Vern Fiddler caveman impression.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
and i am still waiting for pleks to up his game in playoffs
He didn't score tonight, but he was playing a lot better, especially on the PK.

I haven't kept up but has Rene Borque actually turned himself into a decent hockey player since we traded him or something? Or are the habs that starved for good forwards?
Last year he was fucking awful, then we found out after the season he had been playing with an abdominal injury all year. The beginning of this year he was fantastic and our best forward before he got his concussion which sidelined him for the majority of the season. Tonight he was a force, had massive hits, great speed and was making plays happen and assisted on a goal. Hopefully he can continue playing like that, because that's exactly what we need.

Lol Canucks.

Now I am just going to be as salty as the montreal fanbase in the first game and say that Subban is the most overrated piece of thrash ever.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Now I am just going to be as salty as the montreal fanbase in the first game and say that Subban is the most overrated piece of thrash ever.
tumblr_llyznxRaCD1qi2esko1_500.gif

If we had bombed out this year we could have battled with Colorado for number one pick. Instead Francesco Aq gets a few games of playoff revenue.
Lolwut. There is no way Vancouver could have gotten the 1st overall pick.....

And replaced by who exactly? Unless Babcock suddenly becomes available, I don't think a coaching change will help.

You never know, why not take a chance with an aging teams whose window is definitely closing. I absolutely would have rolled the dice and hoped for the best. Does anyone outside of Tabris think they have a real shot at the cup now?

CCF23

Alright, I'm finally coming to terms with some things as a Canucks fan...

The Sedins are incredible players and incredible people, but they're not playoff performers. They've had years and years to prove the opposite, and in spite of some flashes here and there, they've never even come close to being the same in the playoffs as they are in the regular season. This puts the Canucks in a corner. It's impossible to trade one of them, and you'll never, ever get the value you want for both, especially at their current age.

Ryan Kesler is the heart and soul of the team, and the one constant (when healthy) to rely on in the playoffs. Essentially, the opposite to the Sedins. He should be the captain, and is likely the de-facto leader of the team in spite of his not wearing the C.

The Canucks defense, while solid, still severely lacks that #1 guy. Alex Edler, in spite of his looking like it sometimes, is not a #1 defenseman and likely never will be. If the Canucks are going to trade a "core" piece in the summer in order to change the culture of the team, Edler is the one that makes sense to move in my eyes, if the right deal is there.

The goalies deserve no blame. They've been the constant the last few years. Bad games or not, the goaltending on this team is the single most stable position on the team.

Alain Vigneault, and possibly Mike Gillis, deserve to be fired. The team's window has two years left at the most. A new voice is needed. Gillis could probably last one more year, but for Vigneault to survive this would be a joke.

It's hard to come to these realizations. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that your team likely blew its chance at a Stanley Cup.

CCF23

And replaced by who exactly? Unless Babcock suddenly becomes available, I don't think a coaching change will help.

Honestly, if the Rangers lose and Torts gets fired, I wouldn't be against bringing him in. His act gets old quickly, but he has a playoff pedigree that can't be ignored. He won a cup with Tampa and took the Rangers to the conference finals. With the make up of our team, he'd be the perfect "last ditch" type coach before our window closes. If it doesn't work, you can him when the rebuild starts.

Agree completely about the sedins and kesler. The sedins just dont seem to have that competitive flare, theyre talented players but after the last few playoff stints I dont think they want it enough.

Acid08

Banned
Agree completely about the sedins and kesler. The sedins just dont seem to have that competitive flare, theyre talented players but after the last few playoff stints I dont think they want it enough.

I don't buy this for any professional athlete. They wouldn't be where they are without "wanting it." The Sedins are just getting outworked by Vlasic and Braun right now. You could see their frustration coming through, Henrik even tried to run Niemi(at a totally stupid and baffling time) because I don't think he knew what else to do. Hell, I know what they can do when they get their looks. The 2011 series was great for them. It seems like they just get shut down more often than not against the right kind of D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom