• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
That podcast is pretty awesome, itunes would be sweet. Am way behind on internet voicetech but surprised at the quality of the audio given, presumably, different countries and shit.
It has more to do with shitty mics than it does with different countries. :lol

CCF23

Apparently Roy, Lapierre, and "a couple others" are partying celebrating Roy's birthday right now. I know they're human, but come on. It's your most important couple weeks (at least) of work all fucking year, and you just put yourself in a dire situation, have to travel tomorrow and play on Sunday. Go home, go to sleep, and focus on your job.

Is it wrong of me to be annoyed by that?

Acid08

Banned
Apparently Roy, Lapierre, and "a couple others" are partying celebrating Roy's birthday right now. I know they're human, but come on. It's your most important couple weeks (at least) of work all fucking year, and you just put yourself in a dire situation, have to travel tomorrow and play on Sunday. Go home, go to sleep, and focus on your job.

I agree with you. Booze probably isn't the best thing for them right now.

Also, Borrows trying to pull that same stunt on Couture that Bieksa did against Havlat in Game 1:

qjKmTd7.jpg

Honestly, that is so fucking cowardly. And Canucks fans wonder why people don't really respect the talent on the team :/

CCF23

I agree with you. Booze probably isn't the best thing for them right now.

Also, Borrows trying to pull that same stunt on Couture that Bieksa did against Havlat in Game 1:

Honestly, that is so fucking cowardly. And Canucks fans wonder why people don't really respect the talent on the team :/

Yeah...I try not to judge the things they do away from the rink because at the end of the day they're human beings and have lives and what they do on their own time is their business, ,but come the fuck on. Putting myself in those shoes, if I was behind the 8 ball at work in the single most important time of my work year I wouldn't be partying. I'd put that aside for and focus on my job.

I guess if I was guaranteed my millions regardless, maybe it would be different. I'd like to think it wouldn't be, but maybe it would be...

Also, yeah, when Burrows did that I wasn't happy. They have to stop doing that shit. I thought he slashed him and after I saw the replay I wish he had slashed him. So dumb.

Just for reference, the partying thing comes from a friend of mine who works in the restaurant industry who said he cut Roy's birthday cake and that him, Lapierre, and "a few others" are partying right now. He'd have NO idea it was Roy's birthday unless he either looked it up completely out of the blue, or it actually was happening. I just assume they're at his restaurant.

Heretic

Yes.

But I shouldn't be talking. Last season, after every loss, Bobby would always tweet about going to the movies and what movies we'd recommend. It would piss me off so much lol

Heretic

Dude, the redwings were doing this to Sheldon and they didn't get called on it but they did call Sheldon cross checking that dude...

That penalty led to the OT goal for the Refwings...

CCF23

Yes.

But I shouldn't be talking. Last season, after every loss, Bobby would always tweet about going to the movies and what movies we'd recommend. It would piss me off so much lol

Yeah, I'm conflicted. On the one hand, they're human and should be able to leave their job at the rink. On the other, it's the most important time of the season and you just went into a dire situation and it's probably not the best time to go party, especially when your job is one that partying could significantly effect your performance.

Acid08

Banned
Dude, the redwings were doing this to Sheldon and they didn't get called on it but they did call Sheldon cross checking that dude...

That penalty led to the OT goal for the Refwings...
It's shameful. Unfortunately it seems like refs don't really catch it. That shit is intent to injure.

Marvie_3

Banned

patrick-kane-limo.jpg

CCF23

You guys have Kesler. While not the same types of players I'd say they have a similar ability to dominate.

Yeah, I have no complaints with Kesler other than his inability to stay healthy (but that's not really his fault). When he's healthy, he's easily the Canucks most important player along with the goalies.

In my eyes, the core of the team is built around Kesler, Hansen, Schneider, Hamhuis, Garrison, Tanev , and Bieksa. Anyone else is expendable to make the team better. The Sedins likely won't be dealt, so, to me, you need to start building the "new" first line around Kesler now, and not have it drag out like it did when the Naslund line was playing over the Sedins even though they didn't deserve it.

Get Kesler at least one, young, legitimately talented linemate and play that as the first line. The future of this team is Kesler and Schneider's. You build around those guys. If the Twins want to be a part of that and play complimentary roles, then so be it, but I feel like their time of being "the" guys should be coming to an end.

Socreges

Banned
But it could be. According to the definitive manual of mental disorders, you're all fucking nuts. But don't trust me, not a therapist. Or, as some people humorously quip, the rapist.

Man i totally wanna see Iron Man 3 soon.
Then this is a mental institution with no one equipped to help us.

Brinbe

lol up early watching random Austria-US action and US down 2-0 after six minutes.

Also had no idea the Canadian team was so stacked. Crazy.

Socreges

Banned
So does anyone here like the occasional cigarette? Dumbest habit I've ever had was having to smoke a cig before I played (ice) hockey, cos nerves. Second dumbest would be smoking mary jane before playing ball hockey. That last one was fun though, cos i was a bit younger then.

Anyway ignore me.

Slayer.
tumblr_m344unLFSw1qft92go1_500.gif

Really hope Karlsson doesn't have a set back... his skating was completely off last night. Hoping it was just a bad game and not something worse, because he didn't even look 50%.

Really hope Karlsson doesn't have a set back... his skating was completely off last night. Hoping it was just a bad game and not something worse, because he didn't even look 50%.

He just played a back-to-back after missing most of the season and has been playing nearly 30min/night on one good leg. I'd say give him a break, he'll be fine for Sunday after some rest.

pringles

He just played a back-to-back after missing most of the season and has been playing nearly 30min/night on one good leg. I'd say give him a break, he'll be fine for Sunday after some rest.
Yeah I think he was just tired. Looked like he was fine the 1st period then ran out of gas.

Solo

Well that was a great hockey night. I'm glad Price showed up big tonight, and that Teeth story is memorable.

I still don't think we're gonna win this series though, especially if we keep on piling injuries (Markov and Bourque had problems tonight).

Habs got this. Ottawa can't match their physicality. Yes, I just said those words about the Montreal Canadiens. Strange days!

Razorskin

----- ------
Where's Tabris to tell me the adversity faced by the Canucks reminds him of his favourite movie Rudy and that the Canucks are going to pull through?

Montresor

My heart melted when I saw Carey Price give the trainer his two teeth with an almost expressionless look on his face, then go back to his net and make two awesome saves on the penalty kill. I didn't see it live but I caught the highlights on The Score this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom