• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF23

Agree completely about the sedins and kesler. The sedins just dont seem to have that competitive flare, theyre talented players but after the last few playoff stints I dont think they want it enough.

I don't even think it's a desire thing, the playoffs are just a different animal and their game doesn't seem to translate.

It's exceptionally disappointing. It kills me to know the best teams the Canucks have ever iced just aren't good enough. It kills even more to know they had two...TWO cracks to put EVERYTHING to rest. FOR GOOD, and they failed miserably.

Coming out of that I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Last year we won the presidents trophy again. When we lost to LA I figured losing Daniel played a huge role. The series was extremely close for a 5 game series, so it was reason to remain optimistic into this season, but there's no excusing this. The team played about as good as you could possibly ask for tonight and still found a way to lose. If Kesler wasn't on the team it would've ended 1-0.

Is this how Cubs fans feel?

I don't even think it's a desire thing, the playoffs are just a different animal and their game doesn't seem to translate.

It's exceptionally disappointing. It kills me to know the best teams the Canucks have ever iced just aren't good enough. It kills even more to know they had two...TWO cracks to put EVERYTHING to rest. FOR GOOD, and they failed miserably.

Coming out of that I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Last year we won the presidents trophy again. When we lost to LA I figured losing Daniel played a huge role. The series was extremely close for a 5 game series, so it was reason to remain optimistic into this season, but there's no excusing this. The team played about as good as you could possibly ask for tonight and still found a way to lose. If Kesler wasn't on the team it would've ended 1-0.

Is this how Cubs fans feel?

Cubs fans wish they had the success the Nucks have had lately.

Wow. Suzanna Collins fired after her slipup. CSN didn't want to fire her per the Score but they did. This is pathetic if McD had something to do with this. And if he did, he can go fuck himself. Stupid piece of shit.

Freudian slip? You're fired. Have fun finding another job.

Marvie_3

Banned
No that is why I was asking, I couldnt tell if your Lindy Ruff comment was being sarcastic, like the idea of changes coaches was insane or something. Sorry my wife graduated from college tonight so we did a lot of celebrating.
No, I was just shitting on Lindy Ruff for being terrible.

Wow. Suzanna Collins fired after her slipup. CSN didn't want to fire her per the Score but they did. This is pathetic if McD had something to do with this. And if he did, he can go fuck himself. Stupid piece of shit.

110% guaranteed it was him, but it wasn't just that one slip up.

No big loss anyway. She was fucking terrible at everything except being hot.

I don't buy this for any professional athlete. They wouldn't be where they are without "wanting it." The Sedins are just getting outworked by Vlasic and Braun right now. You could see their frustration coming through, Henrik even tried to run Niemi(at a totally stupid and baffling time) because I don't think he knew what else to do. Hell, I know what they can do when they get their looks. The 2011 series was great for them. It seems like they just get shut down more often than not against the right kind of D.

Fair enough, I don't put a lot of scrutiny into my accusation there, I just get that feel.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I'm going to leave the giffing to the professionals.

Nice 2 on 1 for Burns. Pity that scumbag Torres got the goal.

ibiXwIyQWHfAVk.gif

lol that was the worst played 2on1 by Bieksa I have seen in a long time.

Make up your mind already, do you have the shooter or the pass.

No, I was just shitting on Lindy Ruff for being terrible.

110% guaranteed it was him, but it wasn't just that one slip up.

No big loss anyway. She was fucking terrible at everything except being hot.

He's a dumbass. It's ridiculous to fire someone for that. And most reporters get questions from the studio, hence her never having a paper.

And you're the first one I've heard call her anything jut ugly. Lmao.

CCF23

All we can hang our hat on is faliure.

The only franchises that can understand are Buffalo and St. Louis...Everyone else has either won, is too new a franchise, or has never been close to winning. It's why I have a soft spot for the Sabres and Blues. If/when the Sharks do away with the Canucks I'll be cheering for the Blues.

And that makes her not suck at her job how? She's fucking irritating and doesn't shut up.

What the fuck planet of stupidly high standards do you live on?

No but I wasn't debating that. Just that the firing was stupid as hell and McD is a sack of shit.

And I didn't say that. Just seems to be the general consensus.

CCF23

The only position I feel the Canucks are legitimately good enough and need no improvement is in goal.

Up front, the Sedins have proven time and time again they can't consistently raise their game. It's nigh impossible to deal them and get back what you need out of it without entering a full blown rebuild which wastes Schneider's prime years, so fuck me.

On D, there's a cast of good defensemen without a standout. Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison, and Bieksa are very good 2nd or 3rd D men, but that's the problem is none of them are #1 D. Edler was expected to step into that role, but he's regressed instead of continuing to improve. He's probably the Canucks 4th D right now, behind Hamhuis, Garrison, and Bieksa.

SIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

It's kind of ridiculous how much different my tone would be had Marleau not tied it, but it likely would've just been a band aid over all of this anyway. It's still there, it's still glaringly obvious, and it still has no indication that anything is going to miraculously change.

The Canucks will likely continue to be a middle of the pack playoff team on the back of their goaltending for 2-4 more years. Get bounced in the first/second round in those years, after which the Sedins will retire/start to decline bigtime and the team will suffer for it and either enter a full rebuild or be in denial ala the Flames for a couple years and finish 8th-11th in that time.

The only thing that I think changes this is bringing in a MAJOR piece to the core. Something like Shea Weber. If that doesn't happen, it's mediocrity leading to a rebuild! Hooray!

CCF23

Acid, as much as I want to hate your team for what they're doing to me, I can't. I wouldn't be upset if you went on a run and did what the Canucks weren't able to do.

If the Canucks somehow come back and win this series and I turn into an optimistic asshole because of it, someone please tempter me by reminding me of tonight.

They're definitely not done.

They're done. They're not winning two in SJ, and they're not coming back from 3-1 down if they can manage a win in the tank. It's WAY too familiar to last year.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Man, San Jose and Vancouver are really similar. Consistently great teams over the last 5-7 years, so close to putting it together and bringing home a Cup, but always coming up short.

I'd root for either one.

And fuck, nothing is over. People said the Red Sox were done in 2004, then they kicked ass with bloodied socks and shots of whiskey. Don't count anybody out until they're out.

I could have gone with the Islanders coming back from 3-0, but that would have been too obvious

Marvie_3

Banned
Acid, as much as I want to hate your team for what they're doing to me, I can't. I wouldn't be upset if you went on a run and did what the Canucks weren't able to do.

If the Canucks somehow come back and win this series and I turn into an optimistic asshole because of it, someone please tempter me by reminding me of tonight.
I'll do that by posting the podcast outtake where you were talking about the time you felt up your grandma.

CCF23

I'll do that by posting the podcast outtake where you were talking about the time you felt up your grandma.

Wait...What?

I kind of don't think so either and it's killing me inside.

I thought that last year. I'm not falling for that again. They had to win tonight, had it in the bag, and still fucked it up. How am I supposed to suddenly believe they can rip two in a row off in the Sharks barn?

RC

Banned
I swear CCF, I see that post every year. Either by you, or me, or Canucks-GAF as a whole. What really concerns me though, is that this team has no future. There's no one in the pipeline that can carry this franchise once our core declines. We've traded away our draft picks for duds and failed to develop our young talent. It pains me to think by the mid point of this decade we'll resemble the Calgary Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom