• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the Caps are REALLY good on the power play. That was a damn good PK, and they still nearly got through.

LOVE that Zucc mixes it up with guys now. The little guy is feisty and a real handful for opponents now that he plays with a chip on his (tiny) shoulder.

calder

I didn't think it would ever happen, but I found a series I simply don't have a rooting interest in. Caps/Rangers just has me totally indifferent, and I always find a team to at least cheer against. I expected to be anti-Caps simply due to SE bitterness but strangely no.

I am rooting for a puck to Pierre's forehead though. Say "going Globetrotters" again you lazy hack, I dare you.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I didn't think it would ever happen, but I found a series I simply don't have a rooting interest in. Caps/Rangers just has me totally indifferent, and I always find a team to at least cheer against. I expected to be anti-Caps simply due to SE bitterness but strangely no.

I am rooting for a puck to Pierre's forehead though. Say "going Globetrotters" again you lazy hack, I dare you.
I'm pretty much the same way, don't particularly care for either team in any way.

How did Johannsen not score there? :lol

Montresor

I'm pretty much the same way, don't particularly care for either team in any way.

How did Johannsen not score there? :lol

Easy. Cheer for the Capitals. The Rangers have loads of likable and talented players but: 1) They made it to the ECF last year, and 2) They won a Cup as recently as 1994, and 3) Washington has never won a Cup.

So if you're neutral or indifferent to both teams I suggest taking into account which team and fanbase has had more misery.

Red_Man

I really dislike Tortorella, so I guess that will be my motivation to cheer for the Caps. That Olesky kid is laying the pain down.

Red_Man

Is it just me or is there no playoff intensity in this series?

Feels like regular season.
It's definitely the most tame series so far, you'd think they'd have some animosity after playing each other so much in the playoffs in the last few years.

Wins one game.

3 year extension.... :(

Sather is a dinosaur, why is he still there?
Because if he's gone who will sit in the managers box chewing on cigars?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Great game so far, Caps are playing great, but Lundqvist is playing better. Dammit.

Yeah. Rangers were really in charge of the first, Caps in charge of the second, good stuff. Don't like how scrambly the Rangers are getting at times, especially on defense. Hank has bailed out some big defensive blunders. Caps also got away with a few penalties in the second that could have broken their momentum.

Just have to stick to the game plan, tighten up defense, get down low more. Get some bodies in front of Holtby and steal a dirty goal or draw a penalty.

calder

"Looks like it went off the glass, lets take a look at two cameras angles that could not possibly shed any light on the matter, then shrug and admit we won't be enlightening our viewers at all because our producer apparently has no idea how angles work."

Whoa Nash

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If the NHL called down to tell the refs to give them a penalty, this league is a joke...

Ok good, they didn't. I don't care if that was a "penalty", the ref said it wasn't and the NHL can't over rule that until they change the rule book to allow so.

henrik%2Blol.jpg

Still the goalie to my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom