• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Jones

Nah, if we lose they'll pretend it was only a one goal loss so Fleury will start again. I'd be completely shocked if Vokoun starts if we lose.

We have no history of that though... Fleury can give up 6+ goals not be pulled and start the next game. Vokoun isn't starting if we lose.
Yeah but I also don't think we had an option like Vokoun in those instances. Don't get me wrong we've seen him get shelled this year too so I don't think he'll magically solve everything, but I think they have a legit option to consider, more so than they've had in the past at least.

Fleury has played like this in every playoffs since he won the cup, it shouldn't be surprising to anybody.

The point is that the Islanders team sans their goalie is keeping up with a team that many people thought would crush them into dust.

What? So you're surprised that a team can keep up with the pens even though we should all know by now that Fleury is shit in the playoffs? It's amazing that a team can keep up with a #1 seed when their goalie plays like shit? I'm not sure where the surprise is coming from.

Yeah but I also don't think we had an option like Vokoun in those instances. Don't get me wrong we've seen him get shelled this year too so I don't think he'll magically solve everything, but I think they have a legit option to consider, more so than they've had in the past at least.

No, we didn't but we still seem overly hesitant and will only switch if the other team switches their goalie. I'm not saying Vokoun is the magic answer but you have to try a shake up eventually. GWG in Game 2 was fucking awful and Fleury has been shaky at best this game.

pringles

What? So you're surprised that a team can keep up with the pens even though we should all know by now that Fleury is shit in the playoffs? It's amazing that a team can keep up with a #1 seed when their goalie plays like shit? I'm not sure where the surprise is coming from.
The Isles are actually the better team in this game though...that's the surprise.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Regardless of Fleury the entire Islanders team is outplaying and out hustling the Pens squad.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe the Pens can find comfort in the fact that it took them half the shots NYI did to score 4 times...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This Lord Stanley commercial is fucking awful.

Tabris

Schneider starting tonight. Luongo was great but the team is different with Schneider.

Game 3 is Sedins critical career point. No excuses / reasons available anymore, no Tim Thomas, no concussion, just on them now.

Red_Man

Schneider starting tonight. Luongo was great but the team is different with Schneider.

Game 3 is Sedins critical career point. No excuses / reasons available anymore, no Tim Thomas, no concussion, just on them now.
Something something Rudy

Cherry was completely right last night. I don't know what the hell's going on in Vancouver, but goaltending isn't the problem (same for the last 2-3 years).

Red_Man

I don't think the point of putting Schneider in is that they are not happy with Lu's performance but more that Schneider is suppose to be the #1 anyways. Maybe i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom