• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Sucks for the Isles, they deserved this win. Wish they had a competent goalie cause they'd have a real shot in this series.

If Pittsburgh keeps on playing like this then they aren't long for the playoffs.

Islanders showed some real skill and determination and this series can still go the distance.

As much as I love to hate them, the better team won. Everything is right in the world.

The better team on paper.

Acid08

Banned
It's more a matter of the team just playing better in front of them.
Yeah I get that but....will it really make that much a difference? Unless Vlasic and Braun start blowing all their defensive coverage on the Sedins(possible but not probable) it's not like they're going to start lighting it up.

These games are dictated by more than just how the Canucks play :/

ZeroGravity

I know it usually doesn't get called in OT in the playoffs, but it was a pretty clear-cut hold. If the Isles had killed that off, they probably would have gotten a powerplay as well during the period.

JABEE

I know it usually doesn't get called in OT in the playoffs, but it was a pretty clear-cut hold. If the Isles had killed that off, they probably would have gotten a powerplay as well during the period.
I disagree. That wasn't a hold. Streit played that perfectly.

The holding call was not actually that bad, not 100% egregious but not non-existent.

The lack of a Murray high stick call on the Grabner breakaway is fucking inexcusable though.

C Jones

Would like to see the reaction if Letang did that to Tavares.

GRIP

Lol all this salt, man.

And that "penalty" gets called in every damn game. You can't have one hand one your stick while the other is grabbing a guy that has a step on you.

calder

Just saw that "penalty". Isles got hosed.

I don't know, taking both hands and trying to grab on to a guys shoulder because he has you beat so you push him down, removing a scoring chance, is about as obvious a penalty as I can imagine. Denying a scoring chance 20 feet from the net is pretty much the only non-decapitating-a-guy way to get a penalty in playoff OT.

In fact, I bet we see more OT penalties in future playoffs. At least until the broadcasters get their way and we get playoff shootouts. :p Every playoff game on NBC that goes a full OT period is a step towards that hellish future I think.

Tabris

These games are dictated by more than just how the Canucks play :/

Not to invalidate San Jose, but the series is about the Canucks losing it, than San Jose winning it. It is completely dictated by how the Canucks play. We can play San Jose at their best, and it's still dictated by how much heart the Canucks have as they are masters of their own fate here, no matter how good San Jose plays.

So are we going to have the heart of Rudy or the heart of Vince Vaughn as the 3rd string demoted to prep team quarterback of the Fighting Irish?

JABEE

His free hand was all over Crosby. They would have called that 100% of the time during the regular season.

I saw him leaning his arm on Crosby's shoulder at the end and using his stick to guide Crosby to the perimeter as Crosby used one arm to push Streit in the stomach. I think that was a bad call. There was no hold.

Acid08

Banned
Not to invalidate San Jose, but the series is about the Canucks losing it, than San Jose winning it. It is completely dictated by how the Canucks play. We can play San Jose at their best, and it's still dictated by how much heart the Canucks have as they are masters of their own fate here, no matter how good San Jose plays.

So are we going to have the heart of Rudy or the heart of Vince Vaughn as the 3rd string demoted to prep team quarterback of the Fighting Irish?
This is the exact mentality I fucking hate from the Canucks fanbase. Eat shit.

SummitAve

Banned

Yea...same thing for the Wild too!

Tabris

This is the exact mentality I fucking hate from the Canucks fanbase. Eat shit.

Don't be mad, you should be sympathetic, you guys were in the same spot as us for a good part of the last 5+ years. Better than the teams you were playing, but lacked... or unable to bring forth the heart required to win.

calder

I saw him leaning his arm on Crosby's shoulder at the end and using his stick to guide Crosby to the perimeter as Crosby used one arm to push Streit in the stomach. I think that was a bad call. There was no hold.

Lol then you need to find a replay. Strait had both hands on Crosbys shoulder and had to push him down because Crosby had a step on him and would have been able to walk in on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom