• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stasis

Pour mes Québécois dans gang: c'était génant en tabarnak a soir... lol

Am I allowed to do post in another language in here? Please don't ban me Bish! I will edit if not OK.

elbow_medium.gif

This deserves a game for sure. Very similar to the Ference elbow on Grabovski.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm at my oldest son's baseball game, one of the other parents mentioned it while we were lol'ing over the Habs meltdown.

Cake Boss

Banned
Whoever told me about the elimination of the commentary through removing the central piece of your surround sound. You are a fucking god.

We watched the entire game cranked up with no dipshit Bob Cole, felt like you were at the game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whoever told me about the elimination of the commentary through removing the central piece of your surround sound. You are a fucking god.

We watched the entire game cranked up with no dipshit Bob Cole, felt like you were at the game.

It's amazing right?

I know I'll be shit on here by the rest of you but watching baseball like that is just amazing in the summer.

Socreges

Banned
We're behind on a recording here. Just saw Kesler get high-sticked in the throat. Glad it was just a knock

Sharks fans, more than any other fans in the league I think, have this tendency to boo for absolutely nothing. Unless I missed a critical angle?

Stasis

Honestly, as a hockey fan there are three things in the Habs game that need to be looked at:

- Bourque's elbow
- Subban jumping Turris
- White's slash

I know it's easy to dismiss it because of all the rest but White's slash was pretty f'n intense, especially when you consider his history. The dude just doesn't have the mindset to handle the NHL. Liability.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I wanna think we can do it... I mean if we win both at home it's wide open again. I just haven't seen any consistency in the team all season that would lead to a surge of confidence. The playoffs have been a microcosm of what we've seen all year. Showing flashes of brilliant play caught up in a sandwich of mediocrity and slumping. I'm not expecting much at this point, but it's not so much pissy negativity as it is acceptance. I'm OK with it. Bring on next season =)

Yeah, I've honestly been kind of in acceptance mode since sometime in February or so. I really feel like next year is this team's year, but the pieces are that that if they could just click into another gear, get a little luck, and get some fortuitous matchups, they could still go far.

Next year, mostly the same lineup, no real major offseason moves, with a full Torts training camp and guys like Kreider, Miller, McIlrath, Fasth, Thomas, etc. with another year of experience under their belts, not to mention all the critical guys in contract years who are going to be playing their asses off...it's a promising looking mix of circumstances. I like next year's chances.

This year is pretty much a crapshoot, has been almost from the beginning. Having said that, we're still totally capable of beating this Caps team. We beat ourselves yesterday, and the truth is that even just a tiny itsy bitsy little bit of offense would turn the series completely on its ear, and this team IS capable of that. Just not reliably.

Also, holy shit at that salt from Therrien. Those are Dead Sea salinity levels right there.

Acid08

Banned
We're behind on a recording here. Just saw Kesler get high-sticked in the throat. Glad it was just a knock

Sharks fans, more than any other fans in the league I think, have this tendency to boo for absolutely nothing. Unless I missed a critical angle?
What point of reference do you have for that?

Canucks fans were changing "refs you suck" for nothing in Game 2.

Revenant

Well except Canucks fans...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's not the point. Intent is the point.
Then why did Gryba get more games then Ference? I agree intent should be the main focus of disciplinary actions, but that's not how the league works. It's bullshit.

Stasis

Having said that, we're still totally capable of beating this Caps team. We beat ourselves yesterday.

Yep. Imagine if that Nash shot had gone in instead of hitting the post? Beautiful play that came close. Could have ended that game and sent it to MSG 1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom