• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
So, I was driving home listening to Virgin radio, and you know what I heard?

This fucking song with some dude rapping about the Leafs in beginning instead of Pitbull, with highlight reel soundbites from different games.

I feel dirty listening to it.

Samus4145

crosby.gif

"That's a bad call" my ass.

Looks like he tripped him with the skate more than pulled him down.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist has a 1.90 GAA and .941 save percentage right now. You would think that would be good enough.
The problem is Holtby has a 0.47 GAA and .983 save percentage. :/

Hopefully being back home brings some offense.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
grabovski is getting all philosophical

"I don't look at it like it's a different season, I just look at like it's time to play hockey or time to go home"

Acid08

Banned
Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN 3m
Kevin Bieksa completely throwing Thornton & Couture under the bus, accusing embellishment. "This is about integrity" #sjsharks #canucks

LOL BIEKSA

Canucks. Integrity. Word?

bardia

LOL BIEKSA

Canucks. Integrity. Word?

Well he's not wrong, Couture has been embellishing all series and it's been working. It is ironic though coming out of the mouth of a Canuck, guy needs to STFU and just focus, he's been awful this year.

Acid08

Banned
Well he's not wrong, Couture has been embellishing all series and it's been working. It is ironic though coming out of the mouth of a Canuck, guy needs to STFU and just focus, he's been awful this year.
He did embellish a bit on some borderline calls. I don't think I've seen him outright dive though.

Just funny coming from Bieksa. Considering him intentionally spearing Havlat in the balls and constantly trying to start shit after whistles. Integrity isn't a word that comes to mind when I think of Kevin Bieksa.

UberTag

No surprise, coming from the three teams most jelly of Montreal ;)
Nobody's jelly of Montreal.
Toronto and Boston fans just want Ottawa to win so they don't have to face the Penguins next round. Simple logic.

We all fear the team that was almost down 2 games to 1 to the Islanders.

bardia

He did embellish a bit on some borderline calls. I don't think I've seen him outright dive though.

Just funny coming from Bieksa. Considering him intentionally spearing Havlat in the balls and constantly trying to start shit after whistles. Integrity isn't a word that comes to mind when I think of Kevin Bieksa.

I don't disagree with you at all, Bieksa can be a punk and he's been god awful this year so it's funny to see him run his mouth. However some of the Couture antics I've seen are borderline Kesler like from last year, for example the "tap" Bieksa gave him and he went flying into the boards (I was at the game and was sitting right where it happened), as well as throwing himself to the ground when Sedin hit him with the butt end of the stick (dirty play, but he embellished).

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

I don't disagree with you at all, Bieksa can be a punk and he's been god awful this year so it's funny to see him run his mouth. However some of the Couture antics I've seen are borderline Kesler like from last year, for example the "tap" Bieksa gave him and he went flying into the boards (I was at the game and was sitting right where it happened), as well as throwing himself to the ground when Sedin hit him with the butt end of the stick (dirty play, but he embellished).

itr2dq9zKawZf.gif

:lol You're whining that he supposedly embellished when your piece of shit player clocked him in the head with his stick for no reason? Ya, Couture is such a bitch and up to his old antics... OH WAIT.

Solo

Nobody's jelly of Montreal.
Toronto and Boston fans just want Ottawa to win so they don't have to face the Penguins next round. Simple logic.

We all fear the team that was almost down 2 games to 1 to the Islanders.

The mighty Pens, who have been knocked out of the second round (by the lowly 8 seed Habs), first round, and first round the last 3 years, and who are going to get taken the distance by the Islanders. For real?

Acid08

Banned
Throwing himself down like that is comparable to the high sick Kesler got at the beginning of the game. He got caught on the chin but acted like Marleau had yanked the stick against his throat and then he stayed down on the ice for a bit only to get up and be totally fine to go on the PP.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks always get shit and they've actually cleaned up their game in terms of embellishment. I'm definitely OK with Sharks getting called out when it's due.

Though I haven't noticed Thornton embellishing? Couture has been a bitch, sure.

But yeah, Bieksa does need to focus. He's looked lost for the majority of the year. It's bizarre.

bardia

:lol You're whining that he supposedly embellished when your piece of shit player clocked him in the head with his stick for no reason? Ya, Couture is such a bitch and up to his old antics... OH WAIT.

How am I whining or blaming Couture for anything? If you can't see he embellished you're fucking blind. And I'm not defending Henrik, he's a POS for pulling that move and it was deservedly a penalty, hell you could even argue he deserves at least a 1 game suspension. Doesn't change the fact that Couture sold it and that's all I'm pointing out.

How am I whining or blaming Couture for anything? If you can't see he embellished you're fucking blind. And I'm not defending Henrik, he's a POS for pulling that move and it was deservedly a penalty, hell you could even argue he deserves at least a 1 game suspension. Doesn't change the fact that Couture sold it and that's all I'm pointing out.

:lol Are you a tabris alt? I'd at least have respect for you if you admitted being one of his alts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn5751TURYw

This... Made me want to cut my ears off

:lol This is a diss song right? Why would you brag that they came from the bottom? Most awkward hype song ever.

Socreges

Banned
Protip: Don't even reply to Zaraki. Or better yet don't even read his posts. He's just filling the 'verbal diarrhea' quota vacated by FortunateSon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom