• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's not supposed to be funny, but keep picking a favorite team on a daily basis, lifelong. If I grew up in Montreal, I would be pretty happy with the Habs and Habs alone.
You're one uping yourself with this post, well done.

zychi

Banned
Hawks/CSN fired Suasannh Collins?!

Boooooooooooo

Hopefully NHLN or some other sports stations picks her up. Loved her way better than the blonde.

Red_Man

Not sure that I'm following you. I just don't like people who root for numerous teams. Fairly common among die-hard sports fans.
There's a difference between hoping for a specific outcome to a team and actively rooting for one and if you can't differentiate between the two then this conversation is over, especially with the what's gone on in the past couple days. It's no different then any Bruins / Leafs fan hoping the Sens beat the Habs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is this fake?

BJneggzCIAIX8wJ.jpg

I'm not sure whether to be upset about using the Boston Strong for hockey or to laugh and admire the creativity lol

OMG is that a "Thank you Kessel" chant?

LOL

ITS WHAT WE REMEMBER

double lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Heh, feels strange to cheer for the Leafs again. Used to be a Leafs fan but as an Ottawa resident I am now an Ottawa fan. Still, I will cheer for any Canadian team during the playoffs.

Sanjuro

There's a difference between hoping for a specific outcome to a team and actively rooting for one and if you can't differentiate between the two then this conversation is over, especially with the what's gone on in the past couple days. It's no different then any Bruins / Leafs fan hoping the Sens beat the Habs.

1. You've said numerous times in the past that you like the Maple Leafs. As a Habs fan, that is rather silly to like both teams.

2. Why would you want your greatest rivals to play poorly? It means nothing when you play them, or you simply don't play them.

3. "Let's go Leafs!" is actively rooting for another franchise. I have no idea how you wouldn't see that otherwise.

4. Why the hell would a Leafs or Bruins fan want the Senators to beat the Habs? See #2.

I get that you strive to be a troll character, but you've been here for a few years now. Join the active nonsense.

Red_Man

1. You've said numerous times in the past that you like the Maple Leafs. As a Habs fan, that is rather silly to like both teams.
LOL what? You're making up bullshit now, nice try though.

Sanjuro said:
2. Why would you want your greatest rivals to play poorly? It means nothing when you play them, or you simply don't play them.
Ummmm maybe because I want them to be in bad shape in case they play the Habs? Weird I know.

Sanjuro said:
3. "Let's go Leafs!" is actively rooting for another franchise. I have no idea how you wouldn't see that otherwise.
I guess every single poster in here roots for multiple team seeing as everyone was cheering for the Islanders, better call them all out too!

Sanjuro said:
4. Why the hell would a Leafs or Bruins fan want the Senators to beat the Habs? See #2.
Maybe you should go check back a few pages where numerous Leafs fans where cheering on the Sens while they beat the shit out of the Sens.

Sanjuro said:
I get that you strive to be a troll character, but you've been here for a few years now. Join the active nonsense.
The irony is incredible, I'm done with this seeing as there's a game on, if you want to try and convince me I'm a Leafs die hard send it to me in PMs.

Sanjuro

LOL what? You're making up bullshit now, nice try though.

Ummmm maybe because I want them to be in bad shape in case they play the Habs? Weird I know.

I guess every single poster in here roots for multiple team seeing as everyone was cheering for the Islanders, better call them all out too!

Maybe you should go check back a few pages where numerous Leafs fans where cheering on the Sens while they beat the shit out of the Sens.

The irony is incredible, I'm done with this seeing as there's a game on, if you want to try and convince me I'm a Leafs die hard send it to me in PMs.

I don't want to see any other team in bad shape. Playing the Habs wouldn't be nearly as fun if everyone involved is dead. That's foolish. You still aren't making much sense here. I've taken you to PMs before, feel free to do so again! I love Hab fans and any of my other team's rivals. I just don't care for revisionist historians or complete homers.

Also, Islanders has a soft spot in many hearts. They used to be a diesel franchise and are largely forgotten by all.

Man, getting into hockey because of Toronto/fan fever.

I wish I could get more into the sport in general, I know nothing of the players, all the technical rules, etc. (EA's NHL 04 and 2K5 is where I get most my knowledge).

Are most of you lifelong hockey watchers, or are some of you just in it because of the fan fever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom