• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
But you guys have the eventual Jack Adams winner!
True, but it's motherfucking Babcock.
NONE OF YOU GET BABS AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!!!!

Plus he doesn't speak French I don't think, so he is out of the question for you Montreal.
If the French media wouldn't accept Babcock as a coach, I'd go and burn down the city of Montreal myself. They would embrace him with open arms.

Nothing wrong with being swept up in the excitement. Don't worry too much about learning the game or anything a this point, just focus on the emotion and enjoy the ride.

To me, the only thing about a bandwagon fan that annoys is pretending you've really been there all along or acting like you watch a lot more or know a lot more than you do.

Lol Leafs.

Oh I'd totally throw Scotiabank customer Lucy some game. Damn I'm old.

I'm from just outside Toronto, never understood the reason to cheer for them because it wasn't my city. So, I was always lost in regards to who to cheer for and why.

It's great to see how a community comes together for such an event though, I'm happy for you guys haha.

But personally, I tried to get into it in high school, but it felt forced to learn the numbers, names, and history.

I agree about bandwagoners :p I've seen my share, I've always found it funny how seriously they take it, but it's a good way to engage discussion, like talking about the weather or something :p I've always just enjoyed playing it in real life/video games.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the ride!

Mii

Banned
I don't know what's worse. The fact he is a scumbag or villain in this summer's Superman film.

I3jKvLm.jpg

Wow.

That sign is pathetic and almost reaching levels of disgusting.

Sanjuro

I like that we have a goal, and sixteen shots, but it feels like nobody has the position in this game yet.

Also, get Jagr off that 3rd line Claude. You fuck.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like that we have a goal, and sixteen shots, but it feels like nobody has the position in this game yet.

Also, get Jagr off that 3rd line Claude. You fuck.

Exactly how I feel, this game is still up for grabs, neither team has fully exerted their dominance.

Osorio

Every time I see the Rangers it looks like they're a notch lower than their opponents in intensity. This game is no different. I guess Tort's incessant screaming does nothing for morale anymore.

Red_Man

The most annoying part of Cherry for me isn't even the ridiculous statements he makes, but rather the manner in which he delivers them by yelling anytime he tries to make a point. It's infuriating.

pringles

Whoa, we get first dibs on Babcock whenever he leaves Detroit!
Hmm.. he could work in Montreal. You guys don't have any completely useless players like Cleary, Abdelkader and Samuelsson that he can give top line minutes. On the other hand he hates giving small, skilled forwards top 6 time so the Gallys would be 3rd liners at best for a couple of years.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The most annoying part of Cherry for me isn't even the ridiculous statements he makes, but rather the manner in which he delivers them by yelling anytime he tries to make a point. It's infuriating.
Grampa yelling at cloud

So Cherry wearing Leafs colours. Is that a win for us...?

Red_Man

Hmm.. he could work in Montreal. You guys don't have any completely useless players like Cleary, Abdelkader and Samuelsson that he can give top line minutes.
You don't watch a lot of Habs hockey then, he would absolutely love Desharnais, Ryder, and Pacioretty right now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.. he could work in Montreal. You guys don't have any completely useless players like Cleary, Abdelkader and Samuelsson that he can give top line minutes. On the other hand he hates giving small, skilled forwards top 6 time so the Gallys would be 3rd liners at best for a couple of years.

That would mean Desharnais would finally stop seeing the most ice time!

Samyy

It has been the past two games.
First person to score has also lost the past two games.

Can't buck those infallible trends.

<smiles knowingly>

Also I did not wear my jersey when we won and im not wearing it today. Im pretty sure this is how you do science

Sanjuro

Don Cherry is probably the most knowledgeable person on the game of hockey.

I never see him, but I hear about him all the time and he is on the superior Canadian broadcast. It must be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom