• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
iyEv1GCv7HNnA.gif

Amazing gif

Socreges

Banned
Edler's not the same anyway, just as he basically said he wouldn't be. He used to be a a great physical dman and quicker up/down the ice. I doubt he'll ever recover fully from his back issues.

what happened with that canucks prospect Anton Rodin anyway? He was pretty awesome in WJC a few years ago.

I think he's with the wolves right now, but injured?

Ah, google has exciting things to say like "injury prone" and "can't adjust to north american style" and "may return to SEL for awhile"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Its icing on the cake playing an ailing goalie when goal tending wasn't the issue for the first two games.

I don't want to go into next season with a goalie who possibly feels responsible for losing games 3&4 in Round 1 of the playoffs and becomes a liability after that, though. I rather he plays great, but we still lose due to something like goals scored on a too many men powerplay or so.

Socreges

Banned
Its icing on the cake playing an ailing goalie when goal tending wasn't the issue for the first two games.
- How do you know that Schneider is "ailing"?
- When you've lost the opening two games at home, it's time to shake things up. Especially if your #1 goalie is healthy and waiting to get back in.

AV did what every other coach would.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did Sens-GAF just "forget" that they faced Prust in last year's playoffs or something?

I mean, maybe I'm going senile or something in my 30s here, but I seem to remember this happening...

http://youtu.be/HoshqAL1oAI

Yeah, he got his ass kicked, but hey, he put up a fight!

Sens is doing good considering their best forward isnt even available.

We've been winning without our best players all year.

We have crazy depth at centre, even more so when Smith pulls his head out of his ass and actually battles.

It's been good enough, can't replace Spezza really. Pageau has been the surprise out of left field which gave us the boost we needed to end the season and the playoffs.

They were supposed to send him back to the Q this year but he ended up making the AHL team and now this.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that a GIF of PK Sooby Doo trying to hit Condra and getting served instead ?

Shows instead of taking the hit like Neil he cross-checks Subban in the face. That's fine, we can admit when our players do dumb shit, unfortunate that you guys can't.

edit: also gif cam kinda sucks.

Cake Boss

Banned
Shows instead of taking the hit like Neil he cross-checks Subban in the face. That's fine, we can admit when our players do dumb shit, unfortunate that you guys can't.

edit: also gif cam kinda sucks.

Condra was protecting himself, because he knows Shannahab won't. :p

Cake Boss

Banned
Because playing with 6 of the leagues best scorers is a big accomplishment.

Because his team has a losing record without him in thr lineup, but have a winning record without Crosby, Malkin, Neal out of the lineup.

Plus he has many points in 7 less games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because his team has a losing record without him in thr lineup, but have a winning record without Crosby, Malkin, Neal out of the lineup.
Probably because Pittsburghs forward depth is much better then their defensive depth.

Cake Boss said:
Plus he has many points in 7 less games.
That will happen when he plays with the forwards he does.

Acid08

Banned
Just heard about this; I'm just baffled. I was sure Luongo would start tonight and we'd lose as a result.
Schneider has a bounce back game tonight. Not saying he'll shut us out but I bet he'll be better.

I hope the Sharks remember Detroit from 2011. Being up 3-0 means nothing. Get that 4th win.

- How do you know that Schneider is "ailing"?
- When you've lost the opening two games at home, it's time to shake things up. Especially if your #1 goalie is healthy and waiting to get back in.

AV did what every other coach would.

This isn't last year, when Schneider and Luongo were both 100%.

Yes, Schneider had been sensational before during long layoffs, but he’s never had one like this.

Schneider had 13 days between starts. He was off the ice for seven of them. On another two, he had controlled, limited skates.

His injury may have healed but there’s little chance he could have been 100 per cent without a string of practices to work with Rollie Melanson.

The whole advantage of not trading Luongo was that so that you could start him when he was at 100 per cent and Cory Schneider was at 90 per cent or less.

Schneider didn’t look close to 90 per cent in Game 3’s third period and the advantage which fell into the Canucks laps was pissed away.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/05/06/time-for-the-canucks-blame-game-the-coach-may-come-up/

Montresor

I might get paid $500 to show up to tomorrow's Leafs game, a couple of seats behind Rask. Fucking feels good man!

Perks of being being a chauffeur as a part-time gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom