• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
laserk_zps0e5a36e2.gif

pringles

Dang, what a game yesterday and the Joe was rocking with a great playoff atmosphere, would have been a heck of a game to go to.

Also Brunner leads the Wings with 4 points in the playoffs.
The crowd was amazing all game, and the "you got Kronwalled" chant was hilarious.

Cool note about our OT winner: all 5 guys on the ice were playoff rookies, 4 of them actual rookies. Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner-Lashoff-Kindl.

Letang, Subban, and Suter are the Norris finalists
No offense to 3 good players, but weakest Norris top 3 in..ever?

Giggzy

Deary me, ducks. Inconsistencies have been our problem all year. We had a chance to bury the series last night and couldn't get it done.

Absolutely horrible defending throughout. The datsyuk goal was nice but it was bad defending by sbiza. Why give him the outside lane when there were two guys covering the inside. Horrible choice. And to allow 50 shots is just poor. Lydman absence was noticeable.

And to top the night off with a queens win just made everything worse.

Bring on Wednesday.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One of the worst FA signings in NHL history, when you look at what he got paid vs what he actually played like.

Eh, I'm not convinced he's even the worst Rangers FA signings in the last 10 years or so. He was really clutch last season, though he did start to face over the course of the playoffs. He was absolutely miserable this season, though, except for the last two weeks of the season where he suddenly got a ridiculous streak of puck luck. He honestly looks better right now than he has in just about a full calendar year. Beat Holtby on a shot that rang off the post last night, too.

But yeah, his contract is utterly absurd. He even played on the 4th line for at least one shift last night because of the game Boyle and Brassard were having. :D

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think the game will be more akin to Game 2, but with the Sens having a better showing.

edit: who knows if White will even be in the lineup. Gio, Max, White and Bourque didn't take part in the skate this morning.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is one boggling stat. Arron Asham is 4th on the Rangers in career playoff goals. Whaaaaaat?

1) Richards (27)
2) Clowe (18)
3) Callahan (12)
4) Asham (10)

I guess that's what happens when you have a bunch of Blue Jackets on the team.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
This is one boggling stat. Arron Asham is 4th on the Rangers in career playoff goals. Whaaaaaat?

1) Richards (27)
2) Clowe (18)
3) Callahan (12)
4) Asham (10)

I guess that's what happens when you have a bunch of Blue Jackets on the team.

Eh, he has a lot of playoff games under his belt from his time in Philly. Also got to the playoffs 3 times with the Islanders and twice with Pittsburgh. Dude's got 65 games under his belt.

ShaneB

It was mentioned briefly yesterday, and I made a post about it ages ago, but here’s a new patch for NHL 94 (genesis) those should interest plenty of folks. Full update for 2013 playoffs and a few other fixes and things. Still not as full featured as I wish a "new retro" official release could be, but it's still great fun.

Link is here to the original site NHL 94-13 Playoff Edition

Instructions and whatnot are in the downloaded patch file, but If you need any help, feel free to pm me to make it a bit easier.

NHL13splash.png
wpgcol.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers practice, Clowe on the ice again. Nash and Powe not on the ice. "Maintenance day" for Nash. I guess they're just staying on the safe side after he tried to kill himself at the end of the 2nd last night.

pringles

Deary me, ducks. Inconsistencies have been our problem all year. We had a chance to bury the series last night and couldn't get it done.

Absolutely horrible defending throughout. The datsyuk goal was nice but it was bad defending by sbiza. Why give him the outside lane when there were two guys covering the inside. Horrible choice. And to allow 50 shots is just poor. Lydman absence was noticeable.
You don't want to give Datsyuk the inside lane... besides, Pavel fooled him on the zone entry, made a quick inside-outside move. Overall I thought Anaheim did an amazing job defensively, Detroit got mostly perimeter shots. I expect Anaheim to bring more offensive pressure in Game 5 though. I hope the series goes 7 games, something about Ducks-Wings just makes for great playoff series.

Solo

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m
Upper body injury for Ryan White. #canadiens #RDS

"Upper body injury", AKA Habs actually want to win this game and get back to playing hockey and as such are benching the dumbfuck before he can take a run at Gryba.

Smart call, MT.

Ricker

The winner of the Habs/Sen game tonight wins the series...If Ottawa wins,they lose in Montreal then finish it off in Ottawa,Montreal wins,they win in 7... :p

Go Habs Go...!!!! :p

Solo

I'm guessing tonight will be

Patches-DD-Bourque
Ryder-Pleks-Moen
Prust-AGally-BGally
Dumont-Halpern-Armstrong

This is what I'd rather see though

Patches-Pleks-Prust
Bourque-AGally-BGally
DD-Dumont-Ryder
Moen-Halpern-Armstrong