• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Islanders have won my heart as underdog story of the playoffs.

Penguins have been taken out by weaker seed teams in the playoffs since 2010.

Smash88

Banned
Pens are playing something terrible right now. They need to step up their game, the turn overs need to stop.

Come on Pens bounce back!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This Pens-Isles game is mayhem right now. Somebody is going to have to literally be murdered in order to draw a penalty at this point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Legal play. See Weber vs. Zetterberg for reference.

Weber vs Zetterberg is the best precedent for the NHL Wheel of Justice. That and as soon as there should be multiple suspensions coming out of one game Shanahan just goes "fuck it" and does nothing (see Habs vs Sens)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Burish replies to Bieksa's embellishment talk:

"I guess if I was him, while I was up on the soap box and trying to save the integrity of the game and all that stuff, I might swing by player No. 14 and player No. 17," Burish said. No. 14 is Alex Burrows and No. 17 is Ryan Kesler, two players saddled with diving reputations.

"I'd swing by their stalls," Burish continued, "and have a little talk with them about diving and intergrity, that kind of thing. Then he can work his way over to our room."

That's the angry approach. Sharks coach Todd McLellan went with the, um, biting approach.

"If we go back to look at the series, we've been called cheaters after Game 1, we've been called embellishing Canadians after Game 3," McLellan said. "If the series goes any deeper, we may even be accused of biting eventually.

"They use that word embellish, but I haven't heard that in a while. In fact, I think it was in vogue a couple of springs ago."

Look at all the Islander lifelongs in here.

With Fleury in net, that's very possible.

I'm a Flyers fan, and after seeing the Bryzgalov vs Fleury soft goal give away fest last year, LOL I can see Fleury helping the Pens bow out in Round 1 again.

Everyone loves seeing a number 1 seed team get whooped, huh Habs fans? Remember when you guys in 2010 when you took out the Penguins and Capitals?
LOL LOL Yeah, it was the Flyers who interrupted your climb and chopped you down to reality

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It will be 8-8 when it goes into OT

Pens were a glass cannon team last year and are a glass cannon team this year. Philly at least had the decency to suck both defensively AND offensively this year.

If the Canucks don't make it, I hope the Isles (for Underdog, Tavares and Streit) and Ducks (Hiller and Sbisa) make it far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom