• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyy

Islanders are a really strong up and coming team that are just unfortunate to be playing Pitt. If they played Montreal or Washington they would most likely make the 2nd round.

Acid08

Banned
Except for Joe Thorton, with both Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe gone, who are the big men who bang on the Sharks?
What do you mean? Guys who hit?

Jumbo, Wingels, Torres, Burns, and Stuart are the dudes who hit hardest.

Marleau is a big guy and finishes lots of checks. Desi, Burish, Galiardi, and Sheppard check hard too.

Clowe and Murray were only useful for hitting, which is really overrated.

Marvie_3

Banned
stupid shit
icHhUrL5hrzm2.gif

Jumbo, Wingels, Torres, Burns, Stuart, are the dudes who hit hardest.

Marleau is a big guy and finishes lots of checks. Desi, Burish, Galiardi, and Sheppard check hard too.
He's a pussy. Toews mopped the floor with that bitch.

Curufinwe

Why would Kessel try and avoid the media yesterday when in fact it would only create more frenzy?

Rosie DiManno tried to goad him:

RD: "How conscious are you when you go into that [TD Garden in Boston] building?"

PK: "It’s been four years now."

RD: "I know, I can count"

PK: "Can you?"

RD: "Yeah, I can. I’m a girl and I can count"

PK: "It’s another game."

Was she trying to make him say something sexist about girls being bad at math?

Tabris

Jumbo, Wingels, Torres, Burns, Stuart, are the dudes who hit hardest.

OK, so still a decent amount of big guys who will hit hard. Do you think you're tougher than 2010-2011 when we played you last? The question I'm asking is how much will you beat us up? :)

Acid08

Banned
OK, so still a decent amount of big guys who will hit hard. Do you think you're tougher than 2010-2011 when we played you last? The question I'm asking is how much will you beat us up? :)
Havlat is on the team now so that almost negates any toughness we have. That second line of Marleau-Couture-Havlat is susceptible to hard hitting lines. The rest are good though. Torres-Pavs-Wingels is obviously much tougher than Mitchell-Pavs-Wellwood was. I'm excited to see what that line can do.

Samyy

I'm starting to become a fan of Kessel.

Trust me players here put up with a lot worse, I honestly would not want to play in Toronto, especially if their having a tough time. Earlier this season Damien Cox (the shittiest report in Toronto sports) essentially said that they should have traded Kessel for O'reilly during Kessels cold streak.

UberTag

Also, BGally said AGally has been growing his playoff beard for a month already :lol :lol :lol :lol
Speaking of playoff beards, have you guys all prepped with clean shaves in advance of tonight's playoffs?
If my Bruins make the finals out of the East (
I highly doubt it
), I don't want to be the guy on GAF with the best playoff beard again.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of playoff beards, have you guys all prepped with clean shaves in advance of tonight's playoffs?
I highly doubt it

Yup, shaved Sunday.

I highly doubt it

I'm gonna shave tomorrow.

Samyy

I highly doubt it

shaving tomorrow

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can't believe it's been 20 fucking years already...

What were the odds of that wink getting caught on camera? He was god like. Literally. Montreal fans are still looking for a new Roy. Talk about large skates to fill...
That's part of the issue Price has, fans in Quebec won't ever be happy with him until he plays like Roy in the playoffs.

Markie should be fine; his issue was fatigue. 4 days off should do wonders. Prust on the other hand.....a shoulder injury like that....he'll probably not be at 100% until the offseason.
His biggest issue is his knee isn't what it used to be and he's slow as fuck now and constantly getting beat. Rest won't help that, he just needs to adjust his game and quit pinching every god damn chance he gets, although he played great against Toronto. One of his better games in months, hopefully that's a sign

cube444

Was she trying to make him say something sexist about girls being bad at math?

I was thinking how pointless it was of her to bring up her sex. It was obviously done fresh on the heels of the Keith/Cherry stuff in hopes her weathered gross pussy would get some action.

TUSR

Banned
I hate that there are two NHL threads in community OT now. Its not like the guys in the off season have anything to talk about until the playoffs are over.

except maybe tee times.

UberTag

I hate that there are two NHL threads in community OT now. Its not like the guys in the off season have anything to talk about until the playoffs are over.

except maybe tee times.
In the past we needed the 2nd thread so Leafs fans would have a place to congregate.
This year Toronto had to go and mess with the formula. Is anyone posting in that other thread now?

RC

Banned
I highly doubt it

Shaving tomorrow. And my playoff beard was just as good as yours in 2011. Little fucking good it did me.

Socreges

Banned
Kypreos just said about Hansen:

"When he's not in the lineup, you notice that something is just not complete with that team."

Such a nice thing to say about Hansen.

Jannik Hansen. Who hasn't missed a game in three seasons....

If anyone ever needed proof that Kypreos is forever full of shit.

except maybe tee times.
New blood doesn't like how things work around here, eh? I like the two threads. Both are active and we get more discussion that way. Otherwise stuff is drowned out.

TUSR

Banned
Kypreos just said about Hansen:

"When he's not in the lineup, you notice that something is just not complete with that team."

Such a nice thing to say about Hansen.

Jannik Hansen. Who hasn't missed a game in three seasons....

New blood doesn't like how things work around here, eh? I like the two threads. Both are active and we get more discussion that way. Otherwise stuff is drowned out.

Well I guess its good not to mix up off season stuff (rebuilding, trades, etc) with the current playoffs.

Kypreos gonna Kypreos

fallout

except maybe tee times.
Some people get whiny when we talk about non-playoff business in the playoff threads. I'd rather not have to deal with that bullshit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom