• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Habs lines:

Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-White-Prust

Markov Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillion-Tinordi

Also, Prust shaved his beard to start the playoff beard fresh :eek:

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Habs lines:

Bourque-Desharnais-Pacioretty
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-White-Prust

Markov Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillion-Tinordi

Also, Prust shaved his beard to start the playoff beard fresh :eek:

Looks good.

edit: hope White is not a dumbass. going to need him to fight Neil though.

Solo

Looks good.

edit: hope White is not a dumbass. going to need him to fight Neil though.

I hate White, but he's the type of player we need in the playoffs, especially with Pruster not being 100%. I hope in the offseason we can replace White with someone more like Prust.

Also, BGally said AGally has been growing his playoff beard for a month already :lol :lol :lol :lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I hate White, but he's the type of player we need in the playoffs, especially with Pruster not being 100%. I hope in the offseason we can replace White with someone more like Prust.

Also, BGally said AGally has been growing his playoff beard for a month already :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol love those two. Hope Markov and Prust can get some rest by Thursday.

ShaneB

Aren't you a Nucks fan, Shane?

Not particularly. Will I be rooting for them to come out of the west? Sure, I'd enjoy them hoisting the Stanley Cup finally after their long history, but I am of no allegiance to just them. If it's the Canucks vs Blackhawks in the West final, I'd want the Canucks to win, but if it's the Hawks that come out of the west, I'd be ok with that too.

Solo

:lol love those two. Hope Markov and Prust can get some rest by Thursday.

Markie should be fine; his issue was fatigue. 4 days off should do wonders. Prust on the other hand.....a shoulder injury like that....he'll probably not be at 100% until the offseason.

Cactus

Banned
Yea I suppose, I just really want Grabo to get going. If he does we'll be close to matching the Bruins scoring depth. Those three lines could be absolutely amazing. It all hinges on Grabo and if Frattin and Mac can contribute.

Honestly that will probably have to happen if we want a chance to win, I dont feel comfortable relying on Kessel this series. Someones gotta step up.

Apparently Carlyle has Kostka and O'Byrne playing together and Gardiner with Liles. Hopefully this means we get Phaneuf -Gunn, Liles- Gards, Fraser-Franson to start tomorrow.

With Chara on the ice whenever Kessel is, it makes sense to spread out the offensive skill. Kadri and Mac should be a good combo, and Lupul is always a threat, but I agree that Grabovski is the key. If he can return (at least somewhat) to the form we've seen over the last three years, the Leafs might actually have a chance.

As for the D, as long as O'Byrne sits, I'll be happy. He's a worse version of Fraser, and he's way too slow to be effective. I'd rather see Gardiner play those 10-12 minutes since he'd at least be a threat on the PP.

Quick

Banned
With Chara on the ice whenever Kessel is, it makes sense to spread out the offensive skill. Kadri and Mac should be a good combo, and Lupul is always a threat, but I agree that Grabovski is the key. If he can return (at least somewhat) to the form we've seen over the last three years, the Leafs might actually have a chance.

As for the D, as long as O'Byrne sits, I'll be happy. He's a worse version of Fraser, and he's way too slow to be effective. I'd rather see Gardiner play those 10-12 minutes since he'd at least be a threat on the PP.

It's funny, I completely forgot that O'Byrne plays for the Leafs now. I've always thought it was a pointless trade, it continues to remain that way.

Then again, he could completely surprise us and actually play well if he gets put in the lineup at some point.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I forget who it was, but eat a bag of dicks whichever of you said you want Reimer to implode on the podcast.

How dare you!

I remain the sole member of #TeamDope

image.php

Solo

Food for thought.....

(1) Pens beat (8) Isles
(2) Habs beat (7) Sens
(3) Caps beat (6) Rags
(5) Leafs beat (4) Bruins

(5) Leafs beat (1) Pens
(2) Habs beat (3) Caps

Eastern Conference Final:

(2) Habs vs (5) Leafs

BELIEVE!

Samyy

Food for thought.....

(1) Pens beat (8) Isles
(2) Habs beat (7) Sens
(3) Caps beat (6) Rags

(5) Leafs beat (1) Pens
(2) Habs beat (3) Caps

(2) Habs vs (5) Leafs

BELIEVE!

I would be okay with this, at least a Canadian team gets a shot

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Food for thought.....

(1) Pens beat (8) Isles
(2) Habs beat (7) Sens
(3) Caps beat (6) Rags

(5) Leafs beat (1) Pens
(2) Habs beat (3) Caps

(2) Habs vs (5) Leafs

BELIEVE!

The saltiest!

Solo

In reality, for the Habs to get to the Cup, the road is likely: Ottawa, then Boston, then Pittsburgh, then Chicago. Holy fuck would that ever be insanely tough to do.

ShaneB

So Rogers just bought The Score......so Sid & Tim are back on The Score!

Didn't this happen ages ago? The Score was being sucked into the Sportnet family. They've been doing some cross promo stuff here and there I am sure. I need to find out who one of the voiceover guys for the Score highlights is, he's hilarious.

Food for thought.....

(1) Pens beat (8) Isles
(2) Habs beat (7) Sens
(3) Caps beat (6) Rags

(5) Leafs beat (1) Pens
(2) Habs beat (3) Caps

(2) Habs vs (5) Leafs

BELIEVE!

Yeah, I was trying to think earlier today what magic would have to happen for them to meet, not impossible, highly improbable!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've been reading and listening to a lot of media who have been speculating hard that whoever loses the Canucks/Sharks series will have the team blown up and begin towards building a new core.

Rooting for the Ducks on this one, Detroit needs to go suck for a couple of years

Toronto needs to go cupless for another 40+ years I think.

#TeamGoWingsGo!

Team Solo, free hookers and beer.

Rooting for the Wings just so we can crush them on their way to the East.

Blues need either Detroit or San Jose to upset so we don't have to worry about Chicago until the WCF. So #TeamOneOrTheOther I guess.

I accept both of your temporary alliances for now.

Solo

Not particularly. Will I be rooting for them to come out of the west? Sure, I'd enjoy them hoisting the Stanley Cup finally after their long history, but I am of no allegiance to just them. If it's the Canucks vs Blackhawks in the West final, I'd want the Canucks to win, but if it's the Hawks that come out of the west, I'd be ok with that too.

Okay cool. For some reason I always had you pegged in Nucks-GAF.

Didn't this happen ages ago? The Score was being sucked into the Sportnet family. I need to find out who one of the voiceover guys for the Score highlights is, he's hilarious.

It happened in principle a while ago, but it was just finalized by the CRTC.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've seen 3 Red Wings playoffs games over the last few years so I wish them good luck...until they come to the East and then they can get fucked.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Was just looking at the Habs on Capgeek. Looks like there are no deals that *have* to be done this summer, but next summer (2014) we have to ink Subban (RFA), Eller (RFA), Diaz (UFA) and Emelin (UFA). Could be an interesting summer.

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me why AGally is being paid $925,000 but his cap hit is $3.225M on his ELC? Bonuses?

Next summer is going to be brutal for us.

Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi, Stralman, Boyle, and Biron are all UFAs in 2014 (among others).

Oh yeah, and Brassard, Del Zotto, Kreider, and Moore are RFAs next year too.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I really just don't see you guys knocking the Kings out in the first round.

It's a bit of a toss-up. The Kings are the same team as last year with an inconsistent Quick, fortunately the Blues aren't the same team. A little more size this year combined with what I can only hope is an April Elliott should make it a worthy battle at the very least.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Was just looking at the Habs on Capgeek. Looks like there are no deals that *have* to be done this summer, but next summer (2014) we have to ink Subban (RFA), Eller (RFA), Diaz (UFA) and Emelin (UFA). Could be an interesting summer.

EDIT: Can anyone explain to me why AGally is being paid $925,000 but his cap hit is $3.225M on his ELC? Bonuses?

Yeah, bonuses count agaisnt the cap.

Joining the '93 train.

gaming_noob

Which game(s) tonight will be high scoring? High scoring meaning more than 5 goals combined for both teams. Please help a gambling brotha.

Solo

Next summer is going to be brutal for us.

Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi, Stralman, Boyle, and Biron are all UFAs in 2014 (among others).

Oh yeah, and Brassard, Del Zotto, Kreider, and Moore are RFAs next year too.

Daaamn, you guys have it way worse.

Yeah, bonuses count agaisnt the cap.

Joining the '93 train.

Figured it was bonuses......and yesssss to joining the 1993 train!

ShaneB

Okay cool. For some reason I always had you pegged in Nucks-GAF.
It happened in principle a while ago, but it was just finalized by the CRTC.

Nah, not a part of Nucks-Gaf, just NHL-GAF :) Don't post a whole lot during the regular season just because I don't care to post much during game times since I''m not cheering for one specific team. Just the playoffs are a different beast, I can focus on who I want to win, and all that good stuff.

The Score is an odd beast, I figured it would be a complete overhaul now with Sportsnet branding, but who knows. The Score right now to me just seems like a lot of poker, horse racing, some nba stuff. I did prefer Kouleas on there when he did Hardcore Hockey Talk.

Acid08

Banned
I've been reading and listening to a lot of media who have been speculating hard that whoever loses the Canucks/Sharks series will have the team blown up and begin towards building a new core.
Our core in signed through next season and I seriously doubt Jumbo or Marleau can be traded. If there's going to be a rebuild it'll start in 14-15. I do think a new head coach is in the cards if we lose in the first round.

TUSR

Banned
Our core in signed through next season and I seriously doubt Jumbo or Marleau can be traded. If there's going to be a rebuild it'll start in 14-15. I do think a new head coach is in the cards if we lose in the first round.

don't forget Dan Boyle, guy is like 36 now and has a cap hit of $6,666,667 until the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom