• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Last week I asked some of you for help for my brother's playoff pool. These are the picks I told my brother to makel. You can re-select players after every round. And it seems like only points matter (goals and assists). No word on if plus/minus matters (it probably doesn't). And no word on if goalie wins or shutouts matter (seems like a very poorly thought out pool by his work place). He's supposed to pick 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies while staying under the cap of $100 million (I know, it's impossible to go over given current salaries).

Patrick Kane
James Neal
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Dustin Brown
Nazem Kadri

Kris Letang
PK Subban
Erik Karlsson
Mike Green

Corey Crawford
Victor Fasth

Acid08

Banned
You got a lucky bounce and won't stop talking about it because it was the peak of your glory that season

That about sums it up.

CCF23

You got a lucky bounce and won't stop talking about it because it was the peak of your glory that season.

That about sums it up.

FUCK

I was going to post an animated gif of salt, but apparently if you search salt and refine by animated on google image search you see dicks with sores all over them and what looks like salt crusting off them.

My will to beak you has been broken. Excuse me while I go bleach my eyes.

Canucks called up some AHL reinforcements.

Schroeder, Jensen, Archibald, Lain, Mallet, Vandermeer and Andersson.

So 3 center, 2 wingers and 2 defensemen.

Schroeder, Jensen and Lain should all be above Ebbett for a job. If Ebbett starts on Wednesday at this point, it'd be absolutely in-excusable, considering Schroeder in particular IS an NHL forward while Ebbett isn't.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone else in Toronto loving how hurt the media is over Kessel bailing on his media scrum yesterday?

I've counted at least 4 articles on it so far. as well as two segments in the morning specifically dedicated to bashing him for not showing up and that somehow it will affect his play.

Socreges

Banned
I've been reading and listening to a lot of media who have been speculating hard that whoever loses the Canucks/Sharks series will have the team blown up and begin towards building a new core.
Don't see that happening for the Canucks. Buying out Booth/Ballard while trading Luongo will leave the Canucks with $12.5m in cap space. They'll need to resign some RFAs (Tanev, Schroeder) for cheap, maybe a couple scrubs (Weise, Pinnizotto, Alberts), and have enough left over to bring in a couple 3rd line forwards.

Canucks called up some AHL reinforcements.

Schroeder, Jensen, Archibald, Lain, Mallet, Vandermeer and Andersson.

So 3 center, 2 wingers and 2 defensemen.

Schroeder, Jensen and Lain should all be above Ebbett for a job. If Ebbett starts on Wednesday at this point, it'd be absolutely in-excusable, considering Schroeder in particular IS an NHL forward while Ebbett isn't.
I'd like to see Lain in place of Lapierre, just for one game to see how he does. Doubt he could keep the job, but maybe.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Two playoff appearances since the lockout.

Two sweeps to get eliminated, one in the first round. Here's to a third!

Yes, the 25 year post season streak (without a cup to speak for :( ) ended too soon. Maybe one year you'll get to 10.

Which taste is more overpowering, the salt or the perpetual state of virginity?

I'd like to see Lain in place of Lapierre, just for one game to see how he does. Doubt he could keep the job, but maybe.
I think Lain could do well on the 4th line with Lapierre and Weise. There's no way you pull Lapierre out of the line-up considering his usefulness and known ability to step up in playoffs.

Lain was reportedly really good on faceoffs in the AHL and NCAA, and is a big bodied grinding forward. He's a superior option in my mind to Sestito, Pinizzotto and absolutely Ebbett.

Revenant

Don't see that happening for the Canucks. Buying out Booth/Ballard while trading Luongo will leave the Canucks with $12.5m in cap space. They'll need to resign some RFAs (Tanev, Schroeder) for cheap, maybe a couple scrubs (Weise, Pinnizotto, Alberts), and have enough left over to bring in a couple 3rd line forwards.

dat fantasy luongo trade we've all been hearing so much about.......

Samyy

I really hate our fucking media, Kessel isnt going to resign here, why would he want to with all the shit they put him through. Fucktards.

Canucks should have some cheap contracts stepping in next season in Corrado and Jensen, along with some options for the 4th line with Lain and Mallet.

Socreges

Banned
Rev, I always said he'd most likely be traded in the offseason, and don't expect much in return. Everyone knows Gillis will be desperate so he might even have to take on some of Lu's cap hit.

I think Lain could do well on the 4th line with Lapierre and Weise. There's no way you pull Lapierre out of the line-up considering his usefulness and known ability to step up in playoffs.

Lain was reportedly really good on faceoffs in the AHL and NCAA, and is a big bodied grinding forward. He's a superior option in my mind to Sestito, Pinizzotto and absolutely Ebbett.
Yeah I just meant to put him in at center since he's good at faceoffs, not remove Lapierre.

ShaneB

I really hate our fucking media, Kessel isnt going to resign here, why would he want to with all the shit they put him through. Fucktards.

It's nice seeing the Leafs do well, but this is when my schadenfreude for the Leafs kicks in and how much I love seeing the Leafs be a disaster of a team. One day the media will be ready to erect a statue of a player, claming him to be the second coming of christ, the next day they're ready to bury him. It's hilarious.

edit: Listening now to Greg Brady keeping it real on the radio about this topic. I love this man.

Samyy

Cool. Thought it might have been tonight, series against the Blue Jays is getting all the attention.

I wish it was tonight, cant take this waiting anymore!
Wont be much of a series if your playing the Jays... I dont know what happened to them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
@markhmasters If you disregard his two starts v Boston during last year's concussion-tainted campaign, Reimer is 4-2-1 (.937 sv%) v Bruins

What an odd thing to say. Why stop there? Take away his two loses and James Reimer is 4-0-1 vs. the Bruins.

Socreges

Banned
Listening to the podcast now. As with the others, I feel like it takes a bit for people to get comfortable and then is really solid stuff. Good work, guys, and good work Marvie spending 16 consecutive hours editing the podcast to get it up in time.

Anyone besides equippedwithtowel tricked into thinking that Kesler was out?

Listening to the podcast now. As with the others, I feel like it takes a bit for people to get comfortable and then is really solid stuff. Good work, guys, and good work Marvie spending 16 consecutive hours editing the podcast to get it up in time.

With the way canucks-gaf reacted at the time I assumed that he'd never play again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Clowe and Boyle were still out of practice, Marc Staal still in and fully practicing on the penalty kill, Derek Dorsett still in a non-contact jersey.

Meanwhile, Henrik Lundqvist got a much needed day off, so Cam Talbot stepped in for practice today.

cube444

Why would Kessel try and avoid the media yesterday when in fact it would only create more frenzy?

Rosie DiManno tried to goad him:

RD: "How conscious are you when you go into that [TD Garden in Boston] building?"

PK: "It’s been four years now."

RD: "I know, I can count"

PK: "Can you?"

RD: "Yeah, I can. I’m a girl and I can count"

PK: "It’s another game."

Heretic

Why would Kessel try and avoid the media yesterday when in fact it would only create more frenzy?

Rosie DiManno tried to goad him:

RD: "How conscious are you when you go into that [TD Garden in Boston] building?"

PK: "It’s been four years now."

RD: "I know, I can count"

PK: "Can you?"

RD: "Yeah, I can. I’m a girl and I can count"

PK: "So am I. It’s another game."

Fixed

Marvie_3

Banned

If it took 16 hours, I'd be the slowest editor ever.

Acid08

Banned

Yeah Marvie is killin it with the editing. So much dead air taken out :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah Marvie is killin it with the editing. So much dead air taken out :lol

There was a ton of it in the last one, probably ~15-20 mins total. We either waited awhile to see if anyone wanted to add anything about a particular series or it took us a bit to get back into another topic. :lol

Giggzy

Same here, man. We're getting rally towels and glow sticks (like in the opening game) again. I'm in section 215 for tonight's game. Are you in your regular seats?

Yep, I'm still up in 425. My friend gets ice level seats through his work when clients can't go, so I'm hoping it happens a few times during the playoffs.

Yay for glow sticks and rally towels. I'll also wear my selanne shirt and ducks time warner hat courtesy of the club. I love free stuff!

CCF23

There was a ton of it in the last one, probably ~15-20 mins total. We either waited awhile to see if anyone wanted to add anything about a particular series or it took us a bit to get back into another topic. :lol

The former for me. I was also waiting for mr. host man to bring up the next topic when I was done on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom