• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
13:03 VAN DANIEL SEDIN : BOARDING - 2 MIN (TOMMY WINGELS)
13:18 VAN DANIEL SEDIN : ABUSIVE LANGUAGE - 10 MIN

Wait, for real? I think that penalty was against AV by relay. He swore HARDCORE at the Refs. For good reason.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
qFykz.gif

It would be so easy to blame the refs, but honestly the Canucks deserved to lose. Full credit to the Sharks for playing so well.

The pieces are still there but the Canucks will need to take a long hard look at their entire organization to make another playoff run.

Congrats Sharks-Age. Not sure if you can make it past Chicago the second round but you can definitely give them a run for their money.

It would be so easy to blame the refs, but honestly the Canucks deserved to lose. Full credit to the Sharks for playing so well.

The pieces are still there but the Canucks will need to take a long hard look at their entire organization to make another playoff run.

Congrats Sharks-Age. Not sure if you can make it past Chicago but you can definitely give them a run for their money.

You dare doubt the Minnesota comeback? ;p

Acid08

Banned
Looking forward to sending the Shorks packing YET AGAIN in this, the year of our Lord 2013.

All other teams in the SCF playoffs can get fucked, as per the usual

I'm also looking forward to St Louis and LA beating the shit out of each other, good times a-coming!

Hey, hey, San Jose:

XW9wZgy.gif

Alright Sharks, let's do this !

RE_2011_05_25T050910Z_01_VAN35_RTRMDNP_3_NHL.jpg

Sharks have beaten us quite handily every single time we met this year, so this is going to be a tough series. I also hope Torres doesn't destroy a Canucks player... c'mon Torres, you used to be one of us !

Pens in 6
Habs in 7
Rangers in 6
Bruins in 4

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 5
Canucks in 6
Kings in 7

Habs in 7
Pens in 5
Bruins in 4
Rangers in 7

Canucks in 6
Ducks in 6
Chicago in 5
LA in 5

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 7
Canucks in 6
Kings in 7

Pens in 5
Sens in 6
Caps in 5
Bruins in 5

Isles in 7
HOMER PICK
Habs in 5
Rangers in 6
Leafs in 6

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 7
Canucks in 5
Kings in 7

Prediction time eh?

Pens in 6
Habs in 6
Rags in 7
Bruins in 4

Hawks in 5
Ducks in 6
Nucks in 6
Queens in 7

My predictions:

Pens in 6
Sens in 7
Caps in 6
Leafs in 7

Hawks in 5
Wings in 7
Nucks in 6
Kings in 5

Isles in 7
Habs in 6
Caps in 6
Leafs in 7

Hawks in 5
Wings in 7
Canucks in 5
Kings in 6

Pens in 4
Habs in 6
Rangers in 7
Leafs in 7

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 7
Canucks in 6
Kings in 6

West

Wild vs kings Wild in 6
Wings vs Ducks Ducks in 4
Sharks vs Canucks Canucks in 5
Kings vs Blues Blues in 6

Penguins in 4
Habs in 7
Caps in 4
Bruins in 4

I was going to do predictions in the podcast, but I can't make it tonight so here goes:

Pens in 5
Habs in 6
Caps in 7
Bruins in 6

Hawks in 5
Ducks in 6
Canucks in 6
Blues in 7

Don't want to have to wait until Thursday, but at least Habs / Leafs games aren't overlapping.

Pittsburgh in 6
Montreal in 6
NY in 6
Boston in 6

Chicago in 4
Anaheim in 5
Vancouver in 6
LA in 7

Edit: Playoffs on Tuesday night? Fantastic!

Prediction Time.

CHI vs MIN
ANA vs DET
VAN vs SJS
STL vs LAK

CHI vs DET
VAN vs STL

VAN vs DET

PIT vs NYI
MTL vs OTT
WAS vs NYR
BOS vs TOR

WAS vs NYI
BOS vs OTT

BOS vs NYI

Rangers-Caps was the first series set in the East, last to actually start. Well, that's fine. The boys, and especially Hank, could use the rest. Maybe it'll let Ovi cool off a little bit too.

Oh right, I should pick the West while I'm at it.

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 6
Canucks in 6
Kings in 5

CHI vs MIN in 5.
ANA vs DET in 7.
VAN vs SJS in 6.
STL vs LAK in 7.

CHI vs DET in 5.
VAN vs STL in 7.

CHI vs VAN in 6.

---

PIT vs NYI in 4.
MTL vs OTT in 6.
WAS vs NYR in 7.
BOS vs TOR in 6.

PIT vs OTT in 6.
WAS vs TOR in 5.

PIT vs TOR in 5.

---

CHI vs PIT in 7.

I have seen the future. Some of my predictions are bold, some are not. But this is what will happen. Remember I have predicted the outcome of this Habs season (the last two games, ok...) :

CHI vs MIN in 5.
ANA vs DET in 6.
VAN vs SJS in 6.
STL vs LAK in 5.

CHI vs LAK in 7.
VAN vs ANA in 4.

LAK vs ANA in 6.

---

PIT vs NYI in 5.
MTL vs OTT in 6.
WAS vs NYR in 5.
BOS vs TOR in 6.

PIT vs TOR in 5.
MTL vs WAS in 6.

PIT vs MTL in 6.

---

ANA vs PIT in 6.

EAST
Islanders vs. Penguins in 4
- Crosby will play the last couple, and I feel like I need to pick at least one sweep

Senators vs. Canadiens in 7
- I think Ottawa matches up well, but it's a pick-em

Rangers vs. Capitals in 5

Leafs vs. Bruins in 5
- giving the Leafs one win, just for Quick

WEST
Wild vs. Blackhawks in 5

Red Wings vs. Ducks in 6

Sharks vs. Canucks in 7
- would love to be proven wrong SJ!

Kings vs. Blues in 6
- going to be a bloodbath

CHI vs MIN in 6.
ANA vs DET in 7.
VAN vs SJS in 6.
STL vs LAK in 5.

---

PIT vs NYI in 4.
MTL vs OTT in 7.
WAS vs NYR in 6.
BOS vs TOR in 6.

Does this seriously work? Holy shit.

k I'll do it too.

CHI vs MIN in 7.
ANA vs DET in 6.
VAN vs SJS in 5.
STL vs LAK in 5.

---

PIT vs NYI in 4.
MTL vs OTT in 7.
WAS vs NYR in 7.
BOS vs TOR in 7.

West:

CHI vs MIN in 4
ANA vs DET in 5
VAN vs SJS in 6
STL vs LAK in 7

East:

PIT vs NYI in 6
MTL vs OTT in 7
WAS vs NYR in 7
BOS vs TOR in 6

What...now im confused :(

MY PICKS:

Pens in 7
NYR in 5
Sens in 6
Leafs in 7

Hawks in 5
Ducks in 5
Van in 6
Kings in 6

Prediction time:
CHI in 5
DET in 6
VAN in 7
STL in 5

NYI in 6
MTL in 4
NYR in 6
BOS in 4 just kidding, TOR in 6

EAT A FAT FUCKING DICK, ALL OF YOU

Good series Nucks-Age, Game 2 and 4 were fucking nailbiters. I <3 most of you.

SOCREGES I BET YOU'RE BITTER AS FUCK

Edit:

I WAS RIGHT

I look forward to the Hawks sending the Shark face across the stage!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
EAT A FAT FUCKING DICK, ALL OF YOU

Good series Nucks-Age, Game 2 and 4 were fucking nailbiters. I <3 most of you.

SOCREGES I BET YOU'RE BITTER AS FUCK

Edit:

I WAS RIGHT
To be fair, I was rooting for the Sharks the whole time. My West picks were mostly the results of coin flips. :D

CCF23

Congrats Sharks-Age. Not sure if you can make it past Chicago but you can definitely give them a run for their money.

Yup. The officiating was pretty horrible, but it was going to end like this anyway.

When you don't show up ready to play game one (by your own admission), you deserve to lose.

When you blow a lead in the final minute of the third period and can't get it together enough to fight back and win in overtime, you deserve to lose.

When your coach makes the idiotic decision to start a goalie that has barely practiced, let alone played in the last two weeks and he gets lit up Cloutier style, you deserve to lose.

When your best goal scorer misses a completely empty net, and you still come back to take the lead in game four only to blow it in the last few minutes, you deserve to lose.

With better officiating maybe this series gets dragged out an extra game or two, but the fact is the Canucks deserved to lose.

Smiley90

Wait, Daniel Sedin got the penalty at 13:18... when Pavelski scored? As in, he got the penalty AFTER his team got eliminated? the fuck?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Daniel Sedin got the penalty at 13:18... when Pavelski scored? As in, he got the penalty AFTER his team got eliminated? the fuck?

Yeah, I think he was chewing out the refs as they let him out of the box. At least that's what that implies to me.

Acid08

Banned
Trying to have some fun. Honestly not remotely bitter and I think that's what comes across through my posts.

Not sure I've ever seen such a terrible winner, though.

Fuck off. It's our first sweep in franchise history and I've put up with stanchions for the last two years. I'll be as much of an asshole as I want.

Ra\/en

I'm starting to wonder if a big team re-build is coming up in Van's future. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another few years of mediocrity though. Not that these playoff failures are much use.

Smiley90

Sportsnet Pacific: "Wingels threw himself at the boards and injured himself doing so"

I wouldn't put it THAT way lol, but it probably shouldn't have been a boarding call, especially after that VERY questionable call against Bieksa earlier already.

But oh well, we would've lost the series without questionable officiating too, like CCF said.

I'm starting to wonder if a big team re-build is coming up in Van's future. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another few years of mediocrity though. Not that these playoff failures are much use.

This team has the potential to be what Calgary was for the past 3 years.

Smiley90

This team has the potential to be what Calgary was for the past 3 years.

We're still up there... but yeah. At some point you'll have to pull the plug. Not as long as the Sedins are still so great and we have an intact core. We're still a lot better than Calgary.

CCF23

I wouldn't re build until you get at least one year of a new direction.

Team still has talent, just feels like most of them completely tuned AV out by the end. Get a new coach in here, make a few moves, and give it one more chance. If it's the same result, then you start the rebuild.

Coming from a Habs fan. :lol :lol :lol :lol
Coming from a guy who's fanbase in this thread has been completely shitting up this thread since day one of the yoffs? LOL
Pot. Kettle. Black.
That's a very evident retort. Everybody hates the Habs and their fans, it's always been like that. It's a prerequisite for being a hockey fan if you don't live in Montreal. They used to be the Yankees of hockey.

It's ok for you to hate us. However, I don't hate Ducks fans.

I hate Boston fans and Chicago fans. And some Ottawa fans nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom