• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very evident retort. Everybody hates the Habs and their fans, it's always been like that. It's a prerequisite for being a hockey fan if you don't live in Montreal. They used to be the Yankees of hockey.

It's ok for you to hate us. However, I don't hate Ducks fans.

I hate Boston fans and Chicago fans. And some Ottawa fans nowadays...

Care to explain why we're so shitty?

Ra\/en

We're still up there... but yeah. At some point you'll have to pull the plug. Not as long as the Sedins are still so great and we have an intact core. We're still a lot better than Calgary.

Yep. But is Henrik a good captain? Playoff captain? They get it done just fine in the regular season (maybe playing calgary, colorado, edmonton plays a huge part.. actually it DOES play a huge part), but not the playoffs.

And what's with AV? he seemed so fixated on the goalie thing, and threw luongo under the bus. Luongo had nothing to do with this playoff loss. He's just been a scapegoat for over a year. Louie didn't even seem mad about the loss in the handshakes.

Acid08

Banned
Okay, since Soc thinks I'm being a big meanie.

That was a fun series. Games 2 and 4 were really amazing nail biters. Could have gone either way in those. Kesler is a beast out there and Raymond was FLYING tonight. Sharks embellished some, easy to admit. No guarantee our PP would convert though. Glad they put it together.

Canucks-Age you guys are awesome. In this battle of chokers we both were expecting the worst. I really didn't expect anything out of this team this year. After last season I thought we were done. So this win feels really, really good. TWO YEARS OF STANCHIONS. TWO FUCKING YEARS now replaced by brooms. Will we get past the second round? I don't know, not thinking about it. Just enjoying this right now.

That was a fun series. Games 2 and 4 were really amazing nail biters. Could have gone either way in those. Kesler is a beast out there and Raymond was FLYING tonight. Sharks embellished some, easy to admit. No guarantee our PP would convert though. Glad they put it together.

Canucks-Age you guys are awesome. In this battle of chokers we both were expecting the worst. I really didn't expect anything out of this team this year. After last season I thought we were done. So this win feels really, really good. TWO YEARS OF STANCHIONS. TWO FUCKING YEARS now replaced by brooms. Will we get past the second round? I don't know, not thinking about it. Just enjoying this right now.

Better prepare yourself, Acid.

UberTag

You don't like me? I like you! C'mon, let's hug it out.

sd700_bryan_hug_011813.jpg

That's a very evident retort. Everybody hates the Habs and their fans, it's always been like that. It's a prerequisite for being a hockey fan if you don't live in Montreal. They used to be the Yankees of hockey.

That shit has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I don't usually have a problem with the Habs or their fans at all, except recently when Habs-age and Sens-age have been going at it like retarded dogs in this thread.

You don't like me? I like you! C'mon, let's hug it out.

sd700_bryan_hug_011813.jpg
I think the main reason I don't like Boston fans is that I hate the team in itself. There's not a single player I like in there... They all look like high school bullies. Except Bergeron, and I don't like him that much either.
Oh, so you're upset because we're mean to you.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg
I'm not upset, I just don't like aggressive people and bullies.
That shit has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I don't usually have a problem with the Habs or their fans at all, except recently when Habs-age and Sens-age have been going at it like retarded dogs in this thread.
Yeah, I guess we're not setting up a really good example.

CCF23

Every team does. I hate it when people act like it's exclusive to one team or a group of teams. Every fucking team in the league dives or embellishes to some extent.

Tabris

I really really hope something is done about the officiating.

I mean we lost overall because we couldn't score and that will need to be addressed through coaching and potential personal changes, so please don't take the below as an excuse but I want to have a real conversation about it without "salt".

But this 24 to 10 penalties (SJ / VAN) for the series, and soft calls like Bieksa and Sedin leading to 2 goals hurts my enjoyment of watching the game of hockey as a fan. Also this has been a pattern in these playoff series over the last couple of years.

I don't know if it's because of some of our players reputations (Kesler and Burrows) of diving or a potential home crowd situation or what? I don't get it. I don't see PIT being penalized for the reputation of Matt Cooke, or Ottawa for the reputation of Chris Neil. It must be because of the Burrows / Auger incident still?

Or are we just that unlucky? Or am I seeing something that's not there just because of homer blinders?

Ra\/en

Tabris, we lost for the reasons that CCF23 posted on the previous page. Reffing had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

please stop being so ridiculous. Is that possible?

Socreges

Banned
Fuck off. It's our first sweep in franchise history and I've put up with stanchions for the last two years. I'll be as much of an asshole as I want.
Dude. Not my fault you decided to blame a stanchion for your team losing in 5. I hope this 1st round victory makes up for the two years of bitterness that your team didn't make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yep. But is Henrik a good captain? Playoff captain? They get it done just fine in the regular season (maybe playing calgary, colorado, edmonton plays a huge part.. actually it DOES play a huge part), but not the playoffs.

And what's with AV? he seemed so fixated on the goalie thing, and threw luongo under the bus. Luongo had nothing to do with this playoff loss. He's just been a scapegoat for over a year. Louie didn't even seem mad about the loss in the handshakes.

AV has made a couple huge mistakes. Not playing ANY of the rookies, except Tanev. (Schroeder, anyone?). The huge thing about goalies is just one of them. His response to playing bad is always "juggle lines", or maybe pushups for PP woes. No ACTUAL changes, because he probably realized that players tuned him out and had "their thing" going. We need a new coach to shake things up and so players actually LISTEN to someone and change something. I believe with a new coach and if we change some things up, maybe get a couple player changes, we can still be competitive. Our roster still looks great on paper. We have 6 great D-men in Edler/Garrison/Hamhuis on the left and Bieksa/Corrado/Tanev on the right, and at least 2 great lines (with Booth back)

Holy shit AV looks like he's crying. Like a man who's just lost his job.

We're still up there... but yeah. At some point you'll have to pull the plug. Not as long as the Sedins are still so great and we have an intact core. We're still a lot better than Calgary.

This core isn't anywhere close to where they were during the '11 playoffs. The Sedins are good, not great. They're showing the first signs of slowing down. Beastmode Kesler doesn't show up as often anymore and his injuries are becoming more frequent. Raymond and Hanson are useless.
I guess first step is coach change, so probably one more year of this for now.
But i think it's best to trade the core for good pieces when they're still worth a lot.

UberTag

I think the main reason I don't like Boston fans is that I hate the team in itself. There's not a single player I like in there... They all look like high school bullies. Except Bergeron, and I don't like him that much either.

Yeah, I guess we're not setting up a really good example.
How does this guy look like a high school bully? He's harmless. He wouldn't hurt a fly.

141392581.jpg

CCF23

I mean we lost overall because we couldn't score and that will need to be addressed through coaching and potential personal changes, so please don't take the below as an excuse but I want to have a real conversation about it without "salt".

But this 24 to 10 penalties (SJ / VAN) for the series, and soft calls like Bieksa and Sedin leading to 2 goals hurts my enjoyment of watching the game of hockey as a fan. Also this has been a pattern in these playoff series over the last couple of years.

I don't know if it's because of some of our players reputations (Kesler and Burrows) of diving or a potential home crowd situation or what? I don't get it. I don't see PIT being penalized for the reputation of Matt Cooke, or Ottawa for the reputation of Chris Neil. It must be because of the Burrows / Auger incident still?

Or are we just that unlucky? Or am I seeing something that's not there just because of homer blinders?

To be honest, it's just the luck of the draw. The officiating is horrible. Sometimes it falls your way, sometimes it doesn't. It definitely didn't this series. It's not a conspiracy. It's just heat of the moment bad calls. Good teams fight through it.

Revenant

Why did Daniel Sedin have to go hulk-a-mania on Wingels? How could such a nice guy do that ? :( and then using naughty words at a ref? I don't think I can support these sedin twin fellas tabris, seem like a couple bad eggs.

Yeah it must be. Good call

Smiley90

This core isn't anywhere close to where they were during the '11 playoffs. The Sedins are good, not great. They're showing the first signs of slowing down. Beastmode Kesler doesn't show up as often anymore and his injuries are becoming more frequent. Raymond and Hanson are useless.
I guess first step is coach change, so probably one more year of this for now.
But i think it's best to trade the core for good pieces when they're still worth a lot.

Raymond and Hansen were awesome during the regular season. Raymond especially improved a lot. Hansen's a workhorse. EVERYONE in our forward-core disappeared entirely for the playoffs, it's not on them. It was on the big names to step it up and carry the team, and they didn't.

I really like our team, honestly. We need to start with a new coach. Get rid of Luongo&Ballard. Then we see what happens.

Tabris

To be honest, it's just the luck of the draw. The officiating is horrible. Sometimes it falls your way, sometimes it doesn't. It definitely didn't this series. It's not a conspiracy. It's just heat of the moment bad calls.

Yeah, but when has it swung in our favour in the playoffs in the last 3 years? That's what I want to ascertain. Bad luck or reputation hurting us?

Sorry. He does have a point, the Chicago fans on here are quite aggressive and do bully. I'm aggressive with my opinions also though.

Tabris

I really like our team, honestly. We need to start with a new coach. Get rid of Luongo&Ballard. Then we see what happens.

Yeah, you never know with a new coach. I'm excited to find out how much of this success has been AV and how much has it been the personal. I think you gotta start with a new coach.

I feel bad for the guy though, I think we'll find out how good he was in the end when he coaches another team (he will be picked up right away).

Smiley90

I say get a new coach. Get rid of Luongo&Ballard. See how the next regular season starts. That'll be an indicator to see if we're getting better or even worse. Too soon to blow it up, we still have a good team.

AV will be a great coach for whoever team gets him.

Marvie_3

Banned
Dude. Not my fault you decided to blame a stanchion for your team losing in 5. I hope this 1st round victory makes up for the two years of bitterness that your team didn't make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.
iyRMcvx71aU6P.gif

Why did Daniel Sedin have to go hulk-a-mania on Wingels? How could such a nice guy do that ? :( and then using naughty words at a ref? I don't think I can support these sedin twin fellas tabris, seem like a couple bad eggs.

:lol :lol

Acid08

Banned

:lol seriously? You're going to blame me for all the stanchion shit over the past two years? We lost Game 5 because of the stanchion. The series was lost because you were better, as I'm sure I've said before. Keep up the bitter shit though.

And yeah, it does make up for 2011. It's out first sweep EVER.

Whatever man. Your team played well in 3 of those 4 games. I'm going to be happy that we swept you. I'm happy that Bieksa and Burrows get another taste of disappointment.

Tabris

Oh yeah, Daniel Sedin is a real hard hitter. I mean he had a Scott Stevens like hit on Wingels there. Wingels must have a separated shoulder from that MASSIVE hit. Shannhan is going to have to have a frank conversation with him about pulling back his strength. It's just too much.

Stammer91

Neo Member

Habs fans are quite possibly the shittiest fanbase in the league. Bunch of pricks with a sense of entitlement because they won a bunch a Cups before the draft. You guys boo the National Anthem, that right there is the epitome of class. But no, it's because we're jealous of how utterly mediocre your franchise has been since 1993.

Quick

Banned
Are you using the motion tracking function in After Effects? I image with it, it could be pretty easy to keep the logo on her face

Unless you're talking about the overlapping

Yeah, I'm using motion tracking on After Effects. The overlapping isn't such a big deal since it's only a second, and I'm sure we can all deal with that. But I didn't save the project file.

And just that it's 1:53 AM right now. :lol

Cake Boss

Banned

ibtTgjt6MBmHHh.gif

CCF23

I say get a new coach. Get rid of Luongo&Ballard. See how the next regular season starts. That'll be an indicator to see if we're getting better or even worse. Too soon to blow it up, we still have a good team.

AV will be a great coach for whoever team gets him.

Exactly how I see it. Next season will decide the team's direction. A new voice and some fresh faces could be the shot in the arm this team needs, or it could be same old same old and then you start looking at the future.

We won't know until next playoffs (assuming we make it, which we should).

Smiley90

Exactly how I see it. Next season will decide the team's direction. A new voice and some fresh faces could be the shot in the arm this team needs, or it could be same old same old and then you start looking at the future.

Well, if we don't make it next year, that's an answer to the question too. :p

Revenant

Oh yeah, Daniel Sedin is a real hard hitter. I mean he had a Scott Stevens like hit on Wingels there. Wingels must have a separated shoulder from that MASSIVE hit. Shannhan is going to have to have a frank conversation with him about pulling back his strength. It's just too much.

I wonder If Bieksa will sit him down about integrity of the game before or after. I mean they probably don't know how to play the game like good canadian boys and now they have all this free time to learn!

Habs fans are quite possibly the shittiest fanbase in the league. Bunch of pricks with a sense of entitlement because they won a bunch a Cups before the draft. You guys boo the National Anthem, that right there is the epitome of class. But no, it's because we're jealous of how utterly mediocre your franchise has been since 1993.

dude, you're just dense and a bully. come on.

Tabris

Boston also did the same thing. They chanted flopper after one of their players broke Mason Raymond's back (on a much worse hit than the Sedin hit, which wasn't called)

Post sweep yoff games might be better than Afterhours

Yeah, motion tracking on After Effects. The overlapping also. I didn't save the project file.

And just that it's 1:53 AM right now. :lol

Oh I mean for the upcoming ones, not this one. Great work on the gif, it's genius. The overlapping might be too big of bitch for the little pay off it'll have

Marvie_3

Banned

Gonna be a lot tougher now that you don't have the shitty Northwest to kick around anymore. ;)

Boston also did the same thing. They chanted flopper after one of their players broke Mason Raymond's back (on a much worse hit than the Sedin hit, which wasn't called)
No it wasn't.

CCF23

:lol seriously? You're going to blame me for all the stanchion shit over the past two years? We lost Game 5 because of the stanchion. The series was lost because you were better, as I'm sure I've said before. Keep up the bitter shit though.

And yeah, it does make up for 2011. It's out first sweep EVER.

Whatever man. Your team played well in 3 of those 4 games. I'm going to be happy that we swept you. I'm happy that Bieksa and Burrows get another taste of disappointment.

Not really...You lost game 5 because you couldn't hold a lead in the last 20 seconds.

:p

Man, Therrien is a master at this bitching thing.
What, the faceoff thing? He was right, this is some bush league stuff. We're away, we're the first team to send guys on the ice, and we don't send the right center because the faceoff is on the wrong side of the net.

We lose the faceoff, and the puck ends up in the net 6-7 seconds after that. He wasn't really bitching about it, just saying he thought it was a wrong decision and wanted an explanation.

It's one of the ways our sport is really sad right now, the faceoff department is one of the worst parts of the game. It's a very important part, that decides the puck possession, and it's clumsily decided, with refs throwing people out of faceoffs randomly, and refs taking an incredible amount of time before they throw the puck down. It's been worse and worse in the last couple of years, with refs trying to steal the show or something.

bardia

Gonna be a lot tougher now that you don't have the shitty Northwest to kick around anymore. ;)

No it wasn't.

Agreed, next year will be the big test. They'll bring in a new coach year and shuffle around some of the supporting pieces in the offseason and if they can't get it done next season then they will blow up the core.

I've been to tens of games at the Bell Centre, and I've never been there when they booed an anthem. I know they did it a couple of years ago, maybe a couple times, but it's not something we do often.

But it's ok, hate on us all you will. It's not like Tampa is a real franchise anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom