• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

stolen from hfboards.
omg.

Socreges

Banned
To be fair to Ovechkin his place was at the point and he couldn't have made it to prevent the goal

But man... as someone else said, he didn't even flinch.

sammich

To be fair to Ovechkin his place was at the point and he couldn't have made it to prevent the goal

But man... as someone else said, he didn't even flinch.

I love Ovi, but he has at least TRY. Its so ridiculous that i still swear that gif is doctored. He doesnt friggin flinch.

Also considering he didnt do anything that game, and it was the winning goal i think, its doubly bad.

Socreges

Banned
Vigneault you dumbass, no wonder he let it so many shots through his five hole.
He was saying he was 100% and had been cleared to play. The injury had apparently healed completely, but Schneider may have rushed himself back. eg, Last week he was saying he was ready to go and then the next day he wasn't at practice.

Socreges

Banned
I've been watching replays of the GWG, and I think we're being a bit hard on Phaneuf. He made a poor decision that led to a goal (and wasn't very good in general last night) but O'Byrne played the 2v1 very poorly. With Kessel backchecking like a maniac and tying up the stick of the other Boston player, O'Byrne should have took the man. Instead he just stayed in the middle, expecting a pass. I think the puck went off him, too. Ugh.

With that being said, Dion has to be our best D every night, not #4 behind Gunnar, Gardiner and Franson in the most important game of the season.
Just saw it again. Kessel didn't have Lucic at all until the very last moment when it was irrelevant anyhow. O'Byrne played it well and took away the passing lane. Phaneuf gets 95% of the blame there - 5% to Reimer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How do you feel Gillis has handled the Luongo situation in it's entirety Socreges? We talked about it when you were banned, I'm curious what your thoughts are on it.

Acid08

Banned
Burish is out for the entire second round with an "upper body injury"

I'm not a huge fan of his but I'd rather have him in than some AHL scrub. As long as Havlat's out(seems like it'll be a while) with Burish then Desi starts on the third and Kennedy comes in on the fourth. Shit sucks.

Red_Man

Gillis said:
AV is a great coach, done a great job in a difficult situation. ...going to hit the reset button on a number of fronts. No one is immune
2 first round exits after choking in the final round isn't a great job, and having one of the best teams in the leagues for this long with 2 #1 goalies isn't a difficult situation. Gillis should get the boot along with AV.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I have to work tonight, so I'll be watching an illegal stream with no sound at my job. I dont think I can handle the stress.

We need to win tonight, otherwise Saturday's game is an elimination game and I can't go to it.

Socreges

Banned
How do you feel Gillis has handled the Luongo situation in it's entirety Socreges? We talked about it when you were banned, I'm curious what your thoughts are on it.
2 first round exits after choking in the final round isn't a great job, and having one of the best teams in the leagues for this long with 2 #1 goalies isn't a difficult situation. Gillis should get the boot along with AV.
Big reply in a more appropriate location.

Alucard

Banned
ALL IN ON VOKOUN TONIGHT, FOLKS. PENS VICTORY INCOMING.

Pensblog:
In the salary-cap era, it seems really strange to have your team's backup goaltender making $2 million a year, especially when your number-one goalie is making $5 million. The summer following Fleury's collapse in the Flyers series, the memory was still fresh on Ray Shero's mind, and he made a move. He traded for Tomas Vokoun and quickly turned around and signed him to a two-year contract at $2 million per. It seemed like a hefty sum, and it still is. It just shows how important a solid backup goalie was to Shero.

And it all boils down to tonight. If your mantra is "In Shero We Trust," there's no point in turning back now.

--------

Also, expect new line combos tonight:

From the morning skate line rushes it looks like there are a few changes. Neal has moved to left wing while Iginla has shifted to right wing. Also the fourth line had Adams, Vitale and Kennedy. IF Vitale plays that would add some speed that the Penguins have lacked against the Islanders. Lastly, Despres skated with Letang.

Here are the rushes:
Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy
Glass-Jokinen-Bennett
(Jeffrey)

Orpik-Martin
Murray-Niskanen
Despres-Letang
Eaton-Engelland
(Bortuzzo)

Razorskin

----- ------
ALL IN ON VOKOUN TONIGHT, FOLKS. PENS VICTORY INCOMING.

Pensblog:
In the salary-cap era, it seems really strange to have your team's backup goaltender making $2 million a year, especially when your number-one goalie is making $5 million. The summer following Fleury's collapse in the Flyers series, the memory was still fresh on Ray Shero's mind, and he made a move. He traded for Tomas Vokoun and quickly turned around and signed him to a two-year contract at $2 million per. It seemed like a hefty sum, and it still is. It just shows how important a solid backup goalie was to Shero.

And it all boils down to tonight. If your mantra is "In Shero We Trust," there's no point in turning back now.

Really hope they lose the series and Shero is promptly canned.

Acid08

Banned
397803_10151488604972669_756860284_n.jpg

Thought this was pretty cool. The Sharks FB page has been posting a lot more of these types of graphics lately. They seem more active in general as far as interacting with the community.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryane Clowe had shifts on lines with almost every single Rangers forward last night. The only one he never appeared with on a shift was Mats Zuccarello. Dat versatility.

Martin Erat will be out of Game 5 for the Caps.

Stasis

I wish Staal would come back. I think he did alright, and we can't keep running Mac Truck and G man 30 minutes a night...

edit: But very happy Clowe is back. Difference is noticeable and we needed his toughness. Dorsett adjusting too, slowly but surely.

Acid08

Banned
Ryane Clowe had shifts on lines with almost every single Rangers forward last night. The only one he never appeared with on a shift was Mats Zuccarello. Dat versatility.

Martin Erat will be out of Game 5 for the Caps.
Yeah Clowe can slot in wherever. Dat top 6 skill with world class toughness. Too bad he's so Slowe :(

Red_Man

Leafs looking good for next year. They've been handily outplaying Boston for all you fenwick nerds or whatever.

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/5/9/the-accidental-juggernaut-why-the-leafs-deserved-a-win-in-game-4

Also, looking at it again, that was totally a bitchface to Cuthbert, and Reimer's wife just tweeted an excuse to save face.
Using fenwick to explain game 4 and using that as a basis for next year? LOL. You realize Leafs are the worst posession team currently in the playoffs, and also in the entire league right? But yea, one night will change that!

Red_Man

Wow, you really have poor reading comprehension.

Notice, how their fenwick/scoring chances skyrocketed when they rolled just their top three lines (with no facepunchers) and top two pairings (including Gardiner-Franson, who were +11 and 12 in fenwick respectfully)
Girl #30 needs to go home, #36 kind of looks like Price's sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom