• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

Lol they wont compete for the cup for minimum 2-3 years if everything goes well
Sit tight bud

I don't know what would make me laugh the most. Toronto going another ten years without making the playoffs, or Toronto pulling a 2011 Canucks (riots included).

I guess 2011 Canucks followed by 10+ years of playoff absences.

Lashoff has taken Quincey's place of the defenseman I want to throw off a bridge. Also I guess Cleary was hurt which led to that horrible 5 minute PP? Wonder if that means he will be out for tomorrow... *secretly crosses fingers.

pringles

Lashoff has taken Quincey's place of the defenseman I want to throw off a bridge. Also I guess Cleary was hurt which led to that horrible 5 minute PP? Wonder if that means he will be out for tomorrow... *secretly crosses fingers.
He played in the 3rd so I'm sure he'll play game 6.

Samyy

I don't know what would make me laugh the most. Toronto going another ten years without making the playoffs, or Toronto pulling a 2011 Canucks (riots included).

I guess 2011 Canucks followed by 10+ years of playoff absences.

The new division wont help, goddammit Detroit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Carlyle confirmed Liles will be in for Fraser.

So I'd assume the only for sure D pairing is probably Liles/O'Byrne since for some reason Liles is the only person who seems to be able to protect O'Byrne and have him looking like an adequate D-man.

Makes me wonder if Carlyle will say YOLO and put Gardiner with Phaneuf and hope for the best? Gardiner has been lights out offensively and is deserving of more minutes because of it so why not pair him with the captain?

Samyy

So I'd assume the only for sure D pairing is probably Liles/O'Byrne since for some reason Liles is the only person who seems to be able to protect O'Byrne and have him looking like an adequate D-man.

Makes me wonder if Carlyle will say YOLO and put Gardiner with Phaneuf and hope for the best? Gardiner has been lights out offensively and is deserving of more minutes because of it so why not pair him with the captain?

I don't see why not, that pairing could work because its honestly painful to watch Phaneuf carry the puck. However, Gardiner playing against top line worries me. I suppose at this point its all about getting them experience though.

Solo

I could see you sounding like Pierre when Eller hits the ice for game 7 ;)

BJ1FwQSCEAE5Tog.jpg:large

HE'S COMING
HE'S COMING
HE'S COMING

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They are dressing Robert Mayer, but they should be dressing Tokarski.

I don't know what this organization sees in Mayer. Hopefully Mayer is gone and Tokarski takes over fulltime in Hamilton next season, and doesn't get frustrated being third on the depth chart.

Oh yeah, what's the status on Fraser? Did his helmet take the brunt of the damage?

BJ1FwQSCEAE5Tog.jpg:large

HE'S COMING
HE'S COMING
HE'S COMING

He was right, look at that beautiful ease.

Razorskin

----- ------

You only make the playoffs once.

Canadiens have outscored Senators 8-4 in first 2 periods in series. Senators have outscored Canadiens 10-0 in 3rd /OT"

Story of the series so far, besides the two goalies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot to mention earlier, but Henrik Lundqvist also got the day off again today. Cam Talbot and Martin Biron served as the goalies for practice.

Chris Kreider and Kris Newbury both skated with the main team today. Not really sure who they would slot in for. Asham seems like the only person they might choose to slot out for one of them.

Parch

The coasting Ovi backcheck zombie is classic.

Inexperience is beating the Leafs. Bruins sucker them into making mistakes.

Sens beating the crap out of Habs. It's a shame injuries will be the deciding factor.

Kings/Blues are hitting like crazy madmen. Super close series.

Wings/Ducks is much more finesse. Also super close series but very different gameplay.

Solo

just wait in the locker room Gally I don't need you in the 3rd.

:lol

2012: Louis Leblanc plays great, scores a goal, Jacques Martin benches him.
2013: Alex Galchenyuk plays great, scores a goal, Michel Therrien benches him.

Having some flashbacks to 'Nam here.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

2012: Louis Leblanc plays great, scores a goal, Jacques Martin benches him.
2013: Alex Galchenyuk plays great, scores a goal, Michel Therrien benches him.

Having some flashbacks to 'Nam here.

The real kicker is that most of our vets are playing like shit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Michael! Keep playing terribly and I'm going to have to double shift you!

Galchenyuk you sack of shit, I gave you 7 minutes tonight because you're a rookie and you obviously can't handle these situations and then you go out play great and score a goal? You trying to show me up you turd burger? Get your ass on the bench!

Cactus

Banned
I've been watching replays of the GWG, and I think we're being a bit hard on Phaneuf. He made a poor decision that led to a goal (and wasn't very good in general last night) but O'Byrne played the 2v1 very poorly. With Kessel backchecking like a maniac and tying up the stick of the other Boston player, O'Byrne should have took the man. Instead he just stayed in the middle, expecting a pass. I think the puck went off him, too. Ugh.

With that being said, Dion has to be our best D every night, not #4 behind Gunnar, Gardiner and Franson in the most important game of the season.

Claude Julien didn't play Seguin much in his rookie year as I recall. Must be a Quebecois coach thing to bench rookies.

I remember when Therrien benched Crosby in the third period of a game when he had six points through two periods.

The reasoning; respect for the game and your opponent...MAN FUCK THAT

UberTag

I'm proud of the Leafs. Work is going to fucking suck today, I'm still a dejected, but I'm proud of what they've done so far this year.

Win game 5 and all is forgiven. I could live with losing in 6 at home with dignity to an elite team like Boston.
You have a chance for Game 5. I will not be wearing my jersey during it (just like I didn't wear it for Game 2).

Need to recharge the mystical jersey powers after last night's close call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom