• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Best of 7 dude, not best of 9.

HZMrzJn.gif

Solo

Good series, Senators-GAF. It was nothing if not entertaining. You guys have a hell of a team and are extremely well coached. I could see you guys pulling a Habs-in-2010 type of run. Best of luck!

ShaneB

Great to see that embrace between Anderson and Budaj. Nothing went right for the Habs here in this series, but well played by the Sens. Let's go Sens in round 2!!!... most likely against the Pens :(. That will be fun to watch.

GG habs fans.

Like I said, Subban was the best skater on the ice. You guys have a good future. Being at game 4 was fucking amazing.

I love this team <3

Solo

I think the Habs could be poised to be the Sens of next year's playoffs if they get a few things sorted out. Great experience for the kids.

Mostly need team toughness and better leadership next season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good series, Senators-GAF. It was nothing if not entertaining. You guys have a hell of a team and are extremely well coached. I could see you guys pulling a Habs-in-2010 type of run. Best of luck!
The puck luck won't last against a team with as much offence as the Pens. Look how much the Habs dominated with their entire top 6 either injured or missing in action. Like Halak, Anderson will only be able to keep them in it for so long.

Time to root on the Islanders, make Shero look like an idiot pleases.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
The puck luck won't last against a team with as much offence as the Pens. Look how much the Habs dominated with their entire top 6 either injured or missing in action. Like Halak, Anderson will only be able to keep them in it for so long.

So... Sens in 7?

Solo

So Im guessing round 2 will be Pens/Sens and Bruins/Rags. Pretty good matchups.

I think the Cup final will be Boston vs one of Chicago or LA.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Haha TSN 690 trying to start drama saying Maclean and Therrien didn't shake hands.

Now after being corrected saying their handshake was weak at best.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Sens are scoring by committee. I think they'll be in tough, but Maclean is the best coach in the playoffs, and Anderson is the best goalie. Might be tough to shut down the Pens offence though.

Solo

Hate to say it, but......we really could have used Erik Cole in this series. He has the kind of grit we were missing.

UberTag

So Im guessing round 2 will be Pens/Sens and Bruins/Rags. Pretty good matchups.

I think the Cup final will be Boston vs one of Chicago or LA.
Bruins vs. Kings would be sweet. Battle of the last two Cup champs that could easily go either way.
If the Blackhawks get to the finals, I think they take it in a cakewalk unless they're facing the Pens.

Solo

For the record, I absolutely hope we see Sens/Habs round 2 in the very near future. That series had the makings of a great rivalry, but it won't happen unless we meet again soon.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
For the record, I absolutely hope we see Sens/Habs round 2 in the very near future. That series had the makings of a great rivalry, but it won't happen unless we meet again soon.

I agree, I don't hate the Habs like I do the Leafs or the Pens.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hate to say it, but......we really could have used Erik Cole in this series. He has the kind of grit we were missing.
Really? Dude is lazy as fuck, and played terrible in Dallas, he wouldn't have changed anything in this series, plus we shed his salary for Subban and have a 3rd round pick in a great draft.

We still need a lot of change on this team. Bergevin hasn't done shit when you think about it, apart from Prust....Exactly. Bergevin has made a lot of mistakes. DD's contract. Armstrong. Ryder... Not getting depth at the deadline.
He took a 15th place team and implimented the changes needed to get them to a division title, I wouldn't call that nothing. DD's contract won't be a mistake if he can get back to his play, which I find it hard to believe he is just suddenly useless after dominating every league he's played in. Ryder is still a great move, and deadline signings wouldn't have changed anything. Anderson was the difference in this series. I'm glad we didn't give up picks / prospects for some shitty rental. Bergevin's biggest mistake so far is the Moen signing, by FAR. Hopefully he can toss him in the OS.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. Bergevin has made a lot of mistakes. DD's contract. Armstrong. Ryder... Not getting depth at the deadline.

Armstrong was cheap and filled his role, hopefully he isn't back though. Cole was terrible this season and we'd be stuck with his 4.5 cap hit for the next two seasons if he wasn't traded. I'm glad he didn't give up more at the deadline considering this wasn't going to be the Habs year regardless.

Solo

Really? Dude is lazy as fuck, and played terrible in Dallas, he wouldn't have changed anything in this series, plus we shed his salary for Subban and have a 3rd round pick in a great draft.

He has the nastiness to his game that this series required. The only other players we have that play like that are Subban, Prust (injured) and Eller (injured).

He had a terrible season and has a terrible contract Im glad to be rid of. But as a character guy and a Cup winner, he would have helped the Habs in this series, I absolutely believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom