• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
All I'm going to say about the Pens wonderful - performance tonight is thank god for Vokoun.

Always great to have a solid net minder your players can rely on.

See you in Round 2 Ottawa.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
He took a 15th place team and implimented the changes needed to get them to a division title, I wouldn't call that nothing. DD's contract won't be a mistake if he can get back to his play, which I find it hard to believe he is just suddenly useless after dominating every league he's played in. Ryder is still a great move, and deadline signings wouldn't have changed anything. Anderson was the difference in this series. I'm glad we didn't give up picks / prospects for some shitty rental. Bergevin's biggest mistake so far is the Moen signing, by FAR. Hopefully he can toss him in the OS.

That's giving him too much credit. Habs had a bad year last year, but that team was not a 15th place team. Even if Bergy had stayed pat with the team from last year they were going to jump way up in the rankings.

That's giving him too much credit. Habs had a bad year last year, but that team was not a 15th place team. Even if Bergy had stayed pat with the team from last year they were going to jump way up in the rankings.
Exactly. What changes? Seriously? He did pretty much nothing except bring Prust and a new coach and get rid of Gomez. Anyone would have done that.

I'm a french speaking montrealer and I'm not impressed by his sweet talking.

Smash88

Banned
crosbyisles.gif

Beautiful :')

Cat Party

I hate when fans of rival teams act all buddy buddy after the series ends. I haven't forgiven a single one of the MANY fanbases that have eliminated the Sharks in the last decade.

Solo

Exactly. What changes? Seriously? He did pretty much nothing except bring Prust and a new coach and get rid of Gomez. Anyone would have done that.

I'm a french speaking montrealer and I'm not impressed by his sweet talking.

The 3 biggest difference this season were.

1. HEALTH. We had it for the first time in a long time.
2. Young guys stepping up.
3. Therrien/new system.

UberTag

Seems likely that the Wild join the Canucks & Habs in the Hall of Shame tonight.
Chicago's record at home this season = 20-3-3
Of those 6 defeats, the Blackhawks only lost twice where they scored first: once in regulation to the defending Stanley Cup champs and once to the Coyotes in a shootout.

Solo

I hate when fans of rival teams act all buddy buddy after the series ends. I haven't forgiven a single one of the MANY fanbases that have eliminated the Sharks in the last decade.

I only have an eternally burning hate in my heart for the Bruins. Any other team, I can get over it.

Not the Bruins though. Never the Bruins.

Not enough eyerolls in the world if either the fucking BROOINS or the Queens take another cup.

Cannot picture a worse victor out of either of them.

Throw them in the trash.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bringing Therrien back was a great move that most people doubted when it happened, his handling of Subban seemed to have humbled him and brought the best out of him, he brought in Prust and Boullion (great for the majority of the season), didn't go make stupid panic trades and give away picks or prospects, fleeced for Ryder and got rid of a huge dead weight contract, bought out Gomez and will soon buy out Kaberle, DD is still a very tradeable contract. I think the only legitimately bad move he's made is the Moen signing.

Also, Red.

Enjoy the offseason.
Still trying to prove to everyone you're not of legal age to drink? It's cool, we've known that for a while.

Hunter S.

Avs have sucked a long time and the Red Wings still make my blood boil. Mad they are going East.

UberTag

I only have an eternally burning hate in my heart for the Bruins. Any other team, I can get over it.

Not the Bruins though. Never the Bruins.
Clearly a Habs fan that has his priorities straight.
Fans should never root for their traditional rivals. EVER.

I once made the mistake of cheering for Montreal at a home playoff game against the Penguins because they had Andy Moog starting for them in net.
Andy let in about a half-dozen easy goals in that game and got pulled for being an embarassment.

Acid08

Banned
Meh. The only team I really hate is the Canucks. Can't even bring myself to hate the Ducks much besides Corey Perry. What a piece of shit.

And the Stars and Queens actually. Fuck 'em.

I've always loved the Habs in our off years and Habs-age are knowledgeable and passionate fans.

I'll be bitter as fuck during the series but when it's over why bother?

Until we play the Penguins.

Fuck the fucking Penguins

Alucard

Banned
Pens win? Nice to see, but still lots of work to do.

Crosby's goal was spectacular. Put that one on the career retrospective DVD.

Sanjuro

Clearly a Habs fan that has his priorities straight.
Fans should never root for their traditional rivals. EVER.

I once made the mistake of cheering for Montreal at a home playoff game against the Penguins because they had Andy Moog starting for them in net.
Andy let in about a half-dozen easy goals in that game and got pulled for being an embarassment.

Never cheer for the Habs, I just rather not see them lose like this in the second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom