• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
It isn't THAT bad...

and I'm in for three as well once number two comes out on 9/15/2054.
It takes awhile to make you not sound like a complete fucking idiot. Basically involves me editing out almost everything you say.

Yeah, we're gonna have to record three and then get it out at least around game 1 of most series, otherwise a "playoff preview" podcast isn't worth shit.

We still recording sometime tomorrow?

Tonight after the BOS/OTT game probably.

Montresor

If Boston wins against Ottawa... it's Toronto vs. Boston in the first round.

If Boston loses (whether it's in regulation, or in OT, or in SO) then it's Toronto vs. Montreal in the first round.

All Ottawa needs is one point to guarantee 7th spot and avoid facing the Penguins in the first round.

Solo

If Boston wins against Ottawa... it's Toronto vs. Boston in the first round.

If Boston loses (whether it's in regulation, or in OT, or in SO) then it's Toronto vs. Montreal in the first round.

Uh, no. If Boston wins they get the Islanders and its Habs/Leafs. If Boston loses or loses in OT, they get the Leafs and its Habs/Sens.

Solo

Final rookie scoring:

T1: Yakupov, Huberdeau with 31 points
T2: Gallagher, Conacher with 28 points
T3: Saad, Galchenyuk, Schultz with 27 points

Huge dropoff then down to 4th, were Zibanejad sits with 20 points.

Great showing by the Habs' rooks! Gallagher finishes second and the youngest player in the NHL, Galchenyuk, finishes third. Hnnnnngggg.

Solo

BI57EKXCQAEnvyQ.jpg

GTFO Grabo!

Skab

Not happy about having to face LA in the first round. But hey, maybe they'll surprise me.

But probably not.

Solo

That whole sequence was amazing, dat goal.

Eller - 4th on the team in points, 13th in PP TOI.

Eller HAS to be 2C next season and get PP time. He has to. More points then our alleged 1C. Hell, our 19 year old rookie C who has been playing 12 minutes a game with no PP time and not at his natural position? Only one point less than said alleged 1C.

Fuck you, DD.

Kid Line <3

Parch

Final rookie scoring:

T1: Yakupov, Huberdeau with 31 points
T2: Gallagher, Conacher with 28 points
T3: Saad, Galchenyuk, Schultz with 27 points

Huge dropoff then down to 4th, were Zibanejad sits with 20 points.

Great showing by the Habs' rooks! Gallagher finishes second and the youngest player in the NHL, Galchenyuk, finishes third. Hnnnnngggg.
Yakupov had a big finish just to get Calder consideration. If he wasn't so inconsistent and had a coach that actually knew what to do with him, the Calder would have been a lock.

So who's going to win the Calder?
I'd bet on Huberdeau.

Yakupov had a big finish just to get Calder consideration. If he wasn't so inconsistent and had a coach that actually knew what to do with him, the Calder would have been a lock.

So who's going to win the Calder?
I'd bet on Huberdeau.
It is between Huberdeau and Gallagher at this point. I think Hubey edges out, his impact on the team cannot be overstated. He is one who has had to work with the very least and has had no primary scorers ahead of him. Scouting the Panthers he and Flash are the main scoring threats. Not the case with the other rookie leaders. He's also had the most multi point nights and the only to have a 4 pt night.

Not to discount Gallagher but what Huberdeau has had to work with and what he did with it are more impressive.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
As shitty as the Bruins are, they cannot and will not lose tonight. 2-1 win in regulation.

Quick

Banned
Shortened season.

Shit, dude, you walked right into that one.

Same reason the Leafs made the playoffs.

Ain't even mad.

The Leafs got too comfortable just being in a playoff spot last season that they just collapsed completely. It was too late to turn things around by the time Carlyle was hired.

I'm hoping they learned this time, and prove that they can remain competitive playing 82 games.

Need an offseason thread for Horrorcane fans.

Entropia bailed out on you guys for the Kings bandwagon again.

I do actually think the Leafs would have made it (same with Montreal) over an 82 game season.

However, I don't think this roster is better than 9-12th for 2013/14. We badly need to replace Bozak and Grabovski, though how and with whom is a mystery.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I do actually think the Leafs would have made it (same with Montreal) over an 82 game season.

However, I don't think this roster is better than 9-12th for 2013/14. We badly need to replace Bozak and Grabovski, though how and with whom is a mystery.

You guys needed Bozak on the faceoffs last night, is he injured?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I missed Desi's AH farewell post last night, what a hero. AH will be dearly missed, but not forgotten.

Same reason the Leafs made the playoffs.
iLggWkj7UaeNJ.gif

I know it's pretty unlikely, but I'd love to see Bergevin try and fleece Mactavish for Yakupov. He wants to make a splash and we have a ton of D prospects, and reuniting Yakupov with Gally would be amazing.

pringles

Wings end up 5th in Goals Against.

Not bad for a terrible Lidstrom-less defense and an average, about-to-be-overpaid goalie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings end up 5th in Goals Against.

Not bad for a terrible Lidstrom-less defense and an average, about-to-be-overpaid goalie.
Defense and goaltending weren't the Wings troubles the last half the year. Like I said before, once they got everyone back and were able to work out who was going to play with who, they stabilized. The issue was lack of goals. Now they sort of seemed to have that fixed, but who knows. What worries me is if when they try to get Bertuzzi and Samuelsson back in the lineup. Who do you take out? Of the two, I'd want Bert in for sure as he provides the big body in front and seems to work well with Pavel. You know Nyquist is gonna sit if Bert plays in game 1, which is a travesty. It should be Cleary, but Babcock doesn't have the balls to sit him.

Abby/Pavel/Z
Mule/Flip/Bert
Nyquist/Andersson/Brunner
Eaves/Emmerton/Tootoo

Kronwall/Ericsson
Quincey/Smith
Kindl/DeKeyser

I'd roll that for game 1 and see what happens. If Nyquist eneds up getting abused by the Ducks rougher style, then put Cleary back in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Defense and goaltending weren't the Wings troubles the last half the year. Like I said before, once they got everyone back and were able to work out who was going to play with who, they stabilized. The issue was lack of goals. Now they sort of seemed to have that fixed, but who knows. What worries me is if when they try to get Bertuzzi and Samuelsson back in the lineup. Who do you take out? Of the two, I'd want Bert in for sure as he provides the big body in front and seems to work well with Pavel. You know Nyquist is gonna sit if Bert plays in game 1, which is a travesty. It should be Cleary, but Babcock doesn't have the balls to sit him.

Abby/Pavel/Z
Mule/Flip/Bert
Nyquist/Andersson/Brunner
Eaves/Emmerton/Tootoo

Kronwall/Ericsson
Quincey/Smith
Kindl/DeKeyser

I'd roll that for game 1 and see what happens. If Nyquist eneds up getting abused by the Ducks rougher style, then put Cleary back in.

If Babcock sits Nyquist for Bertuzzi or even tries to get Samuelsson in the game at all they deserve to be swept.

Cleary or Eaves are the ones that should be benched.

They've been dominant recently. I don't care if Bertuzzi is back. You don't change that lineup.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think Columbus missing the playoffs basically settles it for Tavares for the Hart, I'd say. If they made it, Bobrovsky would have been a strong contender. Now I think it'll be Tavares for the Hart and Bobrovsky for the Vezina...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
They shouldn't give out awards at all for this bullshit season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom