• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

If Babcock sits Nyquist for Bertuzzi or even tries to get Samuelsson in the game at all they deserve to be swept.

Cleary or Eaves are the ones that should be benched.

They've been dominant recently. I don't care if Bertuzzi is back. You don't change that lineup.
I wouldn't bench Eaves after his effort the last couple of games. He's one of our best PKers too. Swapping Cleary for Bert or Tatar seems like a no-brainer but not to Babcock I guess. Doubt Sammy gets any time unless we're getting destroyed and big changes are needed. He was cleared to play a couple of games ago but hasn't.

But no changes to the lineup for Game 1 is my hope. See if this group can keep rolling.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lehner starting for the Sens, they trying to avoid the Habs or just resting Anderson?

Maybe this should be posted in the April thread instead of the playoff one, but has the Brian Burke lawsuit been touched on yet? Funniest fucking hockey thing I've seen in a long time. 10 bucks says Manics is somehow involved in it.

Lehner starting for the Sens, they trying to avoid the Habs or just resting Anderson?

He hasn't played since April 11th, need to get him in a game in case we need him down the road. Anderson was injured half the season, don't think he needs rest.

And Lehner has almost the same SV% so it's not like it's a downgrade in goal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still always amazes me how fast they can switch over from basketball to hockey like that.

I used to work doing just that. It's like a well-oiled machinery.

Also, surfing on those massive wooden boards used to cover the ice is fun.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Still always amazes me how fast they can switch over from basketball to hockey like that.
They would generally never schedule games in such close proximity, but with the Marathon Monday cancellation, they had no choice; this is almost unprecedented. Should be interesting to see the result...

Solo

Whoever Habs end up playing, I'm certain we'll start on Tuesday. Gotta get dat Saturday night game on HNIC. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday does just that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever Habs end up playing, I'm certain we'll start on Tuesday. Gotta get dat Saturday night game on HNIC. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday does just that.

CBC is creaming in their pants right now. All Canadian match up either way. I bet Toronto gets the Saturday night games though.

Smiley90

CBC is creaming in their pants right now. All Canadian match up either way. I bet Toronto gets the Saturday night games though.

Don't they only get 2 series? One of them will most definitely be the Canucks (as the West Coast team), and the other will be either Habs-Leafs or Bruins-Leafs, I'd say.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Don't they only get 2 series? One of them will most definitely be the Canucks (as the West Coast team), and the other will be either Habs-Leafs or Bruins-Leafs, I'd say.

I dunno, do you skip the huge ratings from a Habs/Sens series just to make sure you have something for the smaller west coast audience to watch?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Thought they usually got all the Canadian teams...?

Well, not like they really care about the Sens unless they make it to the Cup final again.

Smiley90

I dunno, do you skip the huge ratings from a Habs/Sens series just to make sure you have something for the smaller west coast audience to watch?

Smaller? The West Coast audience is pretty big, and it can easily be set 3h apart from an East Coast series. Leafs fans will watch a Habs game anyway and vice-versa. And Sens-fans will watch their games, too.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Smaller? The West Coast audience is pretty big, and it can easily be set 3h apart from an East Coast series. Leafs fans will watch a Habs game anyway and vice-versa. And Sens-fans will watch their games, too.

Half the country will be asleep by the time the west coast game reaches the third period.

Doesn't matter, TSN's broadcasting team is better. Too bad their montages are created by high schoolers taking their first video editing course.

Maybe the CBC won't pick the Leafs if they play against the Bruins...

You kidding? Done Cherry's two favourite teams.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe the CBC won't pick the Leafs if they play against the Bruins...
Dunno if this is sarcasm or not, but the CBC would pick the leafs first even if they were playing Phoenix and the team was made up of amputees.

Smiley90

Half the country will be asleep by the time the west coast game reaches the third period.

Doesn't matter, TSN's broadcasting team is better. Too bad their montages are created by high schoolers taking their first video editing course.

You kidding? Done Cherry's two favourite teams.

They're not going to pick 2 teams so close together and with such a massive overlap in viewership. It's just not happening. One of them basically has to be Vancouver, the other will be whoever has the most interesting matchup, which will be Boston. They're not gaining many viewers by e.g. picking the Habs in addition to the Leafs, whereas they'll get a lot more extra viewers by picking Vancouver in addition to an East Coast team.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They're not going to pick 2 teams so close together and with such a massive overlap in viewership. It's just not happening. One of them basically has to be Vancouver, the other will be whoever has the most interesting matchup, which will be Boston. They're not gaining many viewers by e.g. picking the Habs in addition to the Leafs, whereas they'll get a lot more extra viewers by picking Vancouver in addition to an East Coast team.

You got it backwards, one of them has to be Toronto. Toronto could be playing agaisnt a local peewee team and CBC would choose them.

Best Freudian slip. From now on, I will refer to him only as Done Cherry.

:lol

Smiley90

You got it backwards, one of them has to be Toronto. Toronto could be playing agaisnt a local peewee team and CBC would choose them.

:lol

Then we both agree that the series will be Vancouver-Sharks and either Leafs-Bruins or Leafs-Habs, what are we arguing about. :D

I want the Ducks to win.

hamonicface.gif

I wouldn't bench Eaves after his effort the last couple of games. He's one of our best PKers too. Swapping Cleary for Bert or Tatar seems like a no-brainer but not to Babcock I guess. Doubt Sammy gets any time unless we're getting destroyed and big changes are needed. He was cleared to play a couple of games ago but hasn't.

But no changes to the lineup for Game 1 is my hope. See if this group can keep rolling.

I have to say, the D has been solid this year after early season problems, even Quincey has picked it up and has had success. Though Cleary needs to be benched, he really has not contributed anything in this recent streak, a bigger body like Bert or even Tatar for some more energy and skill would do wonders instead of Cleary.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers have recalled Michael Haley, Dylan McIlrath, JT Miller, Christian Thomas, Brandon Segal, Brandon Mashinter, Ryan Bourque, Stu Bickel, Cam Talbot and Jason Missiaen from the Connecticut Whale to form the taxi squad. Of the group, Michael Haley is traveling with the team to Washington.

Seems pretty clear that Boyle, Clowe, and Dorsett are all expected to still be out for Game 1 at this point.

Socreges

Banned
Haha I wonder what soc is like? Maybe he was too soft.
You and Heretic just assumed she dumped me, eh? Give me some credit

Sucks if the dude is a douchebag. Get in there, Smiley. Maybe try gifting her some Steam games or inviting her into your walk-in closet.

MacAttack

http://i.imgur.com/PplEhel.png[/]
That was supposed to be an animated gif of the floor changeover at the Garden... Here's the link to it anyway:

[url]http://nesn.com/2013/04/td-garden-transforms-from-basketball-arena-to-hockey-rink-in-time-for-bruins-senators-animation/[/url]

Marvie_3

Banned
You and Heretic just assumed she dumped me, eh? Give me some credit

Sucks if the dude is a douchebag. Get in there, Smiley. Maybe try gifting her some Steam games or inviting her into your walk-in closet.

If he is, he's still an improvement over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom