• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago has come a long way from almost not existing anymore, kudos

Hawks - Sharks
Ducks - Kings

Would be awesome, except for the travel for the Hawks-Sharks

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
It's too bad the Blue Jackets didn't make the playoffs.
The Hawks still would've won, but it probably would've been a more interesting series.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Chicago has come a long way from almost not existing anymore, kudos

Hawks - Sharks
Ducks - Kings

Would be awesome, except for the travel for the Hawks-Sharks

I will be following this in eager anticipation of Dastardly's ban. It'll be an amazingly salty series. Too bad there's no real Kings fans on here to fight him.

Acid08

Banned
I will be following this in eager anticipation of Dastardly's ban. It'll be an amazingly salty series. Too bad there's no real Kings fans on here to fight him.
Clydefrog will pop in to say "fuck" every once in a while.

Really though, I hate out chances against the Hawks especially with Demers, Havlat, and Burish out.

Marvie_3

Banned
ib2cEoeJfV9wSz.gif

Fuck yes. Series win and my last final in college all on the same day.

Wild's lack of depth is what killed them in this series. The first lines for both teams did a good job taking each other out but Chicago's depth players completely outplayed Minnesota's. The Wild will be really good in the next few seasons as their prospects mature and it's going to be fun having them as a divisional rival.

Hah, just wait until the Jets get in the playoffs. If there's two or more other Canadian cities in we'll be lucky to get a described audio cast on CBC Radio Two.

Our games will be broadcast on twitter only. Bob Cole will tweet the game during intermission of his other game and still get our players' names wrong.

RC

Banned
Wish I was here for the Montreal saltiness. But I did meet the actor who played Chef Tyrol from Battlestar Galactica at a pub. Really nice guy, probably because he was kind of drunk.

Smiley90

Friday -

Toronto - Boston
NYR - Caps
Ducks - Wings
Kings - Blues

Saturday -

Pens - Isles

It'd be pretty entertaining if Rangers, Bruins, Ducks and Kings all won tomorrow, but the Isles then won on Saturday. Everyone gets rest! Except Pens/Isles.

Acid08

Banned
Second round is going to be good.

Looking forward to Kings-Ducks more than our series :lol

Anyone feel like any upsets are coming? Personally I don't see the Isles, Wings, Leafs, or Blues coming back.

Alucard

Banned
Marvie, congrats on graduating. Huge day in anyone's life. Now prepare for the disappointment of the job market!

Hope Vokoun can keep this up for the Pens, or that if he starts to wilt that MAF comes back stronger. It's how it worked in the regular season...one would pick up the slack for the other when they were faltering.

Second round is going to be good.

Looking forward to Kings-Ducks more than our series :lol

Anyone feel like any upsets are coming? Personally I don't see the Isles, Wings, Leafs, or Blues coming back.

Every game in the Blues Kings series has been a 1 goal differential with several OTs. It's absolutely possible and we certainly outplayed LA for the majority of Game 5. I'd say Game 4 was our only "bad" game and honestly we've mostly outplayed LA this entire series. We lack that critical forward/center to keep the offensive pressure going long enough to produce on Quick. It's very telling when the 4th line looks like the most consistent a lot of games.

LA definitely has the momentum right now and we are not our best in Staples Center. I don't expect a win, and if we do pull it off tomorrow, I don't expect us to last against an LA team on the ropes of the playoffs.

Smiley90

Haha congratz marvie. What'd you graduate with? Bad time to be graduating, probably, sadly. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom