• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people usually not intern until after college? I've had three with outside papers and I'm only in my second year of college for Journalism..

Also, PAJAMAS.

Do people usually not intern until after college? I've had three with outside papers and I'm only in my second year of college for Journalism..

Depends on the degree. I've seen a lot of places (CS) that would prefer to intern you after college as a long interview process for an FTE position.

Not all that different from Contract To Hire really, which continues long after the degree.

Depends on the degree. I've seen a lot of places (CS) that would prefer to intern you after college as a long interview process for an FTE position.

Not all that different from Contract To Hire really, which continues long after the degree.

Weird. I've had one each year of college thus far and one in high school already.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Also, PAJAMAS.

-snicker-

On a more serious note: 95% of people won't do anything useful while in college, only to realize they should've done something IN college to get a job AFTER college.

Disclaimer: Talking about Science here, not sure how it is in Arts.

-snicker-

On a more serious note: 95% of people won't do anything useful while in college, only to realize they should've done something IN college to get a job AFTER college.

Disclaimer: Talking about Science here, not sure how it is in Arts.

in Arts, everyone expects you to work for free

Smiley90

in Arts, everyone expects you to work for free

In Science, everyone expects you to pay for working, aka start your PhD. Then 5 years into your PhD you realize you've been doing it all wrong and have to start over.

There's a ton of drinking involved, too.

I didn't and I've been unemployed for more than a month. So bored.

I didn't graduate from shit. I went to do my Diploma then failed it and dropped it because I just plain didn't give a fuck.

So I put on my resumé that I got a diploma and nobody said a thing.

Then I got an ISP helpdesk job and worked my way up from there.

Now look at me - Now I DRIVE the bus!

RC

Banned
Thanks doods.

.......now you tell me.

I'm probably going to end up back in school at some point. Probably this fall. :lol

You and me should start a muscle for hire business.

Good idea. I'll bust heads and you can cripple them emotionally.

I didn't graduate from shit. I went to do my Diploma then failed it and dropped it because I just plain didn't give a fuck.

Oh dear christ an ISP. How are you still alive?

Marvie_3

Banned

Jeeeeebus. That sounds like it'd be an awful job
Good idea. I'll bust heads and you can cripple them emotionally.
Or you can distract them with your rants about the Canucks and I can hit them in the back of the head with a shovel.

Smiley90

Did you ever tell someone to turn their computer off and then on?

I'm pretty sure that's the Nr1 advice on their checklist.

Everyone should work customer service at SOME point, to learn that other people who work in customer service are also JUST people and treat them with some fucking respect.

RC

Banned
Jeeeeebus. That sounds like it'd be an awful job
Or you can distract them with your rants about the Canucks and I can hit them in the back of the head with a shovel.

I'm ranted out Marvie. 20 years of disappointment has taken the fight out of me.

Did you ever tell someone to turn their computer off and then on?

Computer, modem... You name it. And it always fucking worked.

I'm pretty sure that's the Nr1 advice on their checklist.

Everyone should work customer service at SOME point, to learn that other people who work in customer service are also JUST people and treat them with some fucking respect.

God, this, a million times THIS. I learned a new level of respect for anyone who serves me EVER since that job.

Mind you, I graduated from that gig to doing INTERNAL IT helpdesk at a government department. That was barely an improvement. The sense of entitlement with mature-aged public servants is astounding. But at least you don't cop abuse, and if you do, you report them to their manager.

Quick

Banned
iZN1tSVFU0JB1.gif
i81mJlWBw2D7R.gif

Half-assed it.

Smiley90

I apparently just got my SECOND tax return. And I'll get a third one if I send them some more files.

I don't exactly know what's happening but I'll take the money and run.

Marvie_3

Banned
I apparently just got my SECOND tax return. And I'll get a third one if I send them some more files.

I don't exactly know what's happening but I'll take the money and run.

It's going to be hilarious when they come looking for that money and beat the shit out of you when they realize you spent it all.

Smiley90

It's going to be hilarious when they come looking for that money and beat the shit out of you when they realize you spent it all.

This is Canada, they'll knock on the door and apologize profusely.
Before beating the crap out of me

Quick

Banned
I had my taxes done by someone else, and they screwed up. Had to pay back some money to the government. It wasn't a lot, but it sucked giving back some money anyway.

bahaha why does the wild logo do a tony hawk 360?

The motion tracked decided to do that. It's late, so rather than fixing it, I said "fuck it" and let it go. I'll maybe try harder next time. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
I had my taxes done by someone else, and they screwed up. Had to pay back some money to the government. It wasn't a lot, but it sucked giving back some money anyway.

The motion tracked decided to do that. It's late, so rather than fixing it, I said "fuck it" and let it go. I'll maybe try harder next time. :lol

You could also try to make them even more hilarious than the Wild one.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah I think it'll definitely be Hawks/Wings and likely Sharks/Kings

Afraid not. I've seen the Neverending Story if that makes you feel better.
Nothing can set this right.

i dont remember the goonies at all. was just replying to your "can honestly say"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom