• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

My company was bought out by Siemens and we'll be transitioning to SAP later this year going live in October. Fun times ahead. I'm a material coordinator for a company that develops and manufactures communication hardware for rugged environments and applications. As I've mentioned to Smiley a few times, I hate my job and feel pretty useless most of the time and feel like wasted potential, not to mention I think about moving from Toronto all the time since I can't really afford to live here and feel like I'm actually living.

edit: also, god damn at that skull pic. I still have no idea why these guys don't wear visors at the least, or just go full cage which I would love.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What are you, some sort of scientist? You don't know how strong his forehead is

I'm just hazarding a guess. I'll rephrase: Odds are he'd have suffered more damage not wearing a visor than he did wearing one.

I actually am, though

My company was bought out by Siemens and we'll be transitioning to SAP later this year going live in October. Fun times ahead. I'm a material coordinator for a company that develops and manufactures communication hardware for rugged environments and applications. As I've mentioned to Smiley a few times, I hate my job and feel pretty useless most of the time and feel like wasted potential, not to mention I think about moving from Toronto all the time since I can't really afford to live here and feel like I'm actually living.

edit: also, god damn at that skull pic. I still have no idea why these guys don't wear visors at the least, or just go full cage which I would love.

Move to Vanc-Oh, expensive, right. Nvm :(

nhldestruction_medium.gif

Lol Green. Didn't he shatter a Flyer's cup too? And the shards of the cup got lodged in the dude's sack.

ShaneB

Move to Vanc-Oh, expensive, right. Nvm :(

Yeah, Vancouver would be nice, but not exactly cheap :p If anything I'd move back east coast. Have friends in Saint John, so that would be it mainly. I think about moving back home to Labrador City, but I'd feel trapped there too since it's the middle of nowhere. I miss it sure, but when I'm home for christmas or whatnot, I'm ready to leave again after 10 days.

MacAttack

Yeah, Vancouver would be nice, but not exactly cheap :p If anything I'd move back east coast. Have friends in Saint John, so that would be it mainly. I think about moving back home to Labrador City, but I'd feel trapped there too since it's the middle of nowhere. I miss it sure, but when I'm home for christmas or whatnot, I'm ready to leave again after 10 days.

Just like your hockey teams, you cant pick just one city to live in. ;P

Curufinwe

That CT scan is pretty horrible. Even if he was wearing a visor though, it seems like there would be some real potential of injury still though, no? How much can those visors take?

Like Schenn got hit in the visor by a puck against Winnipeg and missed about 15 minutes despite there being a lot of blood. Compare that to Marc Staal.

bremon

Like Schenn got hit in the visor by a puck against Winnipeg and missed about 15 minutes despite there being a lot of blood. Compare that to Marc Staal.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I wear a visor when I play but have never played at a level where standing in front of a howie makes a lot of sense or would be considered remotely necessary lol, so I've never had to wonder about the durability of the visor. It does seem pretty archaic that they aren't required at this point.

MacAttack

“Their overall game is not there right now. [Marchand] and that line haven’t been as good. It’s certainly something that we deal with internally. I’m not going to elaborate them, specifically, publicly; that’s not my style,” said Claude Julien. “I’m seeing the same thing you guys are.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/julien-marchands-game-not-there-right-now

Sounds like Claude is considering switching up the Bergeron line. The obvious choice would be to put Jagr up on that line and move either Seguin or Marchand to play with Kelly and Peverley. I wouldn't put it past him to put Paille on that line and have either Soderberg or Daugevins dress in place of Marchand for a game.

Alucard

Banned
Listening to episode 4 of the podcast. Anything that has the sentence "Henrik is a joke as a captain" in the first five minutes is okay by me.

I won't be able to watch the game tonight. Family bday obligations. Not sure they'll have cable.

Let's Go Pens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Torts was already talking about what kind of player replaces Clowe in the lineup (which is actually kind of unusual for him), so it seems pretty certain that Clowe is out tomorrow.

Oh well. I look forward to seeing what this team is like when it's healthy next year.

Marvie_3

Banned
Listening to episode 4 of the podcast. Anything that has the sentence "Henrik is a joke as a captain" in the first five minutes is okay by me.

I won't be able to watch the game tonight. Family bday obligations. Not sure they'll have cable.

Let's Go Pens.

This is why being affiliated with families is not a good idea.

UberTag

Toronto is a team of robots, confirmed:

aPkxii8.gif
You were expecting something different from a team with Optimus Reim in net?
Of COURSE they're robots. And yes, Kessel had a screw loose and Fraser's a Terminator.
The only one I'm not sure is a robot is Phaneuf. I'm not sure Elisha Cuthbert goes for cold hard metal. That's more of a Megan Fox thing.

ATF487

I didn't know SAP was that popular. I worked as an intern for an auto parts manufacturer and that is what we used.

I work for a defense contractor and we use it for everything billing related. it's pretty powerful stuff but i know i'm going to hate dealing with it on monday

edit: isles!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom