• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Socreges

Banned
So Strait was way too slow picking up Crosby and then, not satisfied with his failure, puts it into his own net

Bettman got to him, too

calder

So Strait was way too slow picking up Crosby and then, not satisfied with his failure, puts it into his own net

Bettman got to him, too

Lol

And wow Strait is going to have nightmares about Crosby going around him when this series is over either way.

ShaneB

Hell of a first period so far.

Damn those Pens though seeming to always score right after an Islanders goal... with some help.... Let's go Isle!

edit: holy shit at that close call with the skate.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is that the official pronounciation?

I thought Streit corrected people in Montreal.

I remember watching it and I think the commentator pronounced both names the same way. Unless the commentator was off, too.

Streit is supposed to be pronounced with the "ei" sounding like "eye" (so, str-eye-t), how is Strait supposed to be pronounced?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I remember watching it and I think the commentator pronounced both names the same way. Unless the commentator was off, too.

Streit is supposed to be pronounced with the "ei" sounding like "eye" (so, str-eye-t), how is Strait supposed to be pronounced?

That's what I thought, I'm prett sure Strait is pronounced like "straight", so they should be different. People continue to pronounce Streit as the latter though, so it gets confusing.

Isles!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's what I thought, I'm prett sure Strait is pronounced like "straight", so they should be different. People continue to pronounce Streit as the former though, so it gets confusing.

Isles!

I'm pretty sure the commentator pronounced Strait like Streit, but it's probably a safe bet to say that they sometimes get confused, too.

GO ISLES

Alucard

Banned
2-1 after one? Ouch. Get this shit done, Pens. I know you're likely not winning the Cup with the lack of chemistry, but at least get out of the first round please.

Socreges

Banned
If there is a next game. I'm not even sure who I want to win. I love the pens lineup and they are probably my 2nd favourite team but at the same time I feel it would be much easier for the Sens to beat the islanders in 2nd round.
Sens would not face the Islanders if they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom