• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurmer

Banned
I mean, could Vokoun possibly win a cup? Really?

Only reason I think sens have a chance is because their goalie is playing great...but they'll still probably find a way to lose. Pens will probably make the finals and lose to hawks/kings/ducks

MPW

as long as fleury doesn't start or regains his form, pens will beat sens

sens can win the series if anderson allows 1 goal per game vs pens

cube444

Do you think Vokoun can get this team a cup? I dunno, I think we still need the good Fleury (SHUT UP NHL-GAF HE EXISTS) in order to go all the way.

Going to be interesting to see how Bylsma plays this. Because we need Fleury to have confidence in the event you have to go back to him, and I'm thinking it's going to happen.

He's allowed 40 goals in his last 10 playoff games. That Fleury existed and died in 2009.

If the Pens go back to Fleury it will be done as a desperation move. ie. facing elimination or down 2 games to none. (Maybe if Sens win the first game too)

I don't think the Pens D is good enough to win a Cup.

Alucard

Banned
Do you think Vokoun can get this team a cup? I dunno, I think we still need the good Fleury (SHUT UP NHL-GAF HE EXISTS) in order to go all the way.

Going to be interesting to see how Bylsma plays this. Because we need Fleury to have confidence in the event you have to go back to him, and I'm thinking it's going to happen.

If Vokoun has a bad game and gives up 4-5 goals, I can definitely see Bylsma going back to Fleury. He wouldn't have a choice. MAF is the guy you're paying big bucks. Maybe this time away would give him the motivation he needs to get his shit together. Good Fleury definitely exists. He just hasn't been around in 3-4 years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
the near-miss from the Pens-Isles game:

closecut_medium.gif

That was ridiculously lucky.

Alucard

Banned
as long as fleury doesn't start or regains his form, pens will beat sens

sens can win the series if anderson allows 1 goal per game vs pens

Pretty sure Anderson can afford 2 goals a game against the Pens. Pens do give up goals. We'll see...anything can happen.

cube444

If Vokoun has a bad game and gives up 4-5 goals, I can definitely see Bylsma going back to Fleury. He wouldn't have a choice. MAF is the guy you're paying big bucks. Maybe this time away would give him the motivation he needs to get his shit together. Good Fleury definitely exists. He just hasn't been around in 3-4 years.

He peaked. You're now witnessing the regression.

Alucard

Banned
He peaked. You're now witnessing the regression.

Nah. He had a solid February and March this season. Could just be going through a rough patch right now, or...he might actually just be shit in the playoffs, OR it's a combination of the Pens hanging him out to dry since THEY can't play in the playoffs either.

Anyway, really hoping these playoffs will have the Pens getting stronger each round, and tightening their game.

cube444

That kick looks intentional to me. Not done to hit in the face mind you but done in a way for not liking the fact he got hit.

You don't "naturally" kick your leg up that high.

C Jones

Yeah it's a weird spot to be in. You bench him for the rest of the playoffs, and let's say the Pens lose a bunch of close games and don't win the cup, then what? What does that do for Fleury going forward, is that it for him? Getting ahead of ourselves a bit but yeah, going to be interested to see not only who they start for game 1 but the reasoning behind it. Vokoun also had the "well he's hot against the Isles" thing going that they could rely on too.

Interested to see how our PP does against the Sens PK next round. Special teams bailed us out a lot in this series.

C Jones

He's allowed 40 goals in his last 10 playoff games. That Fleury existed and died in 2009.

If the Pens go back to Fleury it will be done as a desperation move. ie. facing elimination or down 2 games to none. (Maybe if Sens win the first game too)

I don't think the Pens D is good enough to win a Cup.
As Alu pointed out, I'm mainly talking about regular season where we've seen the good Fleury, as recently as this year.

cube444

As Alu pointed out, I'm mainly talking about regular season where we've seen the good Fleury, as recently as this year.

True but we all know that the regular season means fuck all in the playoffs. The Pens almost found that out the hard way versus the Isles in the first round.

Cake Boss

Banned
The crappy photoshops have begun.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Alucard

Banned
The crappy photoshops have begun.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We're ready for war. I'll try to tone it down. Likely won't get to watch too many of the games as is. Just hope CBC carries them since I don't have TSN.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One more finisher wouldn't hurt. Hopefully Strome or Niederreiter is that guy.

Niederreiter is atm 7th in World Championship scoring, 4 goals & 2 assists in 5 games. Looking good out there.

For comparison, Giroux also has 6 points, Eberle has 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom