• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake the feeling that Boston will dominate tomorrow's game, and the scoreline will wind up 4-2 or 5-2 in their favour.

MPW - The last thing the Leafs need is a 1st period lead. They seem to perform so much better going into the 2nd locked in at 0-0.

Smash88

Banned
My final thoughts on Game 6 for Leafs. Reimer played like a brick wall, some of those saves were just astounding. Reimer won that game for the Leafs.

I can just hope MLSE and c/o, doesn't trade him away like they usually do with other players.

God you're bitter. I wasn't celebrating the dig against you. I'm just ball washing Acid because of the small supportive posts he's made for the Leafs over the past week.

I wasn't bitter about that. Just found it funny. How am I supposed to understand the message you were trying to convey? His insult was directed at me, the only assumption to make it is that you are supporting him.

rinse82

I kind of am. Was hoping for a loss in Toronto to see the fans all salty, but I guess it was delayed for another day.

Awww, how cute.

I'm just saying there is more pressure on Toronto tomorrow, especially when the game is taking place in Boston.

It truly is hilarious.

Then you don't really understand sports at all.

Heavily favored team in danger of blowing a 3-1 series lead, playing in front of an anxious home crowd.

The reality is, both teams are going to be equally up against it tomorrow. It's fucking game 7

Step up Caps fans. Take a one week ban if you have the balls.

DN48ieS.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cleary is an idiot. What a dumb penalty.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My final thoughts on Game 6 for Leafs. Reimer played like a brick wall, some of those saves were just astounding. Reimer won that game for the Leafs.

I can just hope MLSE and c/o, doesn't trade him away like they usually do.

As they usually do? Good to see you seem to be stuck somewhere in the mid 90s.

Why stop there with the dated Leafs jokes? We still do need to plan the parade right?

Your digs are almost as old as the Leafs Cup drought.

I'm all for people ripping on the team, that's a part of following the sport but I don't condone weak ass troll attempts.

I advise go lay down and tomorrow come back with some good digs or frankly I'm disappointed in you.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Babcock's brilliant placing of Samuelsson at center pays off as he's a mile behind the play on that goal.

I can't shake the feeling that Boston will dominate tomorrow's game, and the scoreline will wind up 4-2 or 5-2 in their favour.

MPW - The last thing the Leafs need is a 1st period lead. They seem to perform so much better going into the 2nd locked in at 0-0.
That feeling may stem from the fact that the Leafs blow ass in game sevens. Flashes of that game seven vs Jersey years back where we had a total of 5-6 shots the entire game and got shutout.

Least I think it was a game 7.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why would we have to keep replanning the parade anyways? It's not like the city layout changes drastically every time we are in the playoffs

Seems like a huge waste of resources to me

Who woulda thought it would be our rookies doing most of the carrying this series.

Bonino and Etem, take a bow.

Lovejoy, you're just fantastic. Thank you Pens.

Smash88

Banned
As they usually do? Good to see you seem to be stuck somewhere in the mid 90s.

Why stop there with the dated Leafs jokes? We still do need to plan the parade right?

Your digs are almost as old as the Leafs Cup drought.

I'm all for people ripping on the team, that's a part of following the sport but I don't condone weak ass troll attempts.

I advise go lay down and tomorrow come back with some good digs or frankly I'm disappointed in you.

:lol ?

The Kessel trade. The Luongo trade. The Rask trade. Numerous other little trades that made absolutely no sense. Leafs management tends to do some idiotic things, even you have to admit that.

And yes, I am quite aware that both teams will face a lot of pressure tomorrow for Game 7. But keep up with the whole, "Smash has no idea about sports if...blah blah blah". Seriously.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Detroit has to get out of this first period tied 1-1. If the Ducks score here they'll be in control all game unless it turns into a penalty parade.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

The Kessel trade. The Luongo trade. The Rask trade. Numerous other little trades that made absolutely no sense. Leafs management tends to do some idiotic things, even you have to admit that.

Kessel trade has been fantastic

We traded a 1st, not luongo himself and iirc we got McCabe out of it edit: no we didn't.

The rask trade was a stupid gamble and that was all on JFJ

Actually our worst was kurvers trade

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So does this game 7 help Bos or TO?

I can't shake that this benefits Bos, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Maybe the big players are just too tired, but we've been skating like crazy so that could do us in too.

Either way, it'll be a good game and I'm glad we took it this far and hopefully got the Boston monkey off our backs.

Merguson

Banned

And yes, I am quite aware that both teams will face a lot of pressure tomorrow for Game 7. But keep up with the whole, "Smash has no idea about sports if...blah blah blah". Seriously.

When did we have Luongo????

EDIT: Ah a 1st... as DopeyFish just explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom