• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Detroit has to get out of this first period tied 1-1. If the Ducks score here they'll be in control all game unless it turns into a penalty parade.
Only chance we have is if the refs let them play. Our special teams are so bad. That PP just took away all momentum we had, turning point of the 1st period.

Als Etem has been the most scary Ducks players this series to me.

Smash88

Banned
Kessel trade has been fantastic

We traded a 1st, not luongo himself and iirc we got McCabe out of it

The rask trade was a stupid gamble and that was all on JFJ

When did we have Luongo????

EDIT: Ah a 1st... as DopeyFish just explained

To touch upon the Luongo "trade". You would have had him.

Also don't worry Merguson, I'm not going to take a jab at you about not knowing that - as others would have.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
To touch upon the Luongo "trade". You would have had him.

Also don't worry Merguson, I'm not going to take a jab at you about not knowing that - as others would have.

He was a 4th overall pick

No guarantee we would have chose him

Hindsight... 20/20.... Etc

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit I remember Wings fans ripping Abdelkader earlier this season, must be loving him now.
No, we still hate him. I think it'll take nothing short of a Stanley Cup victory for us to like him on the top line. I mean really, you put anyone with Pavel and Z, they're gonna score if they're not a moron.

bob page

What's with the shitty NHL Game Center app? Verizon claims I get free access to live games but apparently you can't watch any playoff games live? What a load of crap.

Quick

Banned
Eh, weird thing was that the few games prior to the trade, he started playing really well and I thought it was a bad trade. Gardiner and Lupul later makes me happy.

Lupul was a salary dump on Anaheim's part that Toronto was happy to take for Gardiner.

That turned out really well for us.

Lupul was a salary dump on Anaheim's part that Toronto was happy to take for Gardiner.

That turned out really well for us.

Exactly, we got two cornerstone pieces for the price of Francois Beauchemin. I'm surprised that Anaheim gave up Gardiner as a lot of Anaheim fans were praising this guy.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
bruinschoke.jpg

pringles

No, we still hate him. I think it'll take nothing short of a Stanley Cup victory for us to like him on the top line. I mean really, you put anyone with Pavel and Z, they're gonna score if they're not a moron.
Babcock logic:

Put a 4th liner on the 1st line for no reason, call him team's most improved player because he's gone from 4th liner to 1st liner.

That said, he's been MUCH better the week leading up to the playoffs and in this series. Great goal at a crucial time there.

Wow, so anyways, Detroit likes to blow leads, this is probably no exception, so Go Wings and I'll celebrate or jump of a building when I wake up and see the score!

I will say though, whoever wins this series will not make it past round 2, both teams are going to be extremely tired with at least 4 OT games and all that wonderful traveling.

UberTag

For the goals in tomorrow night's pivotal Game 7, we should have clapping bears if the Bruins score and hanging bears if the Leafs score.

And just to reinforce for posterity...

Penguins in 5
Habs in 6
Rangers in 5
Leafs! in 7

Hawks in 4
Ducks in 5
Sharks in 7
Kings in 6
I will be wearing the jersey I wore in Games 1, 3 & 4 tomorrow night and not sitting in the chair I sat in for Games 2, 5 & 6. GO BRUINS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom