• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

BJ13NWKCEAAC99p.jpg

This.

is the worst thing ever.

wbsmcs

:lol ?

The Kessel trade. The Luongo trade. The Rask trade. Numerous other little trades that made absolutely no sense. Leafs management tends to do some idiotic things, even you have to admit that.

And yes, I am quite aware that both teams will face a lot of pressure tomorrow for Game 7. But keep up with the whole, "Smash has no idea about sports if...blah blah blah". Seriously.

Brett Lebda and Robert Slaney for Cody Franson

Francouis Beauchemin for Jake Gardiner and Joffrey Lupul

Luke Schenn for JVR

Signing Jay McClement

Yea...these were some moves that made no sense.

5 key contributors this series and past season.

How can you live in Toronto and actively root AGAINST this team. A team no one gave a chance. A team that was down 3-1 after a demoralizing goal in game 4 OT, but managed to crawl back and force a game 7 because of two brilliant games backed by a goaltender that no one even knew about 2 years ago. Quit being so bitter and appreciate the strides this teams made the last couple months.

The Kessel trade. The Luongo trade. The Rask trade. Numerous other little trades that made absolutely no sense. Leafs management tends to do some idiotic things, even you have to admit that.

And yes, I am quite aware that both teams will face a lot of pressure tomorrow for Game 7. But keep up with the whole, "Smash has no idea about sports if...blah blah blah". Seriously.

The Luongo trade? The Leafs traded Luongo at some point? Unless you're saying the "lack of Luongo" trade which is the smartest decision they made. And yes the Rask trade was unfortunate but it took two injuries to Gustavsson and Giguere to find a gem in Reimer who was drafted by JFJ in 2006.

The fact that the Leafs look this good with an unfinished team shows that the positive moves of management far outweigh idiotic moves of management.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

I'm not sure why you're ripping Leafs management on a trade that didn't happen (and they didn't need) and a trade they clearly won.

Yeah, the Rask trade sucked but that was eons ago.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What is the record of Detroit vs. Chicago this year? Google is not coming up with it.

Edit: I see it 0-4 for the Hawks. Never mind.
Yeah, but like I said a few weeks ago, 3 of those games were won in extra time, 2 via a shooutout and the other in OT. That last game was that 7-1 blow out which is not telling of how each team plays against each other. Every team has a shitty blow out game once a season.

Those other 3 games were really close, Detroit even had one of them won only to take a stupid puck over the glass penalty late which allowed the Hawks to tie it with like under a minute left. A Wings/Hawks series would be epic.

lupinko

The Luongo trade? The Leafs traded Luongo at some point? Unless you're saying the "lack of Luongo" trade which is the smartest decision they made. And yes the Rask trade was unfortunate but it took two injuries to Gustavsson and Giguere to find a gem in Reimer who was drafted by JFJ in 2006.

The fact that the Leafs look this good with an unfinished team shows that the positive moves of management far outweigh idiotic moves of management.

We traded a 1st round pick to NYI for McCabe, that pick became Luongo.

If that guy wants to keep bringing up old trades then the Leafs also gave up Scott Niedermayer, since that was another traded draft pick that became a star player.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Luongo was drafted with our pick (we traded it to get Schneider and Wendel Clark back)

Same with niedermayer (FOR TOM FUCKING KURVERS)

Water under the bridge though

LOL

Quick

Banned
Brett Lebda and Robert Slaney for Cody Franson

Francouis Beauchemin for Jake Gardiner and Joffrey Lupul

Luke Schenn for JVR

Signing Jay McClement

Yea...these were some moves that made no sense.

5 key contributors this series and past season.

How can you live in Toronto and actively root AGAINST this team. A team no one gave a chance. A team that was down 3-1 after a demoralizing goal in game 4 OT, but managed to crawl back and force a game 7 because of two brilliant games backed by a goaltender that no one even knew about 2 years ago. Quit being so bitter and appreciate the strides this teams made the last couple months.

You, I like you. Continue to make your presence known here.

The Leafs brutally murdered his family, permanently scarred him physically and mentally, and called made fun of him. In that exact order.

THOSE MONSTERS.

If that guy wants to keep bringing up old trades then the Leafs also gave up Scott Niedermayer, since that was another traded draft pick that became a star player.

Yeah well we also gave up a 1st round pick to the Sharks which ended up being Lars Eller. Shit happens and we still look good.

Not sure why he has to bring up old trades that have nothing to do with us now.

lupinko

You, I like you. Continue to make your presence known here.

The Leafs brutally murdered his family, permanently scarred him physically and mentally, and called made fun of him. In that exact order.

THOSE MONSTERS.

I thought the Monster went to Motown no?

wbsmcs

Surprised he didn't bring up the deal they made in 2007 when the Leafs traded a 1st and a 2nd to San Jose for Toskala and Mark Bell. San Jose then traded those 1st and 2nd round picks to St Louis for St Louis' 1st round pick who ended up being Logan Couture.

So hey...Leafs coulda had Couture as well.

The only way we're winning this is if the Red Wings collapse.

Which sucks because I'm at work today and I literally cry every time the Ducks are eliminated from the postseason.

So I really don't want to do this at work.

Quick

Banned
Surprised he didn't bring up the deal they made in 2007 when the Leafs traded a 1st and a 2nd to San Jose for Toskala and Mark Bell. San Jose then traded those 1st and 2nd round picks to St Louis for St Louis' 1st round pick who ended up being Logan Couture.

So hey...Leafs coulda had Couture as well.

ieCFB2boGNYqR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom