• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So who's pumped for Raw tonight?! Sanjuro, UberTag?

Samyy

Why shouldn't Leafs fans expect to win tonight?
They've taken 2 out of 3 in Boston this series and have all the momentum?

Simple we don't have Bozak, Reimer has played out of this world but I don't think its sustainable.

If Gunnarson is out then its pretty much done.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Why shouldn't Leafs fans expect to win tonight?
They've taken 2 out of 3 in Boston this series and have all the momentum?

In 2011, the home team won 6 of 6 home games before game 7, too... Not necessarily indicative...

Socreges

Banned
Everyone trying to out-reverse-jinx the other. You know people have gone too far when they say things like "We don't have Bozak, we're doomed".

I'll give the edge to the Bruins just because of playoff experience, but the Leafs also have less pressure which will help.

Rags/Caps.... uh, Lundqvist to play out of his mind and steal the game

Samyy

Everyone trying to out-reverse-jinx the other. You know people have gone too far when they say things like "We don't have Bozak, we're doomed".

I'll give the edge to the Bruins just because of playoff experience, but the Leafs also have less pressure which will help.

His our best center for face-offs, especially in the defensive zone. Kind of important.

Socreges

Banned
His our best center for face-offs, especially in the defensive zone. Kind of important.
42.6% on FOs in the 5 games he's played

44th out of 50 players who have taken at least 50 faceoffs (or something like that)

Even if he was so valuable at faceoffs, you're still overstating his importance in order to lay the groundwork for excuses.

42.6% on FOs in the 5 games he's played

44th out of 50 players who have taken at least 50 faceoffs (or something like that)

Even if he was so valuable at faceoffs, you're still overstating his importance in order to lay the groundwork for excuses.

Boston is the best faceoff team in the league.

UberTag

In 2011, the home team won 6 of 6 home games before game 7, too... Not necessarily indicative...
Oh, I'm well-aware of that. I was in a state of karmic bliss before that Game 7.

This Game 7, though? I have no clue which Bruins team is going to show up.
Odds are it'll be the chokers, but we won't know until the game starts.

I still haven't slept since Game 6 ended. Replicating the events of our earlier three wins hasn't been easy.

Boston is the best faceoff team in the league.
A lot of good it's done us the past two games.

Yes. And Bozak is still doing very poorly. Acting like his absence is the X factor is ridiculous for a bunch of reasons.

Taking faceoffs against the best in the league while playing with an injured wrist is going to skew the stats but please use your out of context numbers to prove that Bozak is irrelevant to the success of this team. Maybe you can also pull out some stats to excuse why the Canucks are a steaming pile of shit.

Alucard

Banned
I honestly feel the Bruins/Leafs game is going to be a blowout for the Bruins. When I say blowout, I mean it in the playoff sense, i.e. winning by at least 3 goals. I honestly hope it will be a tight and entertaining game, but I think the Bs are just going to be fed up and that all of their chances will finally start going in.

Alucard

Banned
Taking faceoffs against the best in the league while playing with an injured wrist is going to skew the stats but please use your out of context numbers to prove that Bozak is irrelevant to the success of this team. Maybe you can also pull out some stats to excuse why the Canucks are a steaming pile of shit.

Can't believe I'm defending a Soc post, but...

He attacked the idea that they need Bozak to win faceoffs despite his FO percentage being pretty low in the playoffs. He has a point. Don't say "We need Bozak to win faceoffs!" When he wasn't doing that before his injury, playing against a strong faceoff team or not.

Socreges

Banned
rbe0dk-1.gif

I was responding to "Simple we don't have Bozak" and saying that Samyy is overstating his importance.

Can't believe I'm defending a Soc post
Yeah. I always have such outrageous, marginal opinions.

Can't believe I'm defending a Soc post, but...

He attacked the idea that they need Bozak to win faceoffs despite his FO percentage being pretty low in the playoffs. He has a point. Don't say "We need Bozak to win faceoffs!" When he wasn't doing that before his injury, playing against a strong faceoff team or not.

Who is saying this? I haven't seen a single person do it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Evander Kane comes across as a pretty big dude bro douchebage type as well.

Edit: I forgot Ott, how did I forget the king of douchebags?

UberTag

Dear Leafs:

please dont make me watch basketball

Love,

Me.
Plenty of other sports you could watch instead.

Like women's tennis. Those short skirts are mighty fine and the French Open is right around the corner.

No need to subject yourself to basketball. March Madness is long over. That's when basketball season ends.

Like women's tennis. Those short skirts are mighty fine and the French Open is right around the corner.

No need to subject yourself to basketball. March Madness is long over. That's when basketball season ends.

Truth. And I only care about March Madness cause it can win me money.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dear Leafs:

please dont make me watch basketball

Love,

Me.

Evander Kane comes across as a pretty big dude bro douchebage type as well.

Edit: I forgot Ott, how did I forget the king of douchebags?

negro-frowns.jpg

Clydefrog

spyder1.jpg

I feel like I only see these Can Am commercials during a hockey game. Who in their right mind would ever ride one of these giant tricycles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom