• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggzy

I'm gutted about losing last night. The salt is giving me hypertension. Blaaaaaaargh.

MToZxoZ.jpg

So long playoff beard. I enjoyed you while it lasted. Off to the off season thread I go.

Brian Burke was a genius in making the Leafs the youngest team in the league. He knew there was going to be a lockout this year and if there was a season it'd be shortened which would fatigue the older teams but give the leafs the edge with their youth!

Well played Burke, well played.

Not really.

Toronto beating Washington or the Rangers to get to the conference finals... now THAT would be insane.

Winning on Monday would just be yet another Bruins early-round collapse when they were the overwhelming favorites and had a seemingly insurmountable lead... something we've seen happen at least once every two years for the past DECADE.

2002 - #1 Boston lost to #8 Montreal despite being the top seed in the conference after splitting the first 4 games.
2004 - #2 Boston lost to #7 Montreal after leading the series 2-0 and 3-1.
2009 - #1 Boston to #6 Carolina after choking out of the gates and losing Games 2, 3 & 4 after finally slaying the Montreal dragon in the first-round (after 3 consecutive playoff exits to the Habs).
2010 - #6 Boston lost to #7 Philadelphia after leading 3 games to 0, becoming the first team to choke away a 3-0 series lead since the 1975 Pittsburgh Penguins.
2012 - #2 Boston lost to #7 Washington after being largely dominant in the 2nd half of the regular season. All 7 games were decided by a single goal - the first time that's ever happened in NHL playoff history.

Oh and the common theme of those past four chokejobs. ALL OF THOSE SERIES WENT 7 GAMES.

So yeah, Boston Bruins fans aren't in complete disbelief at all at this turn of events.
WE EXPECTED IT!

We also expect to lose on Monday night. Although I'm going to do my part to try and ensure that doesn't happen by recreating the exact circumstances of Games 1, 3 & 4 (wearing my Bergeron jersey while listening to a CBC.ca stream at my computer at work) and not the exact circumstances of Games 2, 5 & 6 (not wearing any jersey and sitting in the exact same chair at a friend's place while watching the game with a bunch of Leaf fans on a 65" television).
image.php

So now that the series win has settled in, we are going to get crushed by the Hawks.

However, for a team who had a very good chance at missing the playoffs and only made it in because they won their last 4 games of the season, beating the 2nd seed in a hard fought 7 game series, I have to say that our "Rebuilding" year and this team has far overachieved what was thought of them.

Will we get crushed by the Hawks? More than likely, but I have to say despite the complaining, I'm proud of what this team managed to do this year.

UberTag

Chicago will annihilate Detroit in 5 games or less.
The winner of tonight's Rangers/Capitals Game 7 will annihilate Toronto in 5 games or less.
Kings/Sharks and Pens/Sens should both be decent.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not a whole lot of Rangers on the ice for the optional morning skate, it seems. Richards, Staal, Gilroy, Kreider, Newbury, Biron.

Speaking of Brad Richards, he only played about 9 minutes last night, about half of which was on the power play. Dat 4th line demotion. He's gotta be the highest paid 4th line center in the league, right?

Not a whole lot of Rangers on the ice for the optional morning skate, it seems. Richards, Staal, Gilroy, Kreider, Newbury, Biron.

Speaking of Brad Richards, he only played about 9 minutes last night, about half of which was on the power play. Dat 4th line demotion. He's gotta be the highest paid 4th line center in the league, right?

Oh no, has the Rangers destruction on all stars begun on Richards now?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's a wash.

Bruins win:

+ LOLeafs
+ All the "lifelongs" who appeared over the weekend will disappear for another decade
- Bruins advance

Leafs win:

+ LOL Boston choke
+ Habs' biggest rival gone
- PLAN THE PARADE!

I feel like I have to cheer for the Bruins almost. I hate bandwagon fans, and it won't get any better if the Leafs move on. I know every team has there share but this will be the worst.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, has the Rangers destruction on all stars begun on Richards now?

Richards has been garbage all season long. Really really bad. He did have one really hot stretch for about a week and a half in late April, including one of the flukiest hat tricks you'll ever see, so it seemed like he was maybe getting his confidence back and turning things around, but nope, he's right back to garbage again.

Early on he was blaming it on his conditioning not being up to par after the lockout, but at this point that shouldn't be a factor anymore.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
yo kave kat what u do 4 wrk

Underwriting coordinator for a home warranty program.

I get to register/renew/revoke builder licenses in Ontario as well as follow up with them for documents we need.

I deal with smaller builders who are mostly up north though.

As of now, I want the Leafs and Sens to go all the way to the Eastern Conference Final.

Anyway, it's either the Hawks or Kings who will go all the way to win the Cup

As of now, I want the Leafs and Sens to go all the way to the Eastern Conference Final.

Anyway, it's either the Hawks or Kings who will go all the way to win the Cup

Honestly, call me crazy but I think the winner of the second round between either the Bruins/Leafs v Rangers/Capitals is going to be the team representing the East.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Holzer is joining the Leafs. Might be just a cautionary thing.. Leafs already had Blacker up so.. *shrug*

Why do I have this feeling Gunnarsson's hip is finally hurting him too much?

If Gunnar is out, and bozak is still out.... We could be in some trouble

ElNino

Yeah, I should probably take that into consideration as well. She is definitely not a bandwagon fan.
I'm sure she's not... just thought that your marriage would be more important than dealing with the typical bandwagon fans that appear during the playoffs. ;-)

Happy to see another game 7 tonight, but the only problem is that I coach my son's baseball team and their game starts tonight at 6:30 pm. I'll have the game taping so I can catch up, but I still think I'm going to cut the game short after the first inning. Considering it is cold and rainy, I think the parent will appreciate a shorter game.

I'm sure she's not... just thought that your marriage would be more important than dealing with the typical bandwagon fans that appear during the playoffs. ;-)

Happy to see another game 7 tonight, but the only problem is that I coach my son's baseball team and their game starts tonight at 6:30 pm. I'll have the game taping so I can catch up, but I still think I'm going to cut the game short after the first inning. Considering it is cold and rainy, I think the parent will appreciate a shorter game.

You're going to stop the game after the first inning?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

You're right, :lol

As long as the game is entertaining, which it should be.

ElNino

You're going to stop the game after the first inning?
The league is for 6/7 year old kids and the normal game is only three innings. Considering this is only the second game of the season and it will be less than 10 C tonight (and possibly raining), stopping the game after our pre-game practice and one inning played wouldn't be unusual even if the Leafs weren't in game 7.

Heretic

I'm gutted about losing last night. The salt is giving me hypertension. Blaaaaaaargh.

MToZxoZ.jpg

So long playoff beard. I enjoyed you while it lasted. Off to the off season thread I go.

Nice beard, bud. My heart still hurts :( Will post pics of my "beard" later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom