• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks-GAF, do you think the outcome would have been different with Schneider in net?

No. Luongo wasn't the issue. He was probably one of our best players out there. I'd say him and Weise were the ones that most came out to play.

calder

Playoff tickets will be absurdly expensive in Winnipeg, but I think I have a couple of seasons left to save up. West looks to be tougher and the central sure as shit doesn't look like the SE. :p

Ra\/en

No. Luongo wasn't the issue. He was probably one of our best players out there. I'd say him and Weise were the ones that most came out to play.

That being said, I would like to see how the nucks would do with schneider as the starter. Hope he's well enough to start next game.

Marvie_3

Banned
Huh he did? Well another goal then.
iMqVG7NLFIdTU.gif

;)

Sibylus

Banned
2/3 of those goals I can't even comprehend. Is puck control in and around the crease ZERO?!

My soul is a broad canyon, and disappointment in the Canucks overfills it.

Socreges

Banned
I'm not concerned (yet). They weren't heavily outplayed despite looking unusually sloppy. The Sharks aren't half as scary as the Kings were last year. Mixing up the lines, sharper passing (even the Sedins had some awful, lazy passes), and hopefully bringing in Tanev could make a big difference.

Leaving already. :lol :lol
Shameful stuff, though beating the skytrain crowd on a work night could be the difference between getting home at 1130 and getting home at 1am so it's not so bad.

Quick

Banned
Kind of sad, kind of not.

I know the Bruins are the better team, but then you always have hope.

No destiny bullshit from me, just hope.

Acid08

Banned
Kind of sad, kind of not.

I know the Bruins are the better team, but then you always have hope.

No destiny bullshit from me, just hope.
Hope is a good motto for a lot of teams this year. Basically any team that isn't the Pens or Hawks.

Quick

Banned
Hey Quick I think I forgot to thank you for the avatar so thanks! I love it.

Also did you pick up Hawkguy today?

No problem, anytime.

And yes, but I still haven't read it. Guess I have reading material on the train ride later. It's in my iPad ready to go.

Acid08

Banned
Easy there, fella. You said "Whigneault" which was cheese, so I just poked fun at you. But your sandy vagina shouldn't prevent you from answering the question.
I've been pretty unsalty toward y'all all night. And I think my first post covered it pretty completely. He said we were cheating on faceoffs which is a pretty weird complaint. Faceoff antics are so common for every single team.

But whatever, I'm just stoked we got one on the road as I was fully expecting to be going to the Tank down 2 games.

And I said Whineault which is some pretty legit word play( "Whigneault" is pretty rad though) . But yeah, salt and stanchions blah blah blah.

Is Hawkguy really that good? Have been on a comics/graphic novel kick lately and have some money.
It's the best new book in a long time. Fucking delightful vibe with great stories and a bit of legit drama. A lot of the issues are self contained stories. Pick up the first three issues. If you're not sold by #3 then it might not be your thing.

Quick

Banned
I picked it up thanks to the Hawkguy thread (thanks, Acid). It really hooks you in.

The writing and characters are awesome, and it's pretty fucking funny at the right (or wrong?) times.

Socreges

Banned
I've been pretty unsalty toward y'all all night. And I think my first post covered it pretty completely. He said we were cheating on faceoffs which is a pretty weird complaint. Faceoff antics are so common for every single team.

But whatever, I'm just stoked we got one on the road as I was fully expecting to be going to the Tank down 2 games.

And I said Whineauglt which is some pretty legit word play. But yeah, salt and stanchions blah blah blah.

It's the best new book in a long time. Fucking delightful vibe with great stories and a bit of legit drama. A lot of the issues are self contained stories. Pick up the first three issues. If you're not sold by #3 then it might not be your thing.
No way for me to know that, right? I thought you might have paraphrased or missed some context. Anyway, the full quote made it online and doesn't sound nearly as bad (what I expected):

"They're second in the league in faceoffs, they have experience and cheat and that's part of the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom