• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
No way for me to know that, right? I thought you might have paraphrased or missed some context. Anyway, the full quote made it online and doesn't sound nearly as bad (what I expected):

"They're second in the league in faceoffs, they have experience and cheat and that's part of the game."
Why say it at all though? It comes across as whiny.

Revenant

No way for me to know that, right? I thought you might have paraphrased or missed some context. Anyway, the full quote made it online and doesn't sound nearly as bad (what I expected):

"They're second in the league in faceoffs, they have experience and cheat and that's part of the game."

He sound salty

Socreges

Banned
Why say it at all though? It comes across as whiny.
Because he wanted to ruin your night? The Sharks are one of the best faceoff teams in the league partly due to being able to cheat successfully whereas most (eg, Kesler tonight) often get kicked out for trying the same.

Gamesmanship. Maybe the refs will keep a closer eye on Jumbo and co. Worth a shot anyway since he's not going to get fined for this.

Acid08

Banned
Because he wanted to ruin your night? The Sharks are one of the best faceoff teams in the league partly due to being able to cheat successfully whereas most (eg, Kesler tonight) often get kicked out for trying the same.

Gamesmanship. Maybe the refs will keep a closer eye on Jumbo and co. Worth a shot anyway since he's not going to get fined for this.
Yeah, makes sense. Now if only TMac would complain about goalie interference, maybe the refs would open their eyes ;)

I don't have a video but it seems that Havlat left the game because he was, seemingly unintentionally, speared hard in the balls by Bieksa :lol. Hope he's okay.

Socreges

Banned
You're NEVER going to catch interference like that, unfortunately. Too much going on in too small a space. We all needed replays to notice it.

Canucks normally get those calls against them so it was nice to have one in our favour.

Montresor

Damn the Leafs have to wait until Saturday for a chance at redemption.

I would feel ecstatic if they could come back to Toronto with a series split.

Montresor

How would you feel about going back to Toronto 0-2?

This will sound delusional but Pierre McGuire on TSN radio this morning said you're not in trouble until you lose on home ice (referring to the Islanders and Leafs). So I'll start panicking if we lose game 3.

I'm already panicking.

ShaneB

A disaster of games last night :( Leafs get decimated, Islanders get blown up, and the Canucks lose a pretty close game for the most part. Expected results I suppose, but still it's not encouraging to see the Leafs and Islanders pretty much no-show for game 1. The Canucks offense decided to take the night off as well :(

Bleh, it's just game 1, but every game matters dammit. Should be another fun night of games tonight, god damn I love the first round. Will be switching back and forth between games.

Also, Ference is a moron. Why act like a fucking dufus and "not remember" elbowing someone like he didn't remember pulling a middle finger and then magically said it was an glove malfunction or some bs. You might "not remember" it Ference, but hundreds of cameras sure do!

edit: I also love that the games have staggered start times. Watch one game, and flip to the other during intermission. Great!

After 22 years I thought you'd be used to how yoff trashtalk works. I'll be sensitive to your feelings in future dude.

That comes off sounding condescending but I mean it.

Dstrdly pls.......

No, I only try to trash talk after a victory, not before and we have no victories yet, so yeah...

And also I really don't care, trash talk it up.

Mr.Green

Who the fuck is Kerry Fraiser and why did he steal Byfugliens suit?

I only realllllly started watching in 08. A few years before Tabris I think.

136519285032.gif

And that's Mr. Kerry Fraser to you son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Fraser

Dat hairstyle!

TUSR

Banned
Dat hairstyle!

He has called over 1,900 regular season games and over 260 Stanley Cup playoff games since joining the league in 1980

More than Howe played.

And when I say 'really' started watching, I mean over 40+ games a season. Back when I used to play, I could never really sit down as a kid and watch.

Hes got outrageous flow on his wiki page.

Mr.Green

And when I say 'really' started watching, I mean over 40+ games a season. Back when I used to play, I could never really sit down as a kid and watch.

That was probably around 1980 for me. I remember Richard Sévigny and Denis Héron were the two Habs goalies back then and my cousin and I were making cardboard goalies masks like those...

Yeah, get off my lawn!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I hope Ference gets suspended, it was a dangerous elbow and the guy is kind of a dick and a cocky asshole, so I wouldn't mind not seeing his smug face on my TV for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom