• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
I will have to see better angles to know if it was clean according to rule 48, but injuries like that are the worst thing about hockey.
It's tough. Principle point of contact was the head, but you could argue that Eller put himself in a vulnerable position just beforehand.

calder

A major on that hit is tough, but while it was thisclose to a good hit he still got him in the head (from what I could see, no really good views of it) first. I don't see it as being worth even a one game suspension considering he got a misconduct.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are going to have a 5-on-3 if they don't lose their cool here.

EDIT: WTF? They gave Callahan a penalty for getting crosschecked and held to the ice?!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Only 41 shots through two periods? Montreal is so intimidated.

Gotta be at least a concussion, and broken nose for Eller.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm always just a little delighted whenever the Canucks lose in the playoffs at home.
Which is a shame because they have such a devoted fanbase.

Just look at the sea of blue in this crowd shot - still showing their dedication and support for their hometown team minutes after the game has ended.

620-chara.jpg

Every team would kill to have a fanbase like that.

Compare that with your typical Phoenix Coyotes game...

CoyotesAttendanceSept.jpg

I was out so I couldn't respond to this earlier:

Yeah, most people stayed after the Game 7 loss. And the applause/cheering when Lucic raised the Cup was huge. Sometimes our fanbase at the stadium doesn't disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom