• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is how the 2010 Capitals felt eh? Sens are garbage, they better sacrifice 100 virgins tonight to the sun god so Anderson can keep playing like he is.

Alucard

Banned
This is how the 2010 Capitals felt eh? Sens are garbage, they better sacrifice 100 virgins tonight to the sun god so Anderson can keep playing like he is.

Feels bad, right? You guys are getting Halak'd.

But hey, Subban is playing the best game of his career.

calder

What I'm saying makes more sense if you have the NHL language right in front of you:

Precedent has been that we don't need to KNOW that the player was thinking "I am going to hit him in the head" in order to determine that the head was "targeted". In other words, the player is accountable for where he ends up hitting [unless the opponent shifted his body immediately before the hit, making himself vulnerable]. Carelessness doesn't absolve you from an "Illegal Check to the Head".

That's a solid reading of the rule, and I agree with your clarification as to that.

Bit of a moot point though, the TSN panel - especially Kerry Fraser - did a pretty good job of convincing me that the hit was perhaps more legal than even I had been thinking initially. On the reverse angle it certainly does look like there was solid body to body contact before Gryba's shoulder hit Eller's head, and "principle contact to the head" is literally the only aspect of that hit that anyone can even argue was illegal.

Awful result of course, let's hope Eller's wasn't concussed (unlikely but it happens, you can get knocked out without getting a concussion, but hitting your face on the ice after sure makes it seem like a huge longshot) or at least not badly.

But when the Montreal Halaks make it to the ECF in 2010 it's OLE OLE OLE !?!??

Shouldn't have given Price the $6M before he actually accomplished something in the NHL besides comic relief in the All-Star game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And this is why you don't go full Ole Ole when you're up by 1 and there's 20 min to go.

I remember Canucks fans who joked around in 2011 after Game 2 like this. "First Round in 7, second in 6, third in 5 and final in 4 lololololol"

Those were the days...

Solo

Anderson/Price could very well decide the series. Habs are better offensively, defensively the teams are probably a wash, same with special teams. Anderson is better.

So basically all things are equal except our better O vs Anderson. And as we know, a goalie can steal a series.

:/

Fei

50 shots against?? Anderson is just a playoff beast. He's all I really remember from that awesome Avs-Sharks series from a few years ago.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Feels bad, right? You guys are getting Halak'd.

But hey, Subban is playing the best game of his career.
You sound really salty that Subban will be a better D-man then Letang for a long time.

But when the Montreal Halaks make it to the ECF in 2010 it's OLE OLE OLE !?!??

Shouldn't have given Price the $6M before he actually accomplished something in the NHL besides comic relief in the All-Star game.
Halak stole that series, I've never said otherwise, and I can't believe they gave $6 M to the goalie that every NHL scout, gm and coach says is one of the best in the league and world.

Solo

Diaz has been HORRIBLE tonight. Not only did he assist in the murder of Lars Eller, but he's failed to keep the puck in at the line like 10x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom