• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt on the ice.

I guess Perry's school never had puck sluts/bunnies

Pretty sure Ontario do. But I am pretty worried about all these internet dudes who look at somebody crossdressing for the sake of humour and think it's an affront to their own sexuality by implying it's a bad thing.

Montresor

Heard this on the radio, fucking bitch move. Diaz probably already feels like complete garbage, what an unnecessary comment to make. I thought Maclean was better then that.

That's not the angle I was going for.

He made it seem like he didn't know it was Eller that was hit and that he didn't know which player belonged to #61. He's playing the Habs in round 1 he should know these things, right? I would think he would have 61 = Diaz memorized.

Also, can someone let me know if this is an accurate assessment of the hit?

Diaz throws a suicide pass to Eller. Gryba catches Eller with his head down. Gryba hits Eller with a shoulder to chest hit. Eller falls and most of the damage (lost teeth, broken nose, jaw fracture) is caused when Eller's head bounces off the ice.

calder

Can we get a translator for when Sutter talks?

No need, he's actually always talking about farming. People think he's spinning a charming metaphor about working the land and how everyone needs to shovel some cowflop, but almost everything he says is a literal discussion of agriculture intended for his family back in Alberta. He's too cheap to pay for long distance so he uses interviews to give instructions.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's not the angle I was going for.

He made it seem like he didn't know it was Eller that was hit and that he didn't know which player belonged to #61. He's playing the Habs in round 1 he should know these things, right?

Also, can someone let me know if this is an accurate assessment of the hit?

Diaz throws a suicide pass to Eller. Gryba catches Eller with his head down. Gryba hits Eller with a shoulder to chest hit. Eller falls and most of the damage (lost teeth, broken nose, jaw fracture) is caused when Eller's head bounces off the ice.

That's basically how I see it, too.

pringles

Honestly what is up with Anaheim fans and the officiating so far? One could think you've never seen an NHL game before. There were 'missed' calls both ways, the interference on Koivu was a joke, you guys had a 5-on-3...

Sucks that wherever one goes to try and get some actual game/series discussion it's nothing but Anaheim fans complaining about calls. The team that is up 1-0 in the series and heavily favored to win it.

Then you're gonna love the fact the Wings start the 2nd on the PP. Koivu got a charging call at the end.

Yeah yeah we've seen this before. Refs give Wings a few chances, Ducks get salty and play terribly and full of emotion, 5-1 Red Wings etc.

This is why I hate playing the Wings.

Smiley90

Looked like Eller was out before he hit the ice, not sure how that happens on a shoulder to chest hit?

iIPPJcpgJefud.gif

Doesn't look like shoulder-to-head to me, sorry. I think Eller got knocked out upon impact.

Honestly what is up with Anaheim fans and the officiating so far? One could think you've never seen an NHL game before. There were 'missed' calls both ways, the interference on Koivu was a joke, you guys had a 5-on-3...

Sucks that wherever one goes to try and get some actual game/series discussion it's nothing but Anaheim fans complaining about calls. The team that is up 1-0 in the series and heavily favored to win it.

Honestly what is up with Red Wings fans and them being completely content when the calls are going their way? The penalties against us are fair and usually result because of shitty emotions, but the missed calls are what always hurt us. ALWAYS. I'm yet to see a Red Wing missed call.

Ducks players get frustrated and not getting called on, carries through to the play, and it goes from there.

And heavily favoured to win it? Are you serious? Did you not see any postseason predictions from the media whatsoever?

Revenant

pringles_vinegar_ssdmarkets.jpg

pringles

Honestly what is up with Red Wings fans and them being completely content when the calls are going their way? The penalties against us are fair and usually result because of shitty emotions, but the missed calls are what always hurt us. ALWAYS. I'm yet to see a Red Wing missed call.

Ducks players get frustrated and not getting called on, carries through to the play, and it goes from there.

And heavily favoured to win it? Are you serious? Did you not see any postseason predictions from the media whatsoever?
Ducks had the least PP opportunities in the league I think. Maybe they just don't draw as many penalties as you think? The whole "ref wings" thing is honestly embarrassing.
And Detroit being a popular 'upset choice' doesn't change Anaheim being the favorite to win the series.

Smiley90

Shoulder-to-head. Your gifs are sweet and everything but super slow motion on a 50-in HDTV can't be beat.

No shit. :p Shane also just showed me the youtube clip of another angle where he DOES seem to also hit the head, I only made gifs of the angles shown on replays on the play, where they hadn't shown the behind-the-play angle. He definitely hits the head too, but I'm not sure if it's the principal point of impact.

Yeah, and that angle is shit as well.

See above. I didn't see the other, more clear angle until 2mins ago, sorry.

Clydefrog

One period to go. Keep up the pressure, Kings. Brown you're beautiful :)

also, WTF AT THESE CHANNELS AGAIN. The first 10 mins were blacked out because it switched to NHL Network. I thought they said they'd FIX THIS SHIT.

am I the only one in here watching the game in socal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom