• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
what the FUCK happened in here

it's... it's... glorious

5ff.png

Cake Boss

Banned
Urgh I am not feeling the new Kendrick album, I was hoping for a banger like Maad City, with the new car purchase and the spring weather I was hoping for some music for my rap car banging in suburban canada scaring white people.

:( this shit sounds like a 90s jazz album.

Back to schoolboy Q.

Solo

If the playoffs started today, in Round 1 it would be Rags vs Bruins. This pleases me greatly - the east's best team vs the Bruins. Whoever wins will come out beaten up good.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Urgh I am not feeling the new Kendrick album, I was hoping for a banger like Maad City, with the new car purchase and the spring weather I was hoping for some music for my rap car banging in suburban canada scaring white people.

:( this shit sounds like a 90s jazz album.

Back to schoolboy Q.

Well I haven't heard it yet but worst case just remember Yeezy season approaching...

And if you're into it I'm sure Drake is dropping soon as well.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Having any kind of heat-based name for a hockey team seems counter intuitive to me. All hockey teams should be named after birds which thrive in the water.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol at that Kreider trip on Gudbranson last night

Remember guys and gals, he still doesn't know his own strength.
He's quickly climbing the ranks of scumbag players in the league. The fact he's a good player is what is stopping people from dog piling him.

Well I haven't heard it yet but worst case just remember Yeezy season approaching...

And if you're into it I'm sure Drake is dropping soon as well.
CB is right about there being no bangers, but it's a chill / jazzy / soulful album. I love it, he really took a risk and he killed it. There's a million other guys putting bangers out every day.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
CB is right about there being no bangers, but it's a chill / jazzy / soulful album. I love it, he really took a risk and he killed it. There's a million other guys putting bangers out every day.

Then I think I might really enjoy this one. That's the type of vibe I need.

I get my bangers from ratchet songs I know I shouldn't like.

Spl1nter

Side note: everyone needs to see Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Tina Fey is the greatest.

I think sometime that should happen next season is Sportsnet changes hometown hockey to feature back-to-back games. The first game being a CHL game and that is where the broadcast is set from. Be great to have more CHL hockey on national television.

Red_Man

Then I think I might really enjoy this one. That's the type of vibe I need.

I get my bangers from ratchet songs I know I shouldn't like.
:lol exactly. This guy from the album thread put it well:

GKMC is a rap album, made by a rapper

TPAB feels like something bigger, made by a musician - nothing else on the market sounds quite like it and I fucking love Kendrick for rapping something else than mindless materialism and shit like every other person does

He really went out on a limb here and he killed it. I'll be vibing to this for a long time, we needed an album like this.

zroid

Banned
Tina Fey is the greatest.

I think sometime that should happen next season is Sportsnet changes hometown hockey to feature back-to-back games. The first game being a CHL game and that is where the broadcast is set from. Be great to have more CHL hockey on national television.

they did this with Sault Ste Marie a couple weeks back, it was nice. I also think it's weird how the Hometown Hockey "game" is usually tenuously related to the venue, at best. they might interview a player from one of the teams who happens to be from there, but that's about it.

Spl1nter

they did this with Sault Ste Marie a couple weeks back, it was nice. I also think it's weird how the Hometown Hockey "game" is usually tenuously related to the venue, at best. they might interview a player from one of the teams who happens to be from there, but that's about it.

Ya the connection is too weak. "Celebrating" CHL hockey makes a lot more sense if you want a grassroots focus of hockey in Canada. The CHL is pretty impressive and unique as a developmental league for any sport world wide.

Razorskin

----- ------
Stamkos not being in the top 10 with how well Tampa has done this year is ridiculous
Their second line is ridiculously good, and every player on it hasn't even entered their prime.

Meanwhile the Habs have 1 first liner and a bunch of second line talent or worse to fill their top 6

zroid

Banned
Stamkos not being in the top 10 with how well Tampa has done this year is ridiculous

Their second line is ridiculously good, and every player on it hasn't even entered their prime.

Meanwhile the Habs have 1 first liner and a bunch of second line talent or worse to fill their top 6

yeah the first thing is Tampa's PP is crap unfortunately so it's hurting Stamkos' production; that and the fact he plays with worse wingers than Tyler Johnson does (which is great for the team overall because the Johnson line is amazing), but again it hurts Stamkos' production.

Solo

The better stat is Ovie having more PP goals (21) than the Sabres (20).

I wonder if the NHL is worried about such low scoring/point totals.

1 50 goal scorer this year and the Art Ross will be won by an 80-something point getter.

Basically, goaltending records are the only NHL records you'll ever see fall again.

Red_Man

And our #1 center is left to sit and dwell on LW on the second line with rotating line mates every game.

Cooper plays Stamkos on the point for the powerplay. I cannot believe how horribly misused he's been.
Why would he take him off the dot like Ovi?

Spl1nter

I hope so, the clutch and grab has been pretty damn bad this season

There needs to be less clutch and grab but hopefully the players would be able to adapt quickly so there would not be a significant increase in penalties either. Too much PP time ruins the flow of the game. Increased scoring from PPs doesn't benefit the game imo.

All because of a lucky stat change in fantasy, I was able to tie the 2nd to last place in our league, but I still had a worse record. I was so pissed that I fucked it up that I didn't get McDavid and got Eichel for the draft... but I'm going to get McDavid. So fucking happy :).

Top Bottom