• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

You were supposed to be my friend Shane. I even rooted for the Seahawks to win after they beat the Niners.

=( I was conflicted. I kept saying I don't know, but he insisted on a Kings rout, so I said fuck it, Rangers in 7 and it'll be a great series to watch!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
link

plz no. plz. plz.

"Kyle Clifford," huh? A likely story...

0asxt.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Not even close. Kings-Age is fine, Pens-Age was horrendous at their height of entitlement. Don't really get all the Kings hate in here besides Brown / Stoll, seems like it's just the cool thing to do right now.
There's also Doughty

Though part of me actually likes Doughboy

Pens-age was just Alucard spamming photoshops because he's a simpleton. I didn't think there was much else to it

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's also Doughty

What's the issue with him? I obviously don't watch a ton of Kings games, but I can't really recall him doing anything particularly dirty. Kings have a lot of likeable players for me personally, although I'm all for the character assassination of Brown.

Socreges

Banned
What's the issue with him? I obviously don't watch a tonne of Kings games, but I can't really recall him doing anything particularly dirty. Kings have a lot of likeable players for me personally, although I'm all for the character assassination of Brown.
Haven't seen nearly as much of the Kings this year, but in the past he's been a primadonna, an occasional diver and generally just very yappy.

Fun to watch, though. A dman that generates offense while not having to be so defensively unreliable..... ;)

"first time in 10 years"

Dat nuance.

Wait for it. Waaaait for ittttt.

Wtf happened in this thread? Rangers-GAF not salty enough, so Kings-GAF -snirk- taking aim at their own? That's what happens without a decent captain I guess. Just like the actual team doesn't have a decent captain either.

Well to be fair, Ducks-age doesn't have a decent captain and we're doing just fine.

For some reason WonkyPanda feels like a rookie to me. Too innocent. Clydefrog is definitely Jeff Carter and/or Mike Richards. Pickles probably kopitar. Jackshit is stool. Dream can be brown because he's giving me the "i can count to potato" vibe. That leaves poly and you. I guess you can be Gaborik and Poly Quick?

This is very accurate. Pickles is skillful (like Kopi) in the sense that his posts are good. Kaepaeteatain is like Jack Johnson in that he's eager, keen and makes smart plays but ultimately won't stick around.

PROVE ME WRONG KIDS, PROOOVE ME WROOOONG

Can't think of anyone else that is really a Kings fan

It's hard to pick a unique overweight guy with a goatee to rise above the rest to lead you all to the promised land.

I'm never angry and I almost never post so I'm the best kind of kings fan.

You're the Toffoli of Kings-age. New guy who is producing and hasn't done anything obviously dirty.

There's also Doughty

Pens-age was just Alucard spamming photoshops because he's a simpleton. I didn't think there was much else to it

And wrestling GIFs. So many fucking wrestling GIFs. He'll put wrestling in your lives with every irrelevant wrestling GIF ever. Something happens? Here's a wrestling GIF of a guy doing a haymaker then him saying "Hello what". Did someone say they "can't wait to see the Finals"? Don't worry, here's Alucard with a "YOU CAN'T SEE ME" GIF in action. Was there something funny happening? Here's a wrestling GIF of a wrestler laughing at another wrestler as that wrestler tries to use Pythagoras' theorum to determine the greatest angle to enter the ring at. YOU SHOULD ALL BE AWARE THAT WRESTLING EXISTS THANKS TO THE ALL POWERFUL ALUCARDS SHITTY WRESTLING GIFS.

For every wrestling GIF, I'm going to post a UFC GIF from now.

That's because

giphy.gif

We don't need a leader.

Karakand is Paul Kariya in that he was the first of Ducks-age to be adored but then faded into obscurity. Heretic is Koivu in that he's adored by everyone and it's hard to say a bad thing about him. I'm Perry in that I'm skillful and piss everyone off. Smack and Giggzy are Fowler and Lindholm in that they're rookies who have now become stud roster essentials.

You're Maroon in that you're a huge contributing presence that earned his way to the top line quickly.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I wish both of these teams could lose.

But, if I had to see a team win, I'd pick the Rangers, because true Americans don't root for Kings.

Calamari41

41 > 38
And I was like, "EMMMILIOOOOOO!"

Though coach Bombay was instrumental in creating that first spark of comradery, once he left to start his minor league career we were on our own and everything went fine. Until the filthy Icelanders got all up in our grill.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I just love that LA gives no fucks about hockey and we still kick ass at it. lol

Where the fuck is our football team already? I'm ready for some rings.

Socreges

Banned
And wrestling GIFs. So many fucking wrestling GIFs. He'll put wrestling in your lives with every irrelevant wrestling GIF ever. Something happens? Here's a wrestling GIF of a guy doing a haymaker then him saying "Hello what". Did someone say they "can't wait to see the Finals"? Don't worry, here's Alucard with a "YOU CAN'T SEE ME" GIF in action. Was there something funny happening? Here's a wrestling GIF of a wrestler laughing at another wrestler as that wrestler tries to use Pythagoras' theorum to determine the greatest angle to enter the ring at. YOU SHOULD ALL BE AWARE THAT WRESTLING EXISTS THANKS TO THE ALL POWERFUL ALUCARDS SHITTY WRESTLING GIFS.

For every wrestling GIF, I'm going to post a UFC GIF from now.
This post has got me legit shook

EdmondD

At the risk of sounding like a bandwagoner I'm going to join this thread. I lurk the NHL thread all season and have for many years but that don't mean shit. I'm a true Kings fan though and I understand the apprehension people feel for bandwagon fans. I'm am not one of those fans though. You remember Aki Berg? I do. Fuck that dude. You remember Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh? I loved those guys. It's unfortunate their careers were cut short due to injury. Remember when Jason LaBarbera was our number one goaltender? I hated him although he wasn't terrible.

Kings have accomplished some amazing things this season. I don't even care if they win the cup they pulled some impossible shit. Somebody said these teams are boring. What the fuck are you talking about. Winning three game sevens? An amazing series against the always dangerous Chicago? Chicago always kicks our ass but we pulled through. New York has been just as exciting. Lundqvist is fantastic. Have you been watching the post season?

Don't know why GAF hate the Kings so much but that's alright. Brown and Stoll can definetely be dirty sometimes I won't argue that fact. I hate that dirty shit. Brown hasn't really been much of a captain this season. Regardless of how you feel this is going to be some good hockey. Just sit back and enjoy this is going to be a hell of a series.

Quick

Banned
At the risk of sounding like a bandwagoner I'm going to join this thread. I lurk the NHL thread all season and have for many years but that don't mean shit. I'm a true Kings fan though and I understand the apprehension people feel for bandwagon fans. I'm am not one of those fans though. You remember Aki Berg? I do. Fuck that dude. You remember Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh? I loved those guys. It's unfortunate their careers were cut short due to injury. Remember when Jason LaBarbera was our number one goaltender? I hated him although he wasn't terrible.

Kings have accomplished some amazing things this season. I don't even care if they win the cup they pulled some impossible shit. Somebody said these teams are boring. What the fuck are you talking about. Winning three game sevens? An amazing series against the always dangerous Chicago? Chicago always kicks our ass but we pulled through. New York has been just as exciting. Lundqvist is fantastic. Have you been watching the post season?

Don't know why GAF hate the Kings so much but that's alright. Brown and Stoll can definetely be dirty sometimes I won't argue that fact. I hate that dirty shit. Brown hasn't really been much of a captain this season. Regardless of how you feel this is going to be some good hockey. Just sit back and enjoy this is going to be a hell of a series.

You.

I like you.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Uh what? Those are Dallas uniforms.

I just watched the movie a couple weeks ago, Based Bombay takes them to a North Stars game.

I was surprised by the logo too, to be honest.

That's an English crown actually. It's more than likely a play on Edward's Crown.

I know, I just think it looks more feminine than the current one with the more sharp features. Like I said, I was jokingly stretching the find an insult for it.

kingslunk

We're they already in the process of moving? Could be that the movie is the one that debuted the jerseys since the NHL back the movie like crazy.

So I looked it up. I was wrong. Those are definitely the Minnesota North Stars uniforms between 91 and 93 before they came to Dallas.

Acid08

Banned

Hey look a Kings fan makes a good introductory post instead of just coming into the regular thread like SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT SALT SO SALTY SALTY DIS SALT

I actually do like a good number of Kings players(Kopitar is absolutely the best defensive forward on the league) but can't ignore:

1. Brown ending our star rookie's Calder finalist season with some dirty, cheap shit.
2. Stoll once again injuring one of our defenseman in the playoffs(this time our best one) with a hit to the head from behind, effectively killing any chance we had in the series this year.

So yeah....fuck the Kings.

We got people hating on the forum blue unis now? Classless.

I give Brown a pass on this season, his knee has been messed up since it started. Apparently the brace bothers him a lot, the same way it bothered Kopi during his knee business.

Acid08

Banned
We got people hating on the forum blue unis now? Classless.

I give Brown a pass on this season, his knee has been messed up since it started. Apparently the brace bothers him a lot, the same way it bothered Kopi during his knee business.
Maybe he should stop sticking his fucking knee out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom