• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
First Ranger on the ice today (and only one for a while): Marty St. Louis.

J.T. Miller back to practice today. First time since getting run into the post in the Habs series. Still no Cam Talbot.

TrueGrime

Ok, in honor of the Luigi gifs from Game 7 the other night, I just have to share the greatest thing to come out of Mario Kart 8 so far.

Luigi Ridin' Dirty

Go through the official Luigi gif thread if you want tears in your eyes: Luigi sends notice that The Year of Luigi never ended...

The deeper it goes, the better it gets.

My god..

GlamorousGleamingClownanemonefish.gif

Just saw this: http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/201...chicago-blackhawks-sets-viewership-milestones

Awesome news for the sport!

Game 7 of the Western Conference finals has set several viewership milestones.

The Los Angeles Kings' 5-4 overtime win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday averaged more than 4.1 million viewers on NBCSN. That's the most for a non-Stanley Cup final NHL playoff game since at least 1994, which is as far back as Nielsen's records go.

The previous high was more than 4 million for Game 7 of the 1996 Eastern Conference finals between the Florida Panthers and Pittsburgh Penguins on ESPN, when the population was smaller.

NBC said Tuesday the game drew more viewers to its sports cable network than any Stanley Cup final matchup. NBCSN, under various names, has aired two games in the championship series since 2006.

:lol

That's not really fair though, because Staples would be too empty to boo Bettman in the event of a cup victory. Everyone will leave as soon as time expires so that they can get out of the parking structure in less than two hours.

Pro-Tip for my So Cal brethren, there's a public parking lot on Francisco that is ten dollars max on gamedays. Ten dollars!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Pro-Tip for my So Cal brethren, there's a public parking lot on Francisco that is ten dollars max on gamedays. Ten dollars!

I usually just park at a meter a couple/few blocks east, like on Grand or Olive, and make an afternoon and evening of it. Life was simpler when I could take the student shuttle straight up

Clydefrog

Who wins the Conn Smythe (assuming the trend continues and no one in particular has an legendary series effort)?

LA - Kopitar / Gabbo if he gets like 4-5 more goals?
NY - Lundqvist

Calamari41

41 > 38
Who wins the Conn Smythe (assuming the trend continues and no one in particular has an legendary series effort)?

NY - Lundqvist

It has to be Gaborik. The guy has straight-up saved multiple games for the Kings, and thus can be pointed to as one of the absolute key reasons they have made it this far.

Even if NY sweeps them, Gaborik in my eyes has been the most valuable player to a team in this year's playoffs.

That Hockey is dying shit can fuck off. I remember reading something in my marketing class about how it could over take Baseball and Basketball if the trends continue. It'd take like 10 years though. Basketball is losing more viewership than any other sport. Hockey is gaining. Baseball is Baseball. No one even comes close to NFL. No surprise the most marketed sport is the most popular.

Mr.Green

NY - Lundqvist

As far as NY goes, I'd pick St-Louis over Lundqvist but maybe that's just me.

To be fair, I haven't followed NY that closely in the previous series, but I don't think he was that much of a factor beating the Habs.

I cant believe any of you would be upset at an LA vs NY finals. Its like a dream come true.

Kings in 5.

What you are looking at is a dynasty in the making. The Kings will be the NHL team of this decade. Mark my words.

Acid08

Banned
I cant believe any of you would be upset at an LA vs NY finals. Its like a dream come true.

Kings in 5.

What you are looking at is a dynasty in the making. The Kings will be the NHL team of this decade. Mark my words.
RIP in peace NHL and the heads and knees of their players

ShaneB

That Hockey is dying shit can fuck off. I remember reading something in my marketing class about how it could over take Baseball and Basketball if the trends continue. It'd take like 10 years though. Basketball is losing more viewership than any other sport. Hockey is gaining. Baseball is Baseball. No one even comes close to NFL. No surprise the most marketed sport is the most popular.

The NFL is a juggernaut. Everyone else is just fighting for second place.

NY - Lundqvist

Seems like the media has already anointed Drew and Henrik depending on who wins.

I'd vote Kopi or Gabbo. Kopi with a slight edge due to production + possession + winning or at least drawing in defensive matchups with Thornton/Couture, Getzlaf, and Toews. Gabbo right behind because there's no way the team is still alive without him scoring insanely timely goals in every series. Drew would be my third place...but like I said, it seems like hockey writers have already given it to him if the Kings win.

For the Rangers, has to be Henrik or St. Louis in that order. I guess maybe McDonough if he plays lights out all series and the other two fall off a bit.

Velcro Fly

I was walking around Downtown Disney this afternoon and saw a couple wearing Rangers shirts. I looked at them, said simply "Beat LA". They smiled and nodded at me like they knew.

2002-red-wings-e1273696994272-300x300.jpg

AH YEAH!!! Go Red Kings!!!

I don't know what I'm doing anymore, this series needs to end fast so we can see what stupid/entertaining trades are done in the offseason

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

LA - Gabbo if he gets like 4-5 more goals?
Going to laugh so hard if this happens. Bizzaro version of Vanek right there, whichever one of his cousins put a prop bet on that is going to make a loooooooot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom