• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roflobear

I've always noticed two patterns of NY fans:

Fans of the Knicks, Mets, Jets, and Islanders. Then fans of the Nets, Yankees, Giants, and Rangers.

Anecdotally, I think like 90% of multi-sport NY fans fall under those categories

Lone Wolf

Fans of the Knicks, Mets, Jets, and Islanders. Then fans of the Nets, Yankees, Giants, and Rangers.

Anecdotally, I think like 90% of multi-sport NY fans fall under those categories

I am a Nets, Mets, Giants and Devils fan. Most of my friends are Jets and Yankees fans. I doubt it goes like you say, at least not on Long Island.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kaeptain, it's too bad we didn't get in on this hardcore wagering action during our series. I would have had to FedEx you a fuckin' orange or something.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I could send up a Disneyland gift pack.

But what I'm having trouble with is figuring out the LA part of the bet. It wouldn't be very nice to send down rusted rebar and used needles, but what else could it be?

For me, it's Yankees/Jets/Rangers/Knicks.

I don't hate the other hometown teams, though!

...except the Devils. Fuck them and their trapping asses forever.

Clydefrog

854328233a7cmi.gif

look at this bandwagoner

I could send up a Disneyland gift pack.

But what I'm having trouble with is figuring out the LA part of the bet. It wouldn't be very nice to send down rusted rebar and used needles, but what else could it be?

Could send some strawberries from Ventura County. Those huge ones the size of your fist. Close enough to basically be LA but far enough to confuse people unfamiliar with the area.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot again missing today as the Rangers extras/taxi squad were on the ice. Jason Missiaen was in goal for that.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Man I love fresh strawberries!

Slice open a donut, slip some cut up strawberries inside. Not a bad sandwich

Give this man a raise!

I remember one time I was (rather sloppily) eating strawberries with powdered sugar at my desk. I finished the berries, left for a bit, came back, and my mom gave me a talk about drugs. I guess she saw the powdered sugar mess on my desk and thought I was doing lines of coke while playing Iceland Dale.

Man I love fresh strawberries!

Slice open a donut, slip some cut up strawberries inside. Not a bad sandwich

Mmm must try kudos for the idea. Too bad the massive strawberries are out of season now.

Apparently the kings made the playoffs guys! And a much better bet was made.

BpOUGw3CYAAmdQS.jpg:small

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Mayor Eric Garcetti Wednesday announced the wager he made against New York Mayor Bill de Blasio preceding game 1 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final.
The loser of the bet will help perform a rendition of the rival city’s song on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
If the LA Kings beat the New York Rangers, de Blasio will sing Randy Newman’s “I Love LA”; while if the New York Rangers win, Garcetti will perform a rendition of Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York”.

Cagey

Banned

Knicks are in both categories because no one liked the Nets. Yankees/Giants/Rangers and Mets/Jets/Islanders is an old Long Island v. NYC split that's gone by the wayside. Yankees/Knicks/Rangers/_____ is most common.

For me, it's Yankees/Jets/Rangers/Knicks.

I don't hate the other hometown teams, though!

...except the Devils. Fuck them and their trapping asses forever.

adam-henrique-o.gif

qwv3VTF.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
If I remember correctly before they moved to Dallas the North Stars were rumored to be moving to Anaheim then Anaheim got an expansion team instead.

i was even a Wayne Gretzky/Kings semifan then

It is crazy to think that I would have been a huge Modano fan, considering I hated his ass growing up.

Sprouts is a great grocery store

I have two within a mile radius of my house, I really should go into one of them.

Do you go to the one off of 17th?

For a moment I was confused then I remembered Clydefrog lives in Newport Beach.

I've never been to sprouts but heard good things.

In order:

Sprouts
Whole Foods
Trader Joe's

Sprouts has the quality and variety of Whole Foods, but is closer to the reasonable pricing of Trader Joe's. Best possible combination of the two. Wonderful chain.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The Nets played in New York in the 70s, out on Long Island. There was an initial association of them with the Jets and Mets and Islanders, but the popularity never got there to stick.

Huhn, learn something new. So ya, Long Island gets them.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
They finally have four officials. Truly next-gen.
And he's dropping the puck on the correct side of center. Took them fucking long enough. The ref's back was always to the cameras in the old games instead of facing them.

#Firstworldvideogamehockeyproblems

Quick

Banned
And he's dropping the puck on the correct side of center. Took them fucking long enough. The ref's back was always to the cameras in the old games instead of facing them.

#Firstworldvideogamehockeyproblems

I'd call you crazy if I didn't pay so much attention to the small details in this game, as well.

I remember downloading mods for the old PC versions to have some realism.

Clydefrog

I remember one time I was (rather sloppily) eating strawberries with powdered sugar at my desk. I finished the berries, left for a bit, came back, and my mom gave me a talk about drugs. I guess she saw the powdered sugar mess on my desk and thought I was doing lines of coke while playing Iceland Dale.

Iceland Dale :lol :lol

In order:

Sprouts
Whole Foods
Trader Joe's

Sprouts has the quality and variety of Whole Foods, but is closer to the reasonable pricing of Trader Joe's. Best possible combination of the two. Wonderful chain.

Grocery Store Power Rankings

the things we do to pass time on game day

that's bold to put Trader Joe's in third considering the cult following it has. but I do agree with you

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'd call you crazy if I didn't pay so much attention to the small details in this game, as well.

I remember downloading mods for the old PC versions to have some realism.
I started modding the PC NHL games back in 98 and even became the "go to" Red Wings guy for the old Thunderpuck and NHL Online modding sites. I'm kind of obsessed with this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom